• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2.0L Can I engine swap my car and if so what engines?

Riley H.

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback
I have a stock 2022 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (Sonic Grey Pearl) and I been trying to see if I can engine swap but there's no info on the 2022 hatchback. If I can then what engines can I swap with, and which one should I get if I'm aiming to add like 70+ horsepower.
Sponsored

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I have a stock 2022 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (Sonic Grey Pearl) and I been trying to see if I can engine swap but there's no info on the 2022 hatchback. If I can then what engines can I swap with, and which one should I get if I'm aiming to add like 70+ horsepower.

So you want 225hp? Why would you spend $15-$20k including labor to swap an engine when you are in Type R neighborhood cost wise at that point?

If you really want 70hp for a lower cost without sacrificing platform go with an si w bolt ons.

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Just trade up for an Si and get a conservative tune + dp

OP
OP

Riley H.

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback
So you want 225hp? Why would you spend $15-$20k including labor to swap an engine when you are in Type R neighborhood cost wise at that point?

If you really want 70hp for a lower cost without sacrificing platform go with an si w bolt ons.
I did math wrong in my head. Im actually aiming for 250hp (i was thinking that mine was 180, not 158)

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I did math wrong in my head. Im actually aiming for 250hp (i was thinking that mine was 180, not 158)
Don't bother with an engine swap. Trade in your car for an Si and do bolt ons or get the Elantra N or GTI.

Shrapnel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW 2024 Civic Type R #16838
Trade your car in, engine swapping can of course be done, but would be cost prohibitive for what you're after. No point.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeahhh this isn't like swapping a 20W lightbulb for a 100W lightbulb, and I agree with everyone's recommendations. You could look to trade for a Civic Si, or if you're married to having a hatchback, it may still be easier to find a new/used Integra. Either one gets you to 200hp.

Even if cost is no concern and you find another engine, a way to swap it, and an installer willing to do it, you're running more power through a transmission that isn't designed to handle it, with a suspension that isn't designed to handle it, on a frame that isn't designed to handle it, with brakes that aren't going to be adequate to fully/comfortably enjoy all that extra power.
Sponsored