• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
I don't mind paying more if it's a special color but hard to believe a Civic has fancy paint, and what's the point cause it'll chip off if a squirrel sneezes on your hood.
You not lying...the paint on my current Accord and my old CRV are terrible
Sponsored

Zerostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Honda CR-V
Is there any added features that I'm not getting to account for the price difference between the hatchback and sedan (other than the LX hatchback having alloy wheels vs. steel wheels and covers). The LX hatchback is $1200 more than the LX sedan and the Sport hatchback is $1000 more than the sport sedan. If there isn't anything and that price difference holds through negotiations I think I might actually prefer the sedan and $1000 extra dollars in my pocket.

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
Is there any added features that I'm not getting to account for the price difference between the hatchback and sedan (other than the LX hatchback having alloy wheels vs. steel wheels and covers). The LX hatchback is $1200 more than the LX sedan and the Sport hatchback is $1000 more than the sport sedan. If there isn't anything and that price difference holds through negotiations I think I might actually prefer the sedan and $1000 extra dollars in my pocket.
Did a comparison of Honda posted specs between Sport Hatchback CVT vs Sport sedan CVT:

Rear seat:

HB 60/40 split - Sedan - no split

Mileage

HB 29/37/32 - Sedan 30/37/33

Paddle shifters

HB Dual mode shifters - Sedan shifters

CVT ratios

HB 2.645 to 0.405- Sedan 2.526 to 0.408

Final Drive Ratio

HB 4.81 - Sedan 3.941

Rear Stabilizer Bar

HB 17.5mm - Sedan 17mm

I assume HB CVT will have faster acceleration with the higher final drive ratio

adc3132

@sheesh_and_destroy
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
I don't mind paying more if it's a special color but hard to believe a Civic has fancy paint, and what's the point cause it'll chip off if a squirrel sneezes on your hood.
Go try and get something painted Orchid White Pearl or Sonic Grey Pearl... because of the added layer with the flakes for that pearl look, it's a multi stage paint and will cost you more than you expect. There's a lot that goes into the paint, but as far as the chipping and such I do believe that often has more to do with the application and then the protection applied, i.e. clear coat. If you get the car ceramic coated from the beginning, I haven't heard any issues of chipping.

John_GSR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F22 BMW
So, not that anyone asked for it, but here's my two cents. Honda really messed up with the configurations. It's bad enough that I went from thinking this would be my next car, to seriously considering something else. Like many people, I think the sport with the 1.5 would have been the sweet spot for many buyers. The only advantage I see to the 2.0 is possible reliability long term, but if it feels underpowered the whole time you own it that doesn't really matter. I also find color options in relation to trims to be a total mess. The fact that you can't get boost blue in the EX-L, but you can in the sport, seems like a strange move. I'm seeing pics of the EX in that color, but it must be for other markets. The fact that you can only get three colors in the manual sport touring is stupid. The fact that they chromed out the trim on the sport touring is a bad idea—which I know they probably did to match the exhaust, but it just makes it look cheaper. Also, personally I wanted cloth seats in my next car, but you can't get the better engine with cloth seats. It really feels like they went out of their way to push people into the top end trim, and I have a really hard time spending 30k on a civic. The accord starts to look like a much better option, I just hate that it's a boat. I think this gen looks great, but the packaging on Honda's part is a complete misstep if you ask me.

My personal plan was to buy this as my daily, and then have a sportier car for the weekends, but I still want to have enough power to merge on the freeway. This seemed like a really good alternative to all the terrible driving SUVs out there, or the cramped mazda 3, or the completely unreliable GTI. Now, I'm really not sure. I will still drive it to see if the base engine feels like enough power, but given the extra weight of this gen I'm guessing it'll need the 1.5t.

What I think this car needed, and I think they're doing this in other markets already, and maybe they will in the US next year, is to put the accord hybrid engine in this. It solves the power problem, it makes it easier on MPG, and it gets rid of the CVT (sort of). However, I might be in the minority in wanting that.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatchback

Zerostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Honda CR-V
So, not that anyone asked for it, but here's my two cents. Honda really messed up with the configurations. It's bad enough that I went from thinking this would be my next car, to seriously considering something else. Like many people, I think the sport with the 1.5 would have been the sweet spot for many buyers. The only advantage I see to the 2.0 is possible reliability long term, but if it feels underpowered the whole time you own it that doesn't really matter. I also find color options in relation to trims to be a total mess. The fact that you can't get boost blue in the EX-L, but you can in the sport, seems like a strange move. I'm seeing pics of the EX in that color, but it must be for other markets. The fact that you can only get three colors in the manual sport touring is stupid. The fact that they chromed out the trim on the sport touring is a bad idea—which I know they probably did to match the exhaust, but it just makes it look cheaper. Also, personally I wanted cloth seats in my next car, but you can't get the better engine with cloth seats. It really feels like they went out of their way to push people into the top end trim, and I have a really hard time spending 30k on a civic. The accord starts to look like a much better option, I just hate that it's a boat. I think this gen looks great, but the packaging on Honda's part is a complete misstep if you ask me.

