• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
And yet all these other automakers are managing to make cars that are faster, with more power and bigger base engines w/turbos.

I'm tired of the excuses.
Yes, and they are more expensive, heavier, and get worse mileage.

I like that Honda is sticking to their roots by prioritizing light weight, handling, and practicality instead of chasing numbers.

The Si's only competition is the Jetta GLI/ Golf GTI. Both of those are at least $5000 more expensive than the Civic and weigh over 300 lbs more (!!). They also get significantly worse mileage.

Same story with the Elantra N, but it is even more expensive. You don't get more power without sacrificing something.

Look, of course it would be great if the Si had a little more power. But as an overall package it is much more appealing (to me) than it's competition, and that's why I bought one.
Sponsored

alic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Comparing to the 10th gen 1.5T sedan:
slightly faster 1/4 mile
better braking distance
better grip on skidpad(due to better tires and LSD? the stock firestone on 10th gen is trash)
11th Gen Honda Civic C&D Instrumented Test Results & Review: 2022 Civic Si Evolves but Remains a Driver's Car Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 4.40.03 PM
11th Gen Honda Civic C&D Instrumented Test Results & Review: 2022 Civic Si Evolves but Remains a Driver's Car Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 12.25.37 PM

And 10th gen Si stats for those interested:
11th Gen Honda Civic C&D Instrumented Test Results & Review: 2022 Civic Si Evolves but Remains a Driver's Car Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 4.43.32 PM

alic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Don’t forget the coupe though ;)
Wow how is the coupe managed to be so much faster, brakes better, and has better grip on the skidpad?
Is that the coupe Si? It's it because of the lesser weight? Now I understand why everyone likes the coupe (aside from aesthetic).

arpypat

First Name
Arpan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan ABM
Wow how is the coupe managed to be so much faster, brakes better, and has better grip on the skidpad?
Is that the coupe Si? It's it because of the lesser weight? Now I understand why everyone likes the coupe (aside from aesthetic).
The 2017 Si sedan, As Tested, did not have the optional summer tires. The stock Goodyear tires are ass.

alic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
The 2017 Si sedan, As Tested, did not have the optional summer tires. The stock Goodyear tires are ass.
I see, that makes total sense. The stock Firestone on plain Civic's are even worse.
So if I get better tires I could bring my 0-60 closer to 6.5 seconds, even without the KTuner. That sounds incredible.
Sponsored