• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Bose "Centerpoint" Sucks

Sooner1

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR BB, 2015 Audi A3, 2023 CRV Touring Hybrid
For the first week driving my FL5 I thought the Bose sound system sounded so bad that something had to be wrong with it - like a set of speakers was not hooked up. Changing the source did not matter (satellite, Carplay, even podcasts). I endlessly adjusted the treble, mid, and base settings with no improvement. I am not an audiophile but it sounded very hollow or flat. I found the setting for Bose Centerpoint, turned that off and it transformed the sound. It is full and amazing by comparison.

I have no idea why anyone at Honda or Bose thought this setting should be an option.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I’ve been into audio (mostly home stuff) for over 2 decades and Blose has never made any TRULY great products except maybe noise canceling headphones. An argument could be made for the audio system in the 1990’s RX7, I suppose. I know they did some innovative things back in the 70’s too. But since then they’ve relied almost solely on marketing hype and brand recognition to sell overpriced, mediocre, stuff. I’m not mad about the Bose system in my FL5, but I know it wouldn’t take much to improve upon it either. It is what it is.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I tried turning the Bose Centerpoint off expecting it to be way better but after toggling back and forth I personally think it sounds better with Centerpoint on.

Maybe my ears are different or I don't know any better.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I tried turning the Bose Centerpoint off expecting it to be way better but after toggling back and forth I personally think it sounds better with Centerpoint on.

Maybe my ears are different or I don't know any better.
Same. It's on for me and sounds better than when it's off. I also don't claim to be an audiophile and my hearing can be questionable at times.
Sponsored