• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Have you ever ran the RE71RS at an HPDE? I ordered the same set of wheels and am looking at tires now. My plan is to do autocross and HPDE on whatever tire I get and am looking for one that will last a decent amount of track sessions while also being OK at autocross. Don't necessarily need God Tier autox grip but if I can get it out of a tire that also lasts awhile then might as well.

OP
OP
apexit53

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR, 2023 Integra aspec MT
Have you ever ran the RE71RS at an HPDE? I ordered the same set of wheels and am looking at tires now. My plan is to do autocross and HPDE on whatever tire I get and am looking for one that will last a decent amount of track sessions while also being OK at autocross. Don't necessarily need God Tier autox grip but if I can get it out of a tire that also lasts awhile then might as well.
I have not but my friends at ASmotorsports run them on their GTLC cars with no issues!

OP
OP
apexit53

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pins pulled shocks pushed in and vinyl sticker covers(pn below) on and alignment tomorrow.

those caps or stickers whatever you wana call them are only a buck each. I believe they help keep dirt out of the upper shock bearings? Idk but it calls for them so I put them on.

11th Gen Honda Civic Boost Blue Autocrossing FL5 Type R - Build Journal 3AB49A2B-C07C-40CF-A560-A99D0FBA2FA9

11th Gen Honda Civic Boost Blue Autocrossing FL5 Type R - Build Journal 52BFEAEF-FF85-49C5-9FF8-B22754FAD02E

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Stickers are a nice touch. Thanks for the part number. FYI the factory paint pen does a perfect job of matching the flat blue paint on the strut towers. It’s a two part pen that has paint and gloss separate from each other so you can apply it without the gloss.

OP
OP
apexit53

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know some if not all will see this in the autocross threads but I got it aligned the other day and the car managed to get -1.9 camber out of the front! a lot more than the old FK8! Im sure i would get more if we got creative with loosening alll the control arm bolts and pulling but i dont think its needed! 1st events this weekend but look like rain both day :(

OP
OP
apexit53

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Well everyone first weekend of racing in the books and the weather was far from perfect. Definitely cold and hard to get heat into these 295s but I can definitely tell this thing is quick. Gearing as we thought might be an issue as you can hear. Car is a bit tail happy as well but I suspect when things get warmer I’ll have to bump the rear bar up. Event one went well where as event 2 I finished behind a focus rs. Made some mistakes and rained in the afternoon so I couldn’t fix them. Close battle though!
Day 1 has my fast lap dirty at the end and day 2 see all the front wheel drive drifting 😂

spectre186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Camry, 23 Civic Type R
Very nice. I might have missed it, are you running an aftermarket sway bar? Car looks like fun, definitely willing to rotate!

OP
OP
apexit53

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very nice. I might have missed it, are you running an aftermarket sway bar? Car looks like fun, definitely willing to rotate!
I have the larger version of the karcepts rear bar :)