• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
Man I had already bought a set of rims and winter tires in aniticipation for an earlier arrival haha. But yeah it'd be even better for the car to arrive in spring.

How is your FL5 process coming along??
Ohhh you plannin to daily it even in Winter? I like it! Lol

Last time I had an update was way back October if I’m not mistaken (they just guaranteed I’m still 2 in the list). Then I was ghosted afterwards even after I have a DP, Bill of Sale and #2 in the list. Lol
Sponsored

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
Ohhh you plannin to daily it even in Winter? I like it! Lol

Last time I had an update was way back October if I’m not mistaken (they just guaranteed I’m still 2 in the list). Then I was ghosted afterwards even after I have a DP, Bill of Sale and #2 in the list. Lol
Yepyep, daily is every day haha and it'll probably be more fun than my family's CRV
I'll probably end up buying a seperate set of tires and rims for track use anyway

Damn, yeah seems like that's the case across the board here... Atleast ur second tho and have ur paperwork!

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Hopefully we start hearing more in March/Apple time frame. That's the time I was given from two separate dealerships about arrival window.

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
man I just saw a gr corolla in the wild, and i still haven't seen an FL5 on the road yet, how crazy is that considering the grc is more limited on paper...this FL5 fiasco is the biggest blue balls ever

still no updates and I hope these dealerships honor msrp and not jump on the wagon with these few dealers out west, i was given complete pricing breakdown a few back including accessories and i am happy with it but because no vin nothing is signed

me personally i wouldnt take an abused FL5 even with 800kms not to mention the price

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
me personally i wouldnt take an abused FL5 even with 800kms not to mention the price
I'll only take a used CTR if its priced a decent chunk below MSRP. Otherwise hell no. Not worth the risk of the previous owner having abused it AND paying over MSRP for it lol. Hopefully resellers/dealers are realizing that CTR buyers aren't willing to pay a premium for someone else's sloppy seconds.

I've been keeping an eye on used FK8's in my area with all the rumours of the used car market coming down. Prices have started dropping but only $1-2k from where they were 2-3 months ago so not nearly enough. Drop another $3-5k and I might be shopping for a lightly used FK8 instead.

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
It's crazy that Toyota is somehow pumping out GR Corollas when they've got ridiculous wait times for everything else, wait times for the rest of their inventory have been 6 months to a year for the past year. Its probably the same for all dealers, but Toyotas lots seem the emptiest.

Agreed on the used car market, I have no problem paying for a used car as long as it comes in below its relative MSRP, but damn, FK8s with 50k+ kms are still listing at well over their original msrp.

Also, as a matter of personal preference, I still dont think I can put that much money down and live with the looks of the FK8 knowing that the FL5 exists. I think the mugen kit helps the FK8s looks but only marginally.

Last edited:

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
Yepyep, daily is every day haha and it'll probably be more fun than my family's CRV
I'll probably end up buying a seperate set of tires and rims for track use anyway

Damn, yeah seems like that's the case across the board here... Atleast ur second tho and have ur paperwork!
Can’t wait to see your progress build bro! That would be sick. 👌🏿

But like what you said, dealerships right now are kinda shady and hard to trust with. Hopefully they honor the paper and the list. Good luck to us all. Waiting game continues 😂

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
It's crazy that Toyota is somehow pumping out GR Corollas when they've got ridiculous wait times for everything else, wait times for the rest of their inventory have been 6 months to a year for the past year. Its probably the same for all dealers, but Toyotas lots seem the emptiest.

Agreed on the used car market, I have no problem paying for a used car as long as it comes in below its relative MSRP, but damn, FK8s with 50k+ kms are still listing at well over their original msrp.

Also, as a matter of personal preference, I still dont think I can put that much money down and live with the looks of the FK8 knowing that the FL5 exists. I think the mugen kit helps the FK8s looks but only marginally.
Agreed, I'll only go for a FK8 if its in black, maaaybe in SGP. But again, it really needs to undercut its MSRP of the time by a decent margin. Otherwise the FL5 is an absolute no brainer decision considering it looks better, would have no prior owner and overall updated package.

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Apparently the T&T Type R sold at around 80+tax... It was white so I guess that makes it a bit more desirable...
Wow, what a complete moron. One off moron's like this is what gives these dealers the encouragement to play these games.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
I'll only take a used CTR if its priced a decent chunk below MSRP. Otherwise hell no. Not worth the risk of the previous owner having abused it AND paying over MSRP for it lol. Hopefully resellers/dealers are realizing that CTR buyers aren't willing to pay a premium for someone else's sloppy seconds.

I've been keeping an eye on used FK8's in my area with all the rumours of the used car market coming down. Prices have started dropping but only $1-2k from where they were 2-3 months ago so not nearly enough. Drop another $3-5k and I might be shopping for a lightly used FK8 instead.
So you don’t want to pay over MSRP for someone’s sloppy seconds FL5 with 800km on it but your willing to pay like 5k-10k over MSRP on someone else sloppy seconds or thirds FK8 with like 20000km on it?

The closest one I found on Autotrader at original MSRP price. 9x,xxxKm!

