Sponsored

"PURE" Digital Factory Infotainment Integration Honda Civic Bose / Acura Integra ELS

OP
OP
Ash @ S2i Audio

Ash @ S2i Audio

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Ash
Joined
Sep 1, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
135
Reaction score
212
Location
Northern Virginia
Website
www.s2iaudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2025 ITS
Update: I have further modified the board and it's ready for PCB prototype production. I have design the board fit inside the smallest version of Lansing's "D" style enclosure seen here. They do custom features like flange mounts for surface mounting, and can pre mill the end cap to accommodate the single connector seen in the picture above. The footprint is pretty small: about 3"x2.75" by 0.75".

Even better news, I am working with a member here to integrate to his Helix DSP and I have confirmed that Helix uses standard potentiometers in its remote control strategy, so we will be able to control Helix DSP/amplifier volume with this device (so factory integration is possible).

Here's the latest 3D model for fun while you wait..

11th Gen Honda Civic "PURE" Digital Factory Infotainment Integration Honda Civic Bose / Acura Integra ELS 1773844440203-5n

11th Gen Honda Civic "PURE" Digital Factory Infotainment Integration Honda Civic Bose / Acura Integra ELS 1773844454845-iu
 

Websitesdown

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
432
Reaction score
351
Update: I have further modified the board and it's ready for PCB prototype production. I have design the board fit inside the smallest version of Lansing's "D" style enclosure seen here. They do custom features like flange mounts for surface mounting, and can pre mill the end cap to accommodate the single connector seen in the picture above. The footprint is pretty small: about 3"x2.75" by 0.75".

Even better news, I am working with a member here to integrate to his Helix DSP and I have confirmed that Helix uses standard potentiometers in its remote control strategy, so we will be able to control Helix DSP/amplifier volume with this device (so factory integration is possible).

Here's the latest 3D model for fun while you wait..

1773844440203-5n.webp

1773844454845-iu.webp

Thank you so much for your hard work on this. I'm excited to upgrade my audio in my fl5.
 
OP
OP
Ash @ S2i Audio

Ash @ S2i Audio

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Ash
Joined
Sep 1, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
135
Reaction score
212
Location
Northern Virginia
Website
www.s2iaudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2025 ITS
Thanks for the appreciation- it means a lot! This is a lot of work indeed, but it's also very satisfying.

Do keep in mind that initially there will be work on the consumer's end to integrate this into your DSP solution. It won't be turnkey right away because I may not know how your DSP handles volume control. But with each successful implementation, we'll have more and more knowledge and can make the device more and more of a turnkey solution! Eventually, my vision is to have this thing as bundle with a factory integration harness, where you specify your car and DSP and I mix and match the right solution for you (or you can just order it that way on a website, for example).

The more interest there is here, the faster we can get to that destination state!
 
OP
OP
Ash @ S2i Audio

Ash @ S2i Audio

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Ash
Joined
Sep 1, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
135
Reaction score
212
Location
Northern Virginia
Website
www.s2iaudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2025 ITS
Major Update 3/21/26

I am adding two features to the device to make it more broadly useable. Well, technically, one feature and one option.
  1. Most modern DSPs use a 3.3V architecture for their accessory remote volume controls, while older ones may use 5V (even some newer lower-end brands can use 5V). I built this device to be compatible with 3.3V because that's what my DSP uses. I've migrated to a new architecture that allows you to switch between 3.3V and 5V depending on your application, via firmware update. I'll be building Windows software to go along with this device that you or your installer can run to make easy compatibility adjustments.
  2. I had the thought of doubling up the DAC control submodule from one DAC to two DACs as an option. Why? For subwoofer level control! If you want the optional feature, you can tie in your bass EQ setting on your head unit into your DSP's subwoofer level control, if it has the additional capability. That, or if you use a separate amp for your subwoofer(s) and it comes with its own level remote, you can tie this second output into that. This would interface with the car in exactly the same way as the Single-DAC model, just with one extra output wire for your sub.
I'm quite curious to hear how interested folks will be in Item 2 above. I'm leaning towards offering this as an option rather than one SKU, because A) not everyone wants a subwoofer level control and B) it's more complex and therefore costs more to implement.

I'm starting to think this device might be more of an installer-focused device than a consumer-level one, because it will take a slightly deeper than typical understanding of wiring and configuration to make this work in your particular system. I'm curious about that, too - would you DIY this into your system, or rely on an installer to do it for you?
 


jtlctr

Senior Member
First Name
Jake
Joined
May 12, 2024
Threads
16
Messages
714
Reaction score
883
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R, 2008 Acura RDX
@ashmostro, I just wish you had a better understanding of modern electronics and programming 🤣
Seriously, I’m impressed with your knowledge and skills!

