• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
I've officially asked for all deposits back. I'm done with this BS. Next up GRC, Type S or G80/G87 whatever comes first will be my last ICE manual car haha.

Just wanted to say GL to everyone here, thanks for putting up with my shit. To anyone I may have offered, didn't intend any of it and no hard feelings. I wish you all the best!
I hope you come visit once and a while
Sponsored

Use20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
PXL_20221111_191031203.jpg

PXL_20221111_211407448.jpg

PXL_20221111_191713348.MP.jpg

PXL_20221111_191807254.jpg

Took #46 home this afternoon.
Was #2 on list, with potential delivery of late next summer but #1 backed away so I got the very unexpected call this week to see if I wanted to grab it. Wasn't my first choice for color but once seeing it in person there was no way I wasn't taking it.

MSRP, only extras were of my choosing.

I know everyone's dealership experience will be different but I was very fortunate to have an incredibly open and honest experience right from the get-go last summer when I bought my '22 Civic hatchback and put my deposit down for the Type R. Thank you Kanata Honda.

A couple of the service techs asked to get the group shot of the 3 Type Rs. Pretty cool!
Why is the 1st guy back off? Not the color he is looking for?

Rumble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R

Was #2 on list, with potential delivery of late next summer but #1 backed away so I got the very unexpected call this week to see if I wanted to grab it. Wasn't my first choice for color but once seeing it in person there was no way I wasn't taking it.

I know everyone's dealership experience will be different but I was very fortunate to have an incredibly open and honest experience right from the get-go last summer when I bought my '22 Civic hatchback and put my deposit down for the Type R. Thank you Kanata Honda.

A couple of the service techs asked to get the group shot of the 3 Type Rs. Pretty cool!
Just curious how much in extras worth were you forced to buy?

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
I just got back from my dealer in Alberta. My cars arrived and it looks awesome. It still needs to be PDI'd and have PPF installed and stuff. But I'm pumped about it! The seats are amazing to sit in. Im very lucky and the dealer wasn't even able to choose their color so I'm lucky getting CW. I paid 57k out the door. The dealer was super good to me. I can't share what dealer however because they have been getting bombed with requests for this car lol.

20221111_110441.jpg

20221111_110327.jpg
congrats! good to see some positivity, honest dealerships, good experience, no one screwing any one over, not forcing you to buy add ons ... happy for you enjoy it

congrats, glad it worked out, half of us on here were banking on the situation that transpired for you... guess it is not a fairy tale after all to get bumped up to#1, again, good to see some positivity and honest dealerships ..btw what was your first pic color that you wanted ?

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
They want me to pay for a dealer fee + 7 extended warranty + rust proofing. I told them I don't want those and am trying to see what other options I can get instead. I'll go in tomorrow and see what can be changed.
keep us posted on what they say some of us may be faced with similar bargain where you want different accessories than they are making you get

I've officially asked for all deposits back. I'm done with this BS. Next up GRC, Type S or G80/G87 whatever comes first will be my last ICE manual car haha.

Just wanted to say GL to everyone here, thanks for putting up with my shit. To anyone I may have offended, didn't intend any of it and no hard feelings. I wish you all the best!
really sorry to hear that it didn't work out, those are all good options too type s seems to be happening a few more event spy shots were circulating online, looks like it will have all 3 big tips unlike the type r with odd numbers of big tips .. but yeah please don't hate the fl5'ers 😅 i guess your username should be road rage not roid rage 🤣 j/k

FL5 4WIN

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW Civic Type R, 2014 Track FRS
congrats! good to see some positivity, honest dealerships, good experience, no one screwing any one over, not forcing you to buy add ons ... happy for you enjoy it

congrats, glad it worked out, half of us on here were banking on the situation that transpired for you... guess it is not a fairy tale after all to get bumped up to#1, again, good to see some positivity and honest dealerships ..btw what was your first pic color that you wanted ?
Really like the way the car's curves show up in the gray and that was my first choice but the white is a close seconded.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Looks like Wheaton Honda in Edmonton and Meidel Honda in Sask are up to the same thing. Posted ads for their cars which I am more than sure have a long list of people waiting but they would rather see who is willing to bid more.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Looks like Wheaton Honda in Edmonton and Meidel Honda in Sask are up to the same thing. Posted ads for their cars which I am more than sure have a long list of people waiting but they would rather see who is willing to bid more.
This is not a good sign of things....