My personal plan was to buy this as my daily, and then have a sportier car for the weekends, but I still want to have enough power to merge on the freeway. This seemed like a really good alternative to all the terrible driving SUVs out there, or the cramped mazda 3, or the completely unreliable GTI. Now, I'm really not sure. I will still drive it to see if the base engine feels like enough power, but given the extra weight of this gen I'm guessing it'll need the 1.5t.

What I think this car needed, and I think they're doing this in other markets already, and maybe they will in the US next year, is to put the accord hybrid engine in this. It solves the power problem, it makes it easier on MPG, and it gets rid of the CVT (sort of). However, I might be in the minority in wanting that.
Yup, I agree 100%. I've only owned Hondas/Acuras for the last 20 years but these trim options suck. You have to spend high 20's to 30k to get a Civic with the 1.5 turbo engine. The refreshed 2022 VW Jetta's will come with a 1.5 liter turbo engine standard and the base price is supposed to stay the same as the 2021 which started at less than 20k.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Hopefully it’s something temporary due to supply chain issues.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
The refreshed 2022 VW Jetta's will come with a 1.5 liter turbo engine standard and the base price is supposed to stay the same as the 2021 which started at less than 20k.
But that Jetta is boxy as hell.

On the other hand, the new steering wheel is freaking awesome.

11th Gen Honda Civic Build & Price for 2022 Civic Hatchback Now Live 2022_Volkswagen_Jetta_8

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si

You should still be able to find left over '21's that might fit your expectations, but 10th gen is going to be the last Honda I buy.

John_GSR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F22 BMW
You should still be able to find left over '21's that might fit your expectations, but 10th gen is going to be the last Honda I buy.
Yeah, there might still be a few out there. I don't dislike the look of the 10th gen, but it was always a bit much for me, and I thought it only really looked good in the sport trim. Also, the infotainment felt very old at this point. However, I've driven one on a couple of occasions, and I thought it was a great feeling car. I think the steering has better feel than that of the BMW 2 series I currently drive. It's of course down on power, but honestly driving a car with more power in LA traffic is just frustrating. I just don't get why no one is making a good hatch or wagon these days. Cars have become insanely expensive, especially with shortages right now, and I just want someone to make a reliable, fast enough car, with room for my dog—and some people too I guess. Electric would be fine too, just 40k as a starting price for something that feels like an appliance is just too much. I was looking for a Rav4 prime before this, but gave up after a 3k markup was the best "deal" to be had. I know my wants are fairly niche, so I can't get too upset, but the current car market baffles me. If anyone needs me, I'll be on some street corner yelling about how cars used to be better.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatchback
Yeah, there might still be a few out there. I don't dislike the look of the 10th gen, but it was always a bit much for me, and I thought it only really looked good in the sport trim. Also, the infotainment felt very old at this point. However, I've driven one on a couple of occasions, and I thought it was a great feeling car. I think the steering has better feel than that of the BMW 2 series I currently drive. It's of course down on power, but honestly driving a car with more power in LA traffic is just frustrating. I just don't get why no one is making a good hatch or wagon these days. Cars have become insanely expensive, especially with shortages right now, and I just want someone to make a reliable, fast enough car, with room for my dog—and some people too I guess. Electric would be fine too, just 40k as a starting price for something that feels like an appliance is just too much. I was looking for a Rav4 prime before this, but gave up after a 3k markup was the best "deal" to be had. I know my wants are fairly niche, so I can't get too upset, but the current car market baffles me. If anyone needs me, I'll be on some street corner yelling about how cars used to be better.
Honestly wished Hyundai still made the Elantra GT hatchback N-line. For me, that car ticked a lot of boxes as a fun, daily driver.

11th Gen Honda Civic Build & Price for 2022 Civic Hatchback Now Live elantra-gt-ogi

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Is anyone else NOT able to select Manual, Sport Touring + Boost Blue? Seems to be CVT only.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Honestly wished Hyundai still made the Elantra GT hatchback N-line. For me, that car ticked a lot of boxes as a fun, daily driver.

elantra-gt-ogi.jpg
I test drove one and felt it was one generation away from being really good. It wasn’t as fun as the Sport hatch but close. Wish we got the i30 here.
Sponsored