• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Gross, they got rid of Aegean for Boost Blue and it looks hideous to me. So basically you have 2 actual color options and then everything else is black, white, or different shades of silver/grey. Also seeing that price on the Sport/LX now that they have downgraded the motor to the 2.0 is ridiculous.

OP
OP

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Gross, they got rid of Aegean for Boost Blue and it looks hideous to me. So basically you have 2 actual color options and then everything else is black, white, or different shades of silver/grey. Also seeing that price on the Sport/LX now that they have downgraded the motor to the 2.0 is ridiculous.
Right and they are built in the states now so pricing should have gone down some. Also the only trim with siriusxm is the ST. IF the EXL doesnt have XM I BET the SI wont have it either. These conservative generations always lack styling and feature content lol

StickShiftRoy

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP Sport (sold), 22 BOP Si
I think they're trying to tell us not to buy the LX. With the chip shortage going on Honda is already prioritizing the higher end more profitable trims. Good luck seeing an LX in the wild lol.

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
I still don't like that they decided to put Boost Blue as an option for plain hatchbacks, as rare as hatchbacks are on the road compared to the sedans, I still wish they kept it as a Type-R only color

Zerostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Honda CR-V
They should have kept the blacked out trim for the Sport Touring model. Instead it gets the chrome and only the regular Sport model has blacked out window trim.

I also wished that the regular Sport had the 1.5T instead of the downgrade to the 2.0.

As is usually the case with Honda, the perfect trim does not exist for me. Moving up increases the price too much for things I don't want and the lower trims are missing the 1 key thing (turbo engine). Last gen's LX and Sport Hatchback were an all time great offering because they didn't skimp out the engine.

neoison

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 hatchback sport
I think boost blue looks awesome on the type R

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
They should have kept the blacked out trim for the Sport Touring model. Instead it gets the chrome and only the regular Sport model has blacked out window trim.

I also wished that the regular Sport had the 1.5T instead of the downgrade to the 2.0.

As is usually the case with Honda, the perfect trim does not exist for me. Moving up increases the price too much for things I don't want and the lower trims are missing the 1 key thing (turbo engine). Last gen's LX and Sport Hatchback were an all time great offering because they didn't skimp out the engine.
Wow, yeah, they made some bad choices this gen. Watch them put chrome on the Type R.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Charging extra for certain colors that used to be no charge? Hmm.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
It started with the luxury makers charging for "special" colors. Then the mainstream brands started. Honda is actually one of the later adopters of this kind of pricing for specific colors. The rationale being, these colors sell in much lower volume than the standard gray/black/silver that most buyers go for, and tend to cost a bit more because of the pigments needed. By charging a couple hundred dollars extra, they recoup the extra production costs of having these colors that cost more to produce and sell at lower volume. Does it make a ton of sense? Eh... hardly, especially on a car like the civic that sells in such huge numbers... but in normal market conditions it's not hard to have the charge removed from the final price, and if it means unique colors continue to be offered at all, it's a small price to pay I suppose.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
It started with the luxury makers charging for "special" colors. Then the mainstream brands started. Honda is actually one of the later adopters of this kind of pricing for specific colors. The rationale being, these colors sell in much lower volume than the standard gray/black/silver that most buyers go for, and tend to cost a bit more because of the pigments needed. By charging a couple hundred dollars extra, they recoup the extra production costs of having these colors that cost more to produce and sell at lower volume. Does it make a ton of sense? Eh... hardly, especially on a car like the civic that sells in such huge numbers... but in normal market conditions it's not hard to have the charge removed from the final price, and if it means unique colors continue to be offered at all, it's a small price to pay I suppose.
I don't mind paying more if it's a special color but hard to believe a Civic has fancy paint, and what's the point cause it'll chip off if a squirrel sneezes on your hood.