Very cool that you are sharing all your hard work with the community. I'm not an audiophile, but I'm not totally satisfied with the Bose stereo. At the very least, it would be nice to have more control over certain frequencies.
I don't know if I will get into the sound system on this car, but It's good to know we now have the option to utilize the aftermarket.

Good work, sir! Thank you!
 
OP
OP
Ash @ S2i Audio

Ash @ S2i Audio

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Ash
Joined
Sep 1, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
135
Reaction score
212
Location
Northern Virginia
Website
www.s2iaudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2025 ITS
Folks, do me a favor please.

If you're following this thread with any interest at all, can you tell me what brand and model of DSP/amp you would want to integrate into your car? Oh, and what model, year and trim Honda you have too please.

Thank you!
 
OP
OP
Ash @ S2i Audio

Ash @ S2i Audio

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Ash
Joined
Sep 1, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
135
Reaction score
212
Location
Northern Virginia
Website
www.s2iaudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2025 ITS
Favor request #2: are there any CTR folks local to Northern Virginia who would be up for visiting me so I can test your system to see if the factory encoding scheme is the same across models?
 

jtlctr

Senior Member
First Name
Jake
Joined
May 12, 2024
Threads
16
Messages
714
Reaction score
883
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R, 2008 Acura RDX
Favor request #2: are there any CTR folks local to Northern Virginia who would be up for visiting me so I can test your system to see if the factory encoding scheme is the same across models?
I have a Windows laptop and I’d be willing to buy the USB to RS485 adapter and run the test you need if you don’t find someone local to you. It will be a couple of weeks before I get my car out of storage though.
 


OP
OP
Ash @ S2i Audio

Ash @ S2i Audio

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Ash
Joined
Sep 1, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
135
Reaction score
212
Location
Northern Virginia
Website
www.s2iaudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2025 ITS
I have a Windows laptop and I’d be willing to buy the USB to RS485 adapter and run the test you need if you don’t find someone local to you. It will be a couple of weeks before I get my car out of storage though.
I appreciate that! I have a remote volunteer for that already, so that's why I'm hoping to also find someone local in case I need to dive deeper and troubleshoot. Much harder to do that remotely.

Thank you anyway though! If I end up needing a second remote volunteer I will def let you know.
 
OP
OP
Ash @ S2i Audio

Ash @ S2i Audio

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Ash
Joined
Sep 1, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
135
Reaction score
212
Location
Northern Virginia
Website
www.s2iaudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2025 ITS
Quick update: I found a better PCB manufacturer to work with as well as settled on a different brand of enclosure which I have purchase a sample of. Parts should start coming in next week and i will begin assembling the production prototype.

I also am thinking it might make sense to embed the conversion of the proprietary CE2 connector to RCA for the SPDIF source line, into this PCB and enclosure. It wouldn't be part of the volume control circuit, but would be a cleaner solution for the end user because everything related to the car's digital path would flow in and out of the same small piece of hardware.
 
OP
OP
Ash @ S2i Audio

Ash @ S2i Audio

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Ash
Joined
Sep 1, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
135
Reaction score
212
Location
Northern Virginia
Website
www.s2iaudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2025 ITS
SPDIF connections have been added to the board. Once I get the enclosure I will figure out the milling on the end plates to expose the connectors.

To summarize, there will be three "connections" to this device:
  1. The main 8-pin harness (seen in the background in the first shot) which will take in vehicle accessory power, vehicle RS485 signal pair that currently goes into the factory amplifier (carries volume signal), and outputs the voltage signal for the aftermarket DSP volume control input
  2. The vehicle's proprietary CE2 SPDIF connector that currently goes into the factory amplifier and carries the SPDIF music source, mated to...
  3. ...An RCA SPDIF digital output to feed into your DSP digital input
I also plan to include a pre-made secondary harness that you would mate with the harness that currently goes into your factory amp, which is where the RS485 signal as well as remote turn on and all analog sounds (chimes, Navi, backup sensor, etc.) so that this unit will be plug and play (other than you sourcing the vehicle accessory power and ground).


11th Gen Honda Civic "PURE" Digital Factory Infotainment Integration Honda Civic Bose / Acura Integra ELS {filename}





If the user wants, I can also build a factory amplifier output T-harness to tap into all the factory speaker wiring. If you opt for this you would have a turnkey solution for total system integration.
 

matttheazn

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2023
Threads
12
Messages
113
Reaction score
48
Location
MO
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Would you mind drawing a simple wiring diagram so that it is easy to visualize the signal path, including how the secondary harness integrates with the OEM radio and onto the PCB as well as onto the DSP high level.

It makes sense to me, but for those who are new to the thread and how this device works. Thank you for all that you are doing.
 
 







Top