• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Review of my mods so far - AEM CAI intake, muffler delete, Ktuner Flash V2

Dutchsher

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Honda Civic, 15 Audi Q5 TDI, 03 Honda CR-V
I thought I would share a few of the modifications that I have completed thus far on my sedan sport 2.0l and my experiences.

AEM Intake

I purchased a AEM CAI for a 10th gen. It all mated up well except the front bit. Since the front end is slightly farther forward vs. a 2021 It doesn't quote "seal" when the hood is closed. I don't believe it all sealed very well with the 10th gen anyway. It sounds VERY good especially when the VTEC comes in. Probably no gains, but the cool factor!

Muffler Delete

I had the muffler sawed off and replaced with straight pipe and utilized the original tip. Looks stock still. I am sure many will hate on this, but it actually sounds pretty damn good. I didn't have the resonator deleted so it's not as loud as it could be. There is absolutely no droning and it isn't crazy loud. Honestly, the engine noise from the intake overcomes the exhaust noise at certain RPMs.

Ktuner Flash V2

I just received my Ktuner today and flashed my ECU. The car was very unhappy during the process of being flashed. Virtually every warning light/message was displayed. However, most of that went away when it was done. I guess this is normal. The check engine light stuck around for a few start cycles, but went away. I am blown away though. It actually performed better than expected with the new tune. I can't wait to try it with 91 octane. Also, VTEC at 5300 RPMs is brilliant! We will see as I add some miles on how it does on the long term.
Sponsored

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Do you have any pictures of how the intake fits in the engine bay?
Sponsored