• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

EVS Tow Hooks Review

Tanabersx

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Supra MK5, 2021 Ram Rebel, Tesla X, BB FL5
So I purchased the EVS tow hooks from Evasive and while it is true you do not have to drill holes into the bumper 🧐🧐 you do have to cut a piece of the plastic bumper bar behind the bumper and trim the brake duct in order to fit the front bumper tow hook. Oh, and remove the headlight in order to get the long screws in. Other than that it is a real solid tow hook capable of doing its job.
11th Gen Honda Civic EVS Tow Hooks Review IMG_5895

11th Gen Honda Civic EVS Tow Hooks Review IMG_5896

For the rear tow hook. You are supposed to just remove the rear bumper tow hook cap and screw in the tow hook but in my opinion it is a pretty big piece and it looks like crap leaving all of that space uncovered. So I went ahead and purchased that plastic piece(picture of the part number below), measured and drilled the hole. You can always cut yours without buying one but it was cheap($20) and you can always unscrew the tow hook and put the cover back.
11th Gen Honda Civic EVS Tow Hooks Review IMG_5989

11th Gen Honda Civic EVS Tow Hooks Review IMG_5987

End result, they look really nice and are the real deal.
Sponsored

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
So I purchased the EVS tow hooks from Evasive and while it is true you do not have to drill holes into the bumper 🧐🧐 you do have to cut a piece of the plastic bumper bar behind the bumper and trim the brake duct in order to fit the front bumper tow hook. Oh, and remove the headlight in order to get the long screws in. Other than that it is a real solid tow hook capable of doing its job.
IMG_5895.png

IMG_5896.png

For the rear tow hook. You are supposed to just remove the rear bumper tow hook cap and screw in the tow hook but in my opinion it is a pretty big piece and it looks like crap leaving all of that space uncovered. So I went ahead and purchased that plastic piece(picture of the part number below), measured and drilled the hole. You can always cut yours without buying one but it was cheap($20) and you can always unscrew the tow hook and put the cover back.
IMG_5989.png

IMG_5987.png

End result, they look really nice and are the real deal.
I was interested in this tow hook, but may wait to see what others come up with. Do you feel as if it would present any kind of blocking effect to the air flow on the passenger side front brake?

OP
OP

Tanabersx

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was interested in this tow hook, but may wait to see what others come up with. Do you feel as if it would present any kind of blocking effect to the air flow on the passenger side front brake?
Looking at the area, I don't believe there are many options on to how and where mounting a tow hook. EVS did a pretty good job. As for the brake duct, the blockage is minimal, it would not do any real difference in brake cooling or performance.

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Looks great! Especially the rear with the drilled hole vs removing the plastic.

ItsMeNickG

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
I agree with your post. I put both of mine on last weekend. Pretty solid. I’ll take your advice and order another cap to drill since it does look a bit empty in the rear :) .

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912
Any fitment issues? I watched GridZilla's video on YouTube a while back and remember the fitment was really off. I've been holding off to make sure it's been corrected.

OP
OP

Tanabersx

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any fitment issues? I watched GridZilla's video on YouTube a while back and remember the fitment was really off. I've been holding off to make sure it's been corrected.
No fitment issues. Alignment was spot on.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Is there a downside to using a fabric strap rear tow an opposed to these metal tow hooks?

I’m wanting to use the fabric one that would roll up into the space in the rear when not being used. The cover would then keep it in place.

scuderia_miso

First Name
Teddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, FA5, AP2
I have the rear tow hook and there are fitment issues. The hook does not screw all the way in and there is binding between the sheet metal and the side of the shaft. This is not super obvious so I'm not surprised nobody has mentioned it yet. It might also just be specific to my car.

The rear tow hook is a copy paste of the FK8 and the design seems pretty lazy (it is literally the same part number). They definitely should have extended it out further beyond the plastic cover and the shaft should be smaller so it doesn't bind.

I ended up modifying the rear hook to adapt a Sparco tow strap to it. It's not done yet since I had to order a bolt and a new tow hook cover to hack up but you get the idea. You can see how close the shaft is to interfering with the sheet metal hole and this is after I ground down the OD by a few mm.
11th Gen Honda Civic EVS Tow Hooks Review IMG_1746

I also purchased the front EVS tow hook but decided not to install it since I was able to mount a Sparco tow strap to the front bumper beam with less cutting involved. I didn't snag any images of what it looks like underneath unfortunately. I can do that the next time the bumper comes off if folks are interested.
11th Gen Honda Civic EVS Tow Hooks Review IMG_1748
11th Gen Honda Civic EVS Tow Hooks Review IMG_1749

11th Gen Honda Civic EVS Tow Hooks Review IMG_1752

This might not be allowed (mods let me know) but I'm selling the front hook if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Please do share the front and rear strap setup. I’m interested.

ItsMeNickG

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
It didn’t seem like there were any fitment issues. If anyone needs to know how the cutting template lines up:

Before:
11th Gen Honda Civic EVS Tow Hooks Review photo feb 24 2024, 4 02 04 am

After:
11th Gen Honda Civic EVS Tow Hooks Review photo feb 24 2024, 6 37 39 am

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Did your FK8 have a tow hook? I noticed you have installed any on your FL5 despite you going to the track regularly. Is this a must have and does it matter if you do the rear or the front?

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Did your FK8 have a tow hook? I noticed you have installed any on your FL5 despite you going to the track regularly. Is this a must have and does it matter if you do the rear or the front?
It really does matter, and I think I'm going to wait on a different option for the front. I screw the tow hook into the rear when I go to the track. Yes, my FK8 had the EVS tuning tow hood on it, and it came in handy at the track once!

Last edited:

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
The simple solution is to use the stock tow hook that came with the car for the rear. But we all want a fancier one. 😂

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
I have the rear tow hook and there are fitment issues. The hook does not screw all the way in and there is binding between the sheet metal and the side of the shaft. This is not super obvious so I'm not surprised nobody has mentioned it yet. It might also just be specific to my car.

The rear tow hook is a copy paste of the FK8 and the design seems pretty lazy (it is literally the same part number). They definitely should have extended it out further beyond the plastic cover and the shaft should be smaller so it doesn't bind.

I ended up modifying the rear hook to adapt a Sparco tow strap to it. It's not done yet since I had to order a bolt and a new tow hook cover to hack up but you get the idea. You can see how close the shaft is to interfering with the sheet metal hole and this is after I ground down the OD by a few mm.
IMG_1746.jpg

I also purchased the front EVS tow hook but decided not to install it since I was able to mount a Sparco tow strap to the front bumper beam with less cutting involved. I didn't snag any images of what it looks like underneath unfortunately. I can do that the next time the bumper comes off if folks are interested.
IMG_1748.jpg
IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1752.jpg

This might not be allowed (mods let me know) but I'm selling the front hook if anyone is interested.
That looks nice but will it tear up the grill if you get pulled out of a bad situation with it?
Sponsored