• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
😍⚪that's amazing you were able to choose and get it..
hopefully you get it in this first batch 🤞
Sponsored

DeSanke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Time for new one
I received an email from my primary dealer's GSM about an order for the Type R has been placed with Honda Canada.

"Please note that an official order for the 2023 Honda Civic Type R has been placed with Honda Canada in your name.​
If you have any questions about this pending order please contact your Product Advisor.​
Thank you for your interest in this amazing new Honda product!"​

Could this be their 'portal' where they register the information with Honda website?

Update 1:
I forwarded the email to my sales person and this was his response now (dealer is closed Sundays):

"I received a CC of the email and it looks like your name is not just sitting on a waiting list and it has now been put on an actual Type R vehicle order. I will confirm tomorrow morning.​
This is great news!"​

We'll see what he can find out tomorrow and i'll post an update.
Exciting! What place in line, if any, were you at the dealership?

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
I received an email from my primary dealer's GSM about an order for the Type R has been placed with Honda Canada.

"Please note that an official order for the 2023 Honda Civic Type R has been placed with Honda Canada in your name.​
If you have any questions about this pending order please contact your Product Advisor.​
Thank you for your interest in this amazing new Honda product!"​

Could this be their 'portal' where they register the information with Honda website?

Update 1:
I forwarded the email to my sales person and this was his response now (dealer is closed Sundays):

"I received a CC of the email and it looks like your name is not just sitting on a waiting list and it has now been put on an actual Type R vehicle order. I will confirm tomorrow morning.​
This is great news!"​

We'll see what he can find out tomorrow and i'll post an update.
congrats !

notthatlargo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Hey everyone, I am happy to report that I signed all the paperwork yesterday for a Champ white FL5. I was first in line with my dealer (west GTA), and had a deposit down since March. I was also told that now that I signed a firm deal they were officially ordering the car from Honda corporate. They said the cars were “at the depot” somewhere in country (I assume this means Vancouver port) and ready for distribution. I didn’t get a precise ETA, but sounds like sometime in next few weeks it will show up. I feel very lucky and I am sorry for those that have struggled or gotten hosed by their dealers. Will post updates when I have them.

CTR604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No cars
Exciting! What place in line, if any, were you at the dealership?
I just received the email while I'm at home. Dealership is closed on Sundays. I was surprised I received an email from the General Sales Manager.

I am number 1 on their waiting list.; when I reached out to them back in April, they said they were only going to take 2 names + deposits and no more. At that time nobody was on the list.

I talked to my sales rep yesterday and he said a lot of customers were emailing and calling them recently, but the dealership told them they are "sold out". They didn't want to take deposits and then return them back to the customer if they didn't receive the cars. I wonder if this works better than just taking a list of names and deposits of 20+ people long? Yesterday, the sales associate mentioned still no information, but I guess its slowly moving along?

Still no deal or agreement at the moment compared to other members.

Last edited:

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
congrats guys! super exciting, hope in the end others get something one way or another, share some proud owner moment pics when you can

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
maybe all the Canadian members on this forum can organize a car meet with all people who got their FL5s and all those who didn't. Would be a great experience for everyone!
ya, i think next summer there would be a decent number of owners.

I will come by and admire the cars up close, might be my first time to see them in person given how few we are getting.

Terkoiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (CVT)
From the #TORONTOCARSPOTTING group on Facebook--third time this past week since the launch! Seems to be one of the first ones on the road here in Canada, but I think it's just a press/media car of sorts as the first time it was spotted was just outside the Honda Canada office in Markham (same plates).

Very cool, though! Hope to see one of these in-person soon.

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want 1667220255866

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want 1667220271983

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want 1667220284517

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want 1667220292671

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Shrug, don't stress man, if it happens it happens if not don't lose sleep over it. 99% of the situation is out of our control.
LoL!

I don’t mean this in a negative way at all but this has to be the most positive post ive seen from you since I’ve joined!😂

I hear you on the it’s out of control part but my brain is still struggling to compute the fact that I can’t just walk into a dealership and buy what I want. Never in my life have I had issues getting a vehicle in the colour and spec I wanted and hear I am sweating bullets over a Honda Civic.

Last edited:

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
From the #TORONTOCARSPOTTING group on Facebook--third time this past week since the launch! Seems to be one of the first ones on the road here in Canada, but I think it's just a press/media car of sorts as the first time it was spotted was just outside the Honda Canada office in Markham (same plates).

Very cool, though! Hope to see one of these in-person soon.

1667220255866.png

1667220271983.png

1667220284517.png

1667220292671.png
Elgin Mills? I'll have to take a drive up there this week!

Terkoiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (CVT)
Elgin Mills? I'll have to take a drive up there this week!
So it was spotted outside of the Honda Canada office last week just after the official release. I drove over on Friday evening to see if it was still there but to no avail 😂

Masmackles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
So I've called pretty much every dealer in Ontario.

Some dealers have zero clue what's going on. Other dealers are stating "Honda online" which requires a deposit and a lottery system.

I'm not sure if they quite have all the info yet tbh. Lots of upset sales people at lack of cars/info.

I did learn any dealer in Niagara falls won't sell you one unless you live down there.

Big gz to anyone who got one. We're talking less than 100 for 2023 easily in Ontario.