Saw this 2019 Honda Civic Type R on AutoTrader's iPad app
http://www.autotrader.ca/go/5-54775407

Here is what I’d consider slightly a used one with 11000+km on it For $60000.

Saw this 2021 Honda Civic Type R on AutoTrader's iPad app
http://www.autotrader.ca/go/5-53657708

These cars were a MSRP in the mid 40’s. They are not cheap either.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
So you don’t want to pay over MSRP for someone’s sloppy seconds FL5 with 800km on it but your willing to pay like 5k-10k over MSRP on someone else sloppy seconds or thirds FK8 with like 20000km on it?

The closest one I found on Autotrader at original MSRP price. 9x,xxxKm!

Saw this 2019 Honda Civic Type R on AutoTrader's iPad app
http://www.autotrader.ca/go/5-54775407

Here is what I’d consider slightly a used one with 11000+km on it For $60000.

Saw this 2021 Honda Civic Type R on AutoTrader's iPad app
http://www.autotrader.ca/go/5-53657708

These cars were a MSRP in the mid 40’s. They are not cheap either.
Yes, I'd rather someone who maintained and drove it normally for 10k km per year than someone who beat on it for 800km and tried to flip it for $20-30k.

For the record I said the prices are still inflated. Here's a 2019 FK8 at 38k km for $46,700
2019 MSRP : $41,690 CAD
inflation from 2019 to 2022 : $46,794 CAD

So yeah, right now its priced exactly what a new one cost in 2019. Bring that down by at least $3-5k and I might start considering it. What I'm willing to pay for a used FK8 is NOT 5-10k over MSRP, let alone 20-30k over MSRP like the FL5 that was mentioned earlier.

Never said any Type R was cheap.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Yes, I'd rather someone who maintained and drove it normally for 10k km per year than someone who beat on it for 800km and tried to flip it for $20-30k.

For the record I said the prices are still inflated. Here's a 2019 FK8 at 38k km for $46,700
2019 MSRP : $41,690 CAD
inflation from 2019 to 2022 : $46,794 CAD

So yeah, right now its priced exactly what a new one cost in 2019. Bring that down by at least $3-5k and I might start considering it. What I'm willing to pay for a used FK8 is NOT 5-10k over MSRP, let alone 20-30k over MSRP like the FL5 that was mentioned earlier.

Never said any Type R was cheap.
First of all you don’t know that they have been beat on. And I can assure you that any Type R you buy has been beat on especially one with 38000km on it.

Secondly, if you’re getting a 2019 refreshed Type R for $41690 the only thing going through my mind is how big was the claim? Not to mention that most these cars have had a crap load of mods thrown at them.

Hell, I test drove a FK8 this summer with 38000k on it. There was one claim on it, it stunk inside like rotten fish and they told me the car had never been modded, yet when I open the glove box the installation guide for the Injen intake was there. They were offering it to me for $46000 because I was a repeat customer!

We should also probably define your definition of slightly used. personally I wouldn’t buy any performance car with over 20000k on them.

Lastly I’m definitely not trying to be combative with you at all, hopefully I’m not coming off they way. I just simply can’t agree with the fact that a brand new car with 800km on it is beat on and a 2019 with 40000 km is slightly used.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
First of all you don’t know that they have been beat on. And I can assure you that any Type R you buy has been beat on especially one with 38000km on it.

Secondly, if you’re getting a 2019 refreshed Type R for $41690 the only thing going through my mind is how big was the claim? Not to mention that most these cars have had a crap load of mods thrown at them.

Hell, I test drove a FK8 this summer with 38000k on it. There was one claim on it, it stunk inside like rotten fish and they told me the car had never been modded, yet when I open the glove box the installation guide for the Injen intake was there. They were offering it to me for $46000 because I was a repeat customer!

We should also probably define your definition of slightly used. personally I wouldn’t buy any performance car with over 20000k on them.

Lastly I’m definitely not trying to be combative with you at all, hopefully I’m not coming off they way. I just simply can’t agree with the fact that a brand new car with 800km on it is beat on and a 2019 with 40000 km is slightly used.
I agree that mods is always something to verify. The one I linked is a Honda certified pre-owned, not fail safe of course but a good indicator that its been taken care of. Our definition of slightly used definitely differs and that's okay. I always consider the age vs mileage to determine if its been lightly used. The average Canadian drives 15-20k km per year so I consider any number around 10k and less per year to mean they likely weren't driving it as a daily or they WFH.

My main concern with someone who puts up an FL5 with 800km for sale is their intention was likely always to flip the car. There's nothing stopping them from hooning on it with no regard for those 800km since they're selling it to the next person before the extra abuse becomes evident with time.

Someone who drove it for 10k km every year for 3 years is more likely to have taken care of it from the beginning knowing they'd be driving it for quite a while yet. Never any guarantee for any of this of course.

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
True story: There was a 2019 Type R in Stouffville, ON. Grey with 100km and a $7,000 claim. Asking price $49,000.

I was curious and asked the dealer. They said its in the show room come see. Can I test drive? No. Can I alteast start the engine? No.

What lol. Used sports car with a decent claim and I can't even drive it or start it. These dealers thinking they holding onto Ferraris. That's when I knew, I had to go new.
Sponsored

Last edited: