• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

E90076

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, M5 CS, M2 CS, 992 GT3
Recently had the RS-R coilovers installed and am pretty impressed. Build quality and packaging was top notch so a nice first impression there. Unfortunately the ride height was off/uneven out of the box, though the manual states it is set at the recommended settings from the factory. Still playing around with the ride height - as most already know, the FL5 fender shapes make the rear end look dumped when rake is flat. This is particularly true at the RS-R recommended ride height. I’m toying with a few mm rake to find a balance of looks while maintaining the intended handling characteristics.

Speaking of handling, I noticed a significant upgrade in performance, roll resistance and even some additional steering feel. Very impressed with how well it drives now - direction change is noticeably more direct than stock and there’s more grip. Most important is that all of the bounciness has been eliminated. It’s stiff (maybe a hair more than stock) but the dampening is vastly improved from Comfort through Type R mode, which is even usable on rough roads now. Note these coilovers maintain the EDC modes. I have the dampers set halfway between the middle and hardest setting for those interested.

I’m running KW V3s on my M2CS and in comparison, the RS-Rs are a bit higher quality in hand but I will say the KWs do offer a more solid feel while driving. Hard to say how much of that is the difference in cars but the RS-Rs feels like they were built by Lexus and the KWs by Porsche…not in terms of performance, but build quality…which I guess makes sense given where they both come from.

Only downside is there is a faint rattle coming from the front end of the FL5 now. Haven’t had a chance to really dig into it but sounds like it’s coming from the top hats. Will follow up when I determine if it’s a RS-R component or other. The RS-R upgrade also highlights some flex in the chassis so I guess that will be my next mod if some good bracing options come out.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

E90076

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice writeup, looking forward to mine as well.

-Josh
Thanks! I’m sure you’ll enjoy them. Let us know your thoughts, and if you get any rattles on your end.

Cdmar

First Name
Cayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24’ CTR, 09’ Audi A4 Avant, 00’ Subaru 2.5RS
Recently had the RS-R coilovers installed and am pretty impressed. Build quality and packaging was top notch so a nice first impression there. Unfortunately the ride height was off/uneven out of the box, though the manual states it is set at the recommended settings from the factory. Still playing around with the ride height - as most already know, the FL5 fender shapes make the rear end look dumped when rake is flat. This is particularly true at the RS-R recommended ride height. I’m toying with a few mm rake to find a balance of looks while maintaining the intended handling characteristics.

Speaking of handling, I noticed a significant upgrade in performance, roll resistance and even some additional steering feel. Very impressed with how well it drives now - direction change is noticeably more direct than stock and there’s more grip. Most important is that all of the bounciness has been eliminated. It’s stiff (maybe a hair more than stock) but the dampening is vastly improved from Comfort through Type R mode, which is even usable on rough roads now. Note these coilovers maintain the EDC modes. I have the dampers set halfway between the middle and hardest setting for those interested.

I’m running KW V3s on my M2CS and in comparison, the RS-Rs are a bit higher quality in hand but I will say the KWs do offer a more solid feel while driving. Hard to say how much of that is the difference in cars but the RS-Rs feels like they were built by Lexus and the KWs by Porsche…not in terms of performance, but build quality…which I guess makes sense given where they both come from.

Only downside is there is a faint rattle coming from the front end of the FL5 now. Haven’t had a chance to really dig into it but sounds like it’s coming from the top hats. Will follow up when I determine if it’s a RS-R component or other. The RS-R upgrade also highlights some flex in the chassis so I guess that will be my next mod if some good bracing options come out.

How much room of adjustability is there? I am a diehard Ohlins guy but have known of and dealt with RSR since a lil lad, and the Ohlins lack the ability to drastically change the ride height as I prefer all my cars to sit like a 90's DTM car and tucking the tires lol

MERAKIAUTOWORKS

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Type R
How much room of adjustability is there? I am a diehard Ohlins guy but have known of and dealt with RSR since a lil lad, and the Ohlins lack the ability to drastically change the ride height as I prefer all my cars to sit like a 90's DTM car and tucking the tires lol
A lot.

How does it ride on comfort mode?
I heard better than OEM!

Got these back in stock.

-Josh

OP
OP

E90076

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How does it ride on comfort mode?
The spring certainly feels more stiff but the dampening is much much more sophisticated so I’d say it rides better than stock. Think more taut but way less bouncy.

Only downside so far is I am getting a clicking/ticking noise from the front and a clunky thud from the rear. Not terrible but definitely takes the car from factory fresh to modded. Bringing it in next week to get final height adjustment and spacers put on so I’ll have the noises looked at as well and report back.

TypeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-Rs!
Do you have any images of these installed? How low are you and have you had an alignment done?

OP
OP

E90076

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have any images of these installed? How low are you and have you had an alignment done?
Not a great one but here’s a photo I have on hand. I did have an alignment done after.
11th Gen Honda Civic RS-R Best-i Coilovers review IMG_2488

TypeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-Rs!
Nice, thanks for the picture. I've been looking at these since the ride quality of my springs make me hate driving this car haha.

MERAKIAUTOWORKS

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Type R
Nice, thanks for the picture. I've been looking at these since the ride quality of my springs make me hate driving this car haha.
What are you lowered on again?

-Josh