• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

samster231

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 FL5, '19 Accord 2.0T MT, '17 Oddy
Both cars are great imo, I wish I could drive the DE5 for comparison, maybe one day I’ll meet someone with one.

My biggest issue with DE5 is the 6 or 7k extra price tag, but hey if money is no issue, probably worth it.

Just think it over though, trading in the DE5 won’t lose you much, but you’ll most likely lose the tax you paid and that’s not a small amount. and you’ll pay another tax on the FL5 so the government will def love you.
Agreed on this. They are both great. I have owned both and traded in my DE5 on my FL5. If you like one, you will like the other and IMO the differences are small enough to not matter given the limited number of cars Canada is going to see, just get one and enjoy.

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R-17606
If you are really set on the FL5 I would wait till max 2025 ... market conditions should be better anyway.. hopefully even for used ones by then... noticed over time went down from 70s to mid-high 60s ... otherwise if don't get one by 25 go for the DE5 you won't be disappointed and you are always welcome to be part of the crew ... it's actually more fun when there is a bit of diversity

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Sounds like bs, but hopefully they don’t try to screw you. Good luck and this is also good sign for many other people, that means there are def more cars in that shipment, so more people will be getting a call.

Reasonable price is MSRP, and hopefully no forced addons.

Last edited:

Pancake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Corolla
Hay guys, I just got a call today from my dealer in BC for my grey fl5 allocation coming at the end of next month. However, he was not able to give me the total price for the vehicle due to lack of info from the Honda side. Do any of you guys experienced this? Do you know what's the reasonable price for it out of the door? I am also wondering if there's anything I need to watch out for when I made the purchase?

Thanks for your help!!!
Congrats! Which dealer?

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
What’s up everyone? Just an update I received from our FL5 Group, 2-4 FL5 just landed in lower mainland BC. Hopefully some of you guys will be the lucky owner. Good luck! 🤙🏿

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any idea which dealers?
Chat is already buried so can’t recheck but from what I remember Vancouver Honda has one. But as per the chat each of them already had an owner waiting to be picked up. “But” might still be open for trade-ins.

frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fit, 2024 Integra Type S, 2004 S2000
I had confidence in my dealer, but the GM was replaced by another guy. Also, sales man that I had worked with is retired now. Each time I want to talk to the GM now, it takes about month so I can grab a hold on him.

So not sure if I will ever be called for this car...

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
What ever happened with your dealership?
Welp...

I had to take break from the forums for a bit, the whole situation was beyond frustrating and was pretty much willing to throw the towel in. So my dealership (I won't say until I get stuff sorted out on my end) apparently lost my deposit. They can't give me a reason as to how it happen, but the assumption from staff and sales is because they went through some management changes and a rename of the dealership. Not my problem right? Well, because they lost my deposit, they asked that I recall my deposit from home which I did. Took a weekend to take a breath and had to call them again because they didn't get back to me. A family member (who recommended the dealership) got involved and was on the managers ass about it. Long story short, I've apparently lost my spot and now I'm currently 10th on the list. I'm beyond disappointed, especially since I waited almost 2 years for the car and bought stuff in anticipation for it. I passed over 4 ITS in that time.

At this point it's pretty much ITS (fortunately the parts I bought will install perfectly in there) but I've given myself a window to try to get a CTR, even if it means I have to pay a little extra to get one. Not the ideal situation but it is what it is. There's still ongoing talks with management at the dealership, but I've left it with my family member deal with it.

Anyway, I've been behind on my record keeping for CTR posted on the auto sales sites, and have some I'll throw up in my next post. Assume they've been spoken for though.

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welp...

I had to take break from the forums for a bit, the whole situation was beyond frustrating and was pretty much willing to throw the towel in. So my dealership (I won't say until I get stuff sorted out on my end) apparently lost my deposit. They can't give me a reason as to how it happen, but the assumption from staff and sales is because they went through some management changes and a rename of the dealership. Not my problem right? Well, because they lost my deposit, they asked that I recall my deposit from home which I did. Took a weekend to take a breath and had to call them again because they didn't get back to me. A family member (who recommended the dealership) got involved and was on the managers ass about it. Long story short, I've apparently lost my spot and now I'm currently 10th on the list. I'm beyond disappointed, especially since I waited almost 2 years for the car and bought stuff in anticipation for it. I passed over 4 ITS in that time.

At this point it's pretty much ITS (fortunately the parts I bought will install perfectly in there) but I've given myself a window to try to get a CTR, even if it means I have to pay a little extra to get one. Not the ideal situation but it is what it is. There's still ongoing talks with management at the dealership, but I've left it with my family member deal with it.

Anyway, I've been behind on my record keeping for CTR posted on the auto sales sites, and have some I'll throw up in my next post. Assume they've been spoken for though.
Sorry to hear about that man! Still rooting for you to hopefully snag FL5 from fallout deals. 🙏🏿

As I’ve mentioned days ago, fresh batches of FL5s have arrived in Vancouver, and Vancouver Islands. More posts from autotrader incoming for sure. Keep an 👀. Again, good luck everyone!
Sponsored