• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

kopite44

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic Si
Red looks so nice. If I don’t end up getting a good price I may wait for a red.
The red looks stunning in person. It's a darker shade of red. There are a lot of black accents (door sills/window trims/diffuser/vents/etc) so it's a mix of black and red. The tail lights also have this smoked out effect that works really well. The one at Toronto Honda had tinted windows which I think are a must. I've owned two red cars in my life, and I would gladly make this my third one!

Check out all the black accents from this angle:
11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want Type R
Sponsored

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
🤤

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Read a few more people have or receiving theirs next week - Hamilton and Waterloo! Doesn’t look like they’re forums members

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R

Is this the Formula Honda Type R? $70,000 CAD, wth, how?
i am worried, dealers now catch wind of this and effectively find ourselves in a markup situation, specially the ones that are not discussing pricing....i mean what did they get for 70k, if we say bare minimum msrp plus taxes pdi and fees workout to around 58k, what does 12k get them

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
The red looks stunning in person. It's a darker shade of red. There are a lot of black accents (door sills/window trims/diffuser/vents/etc) so it's a mix of black and red. The tail lights also have this smoked out effect that works really well. The one at Toronto Honda had tinted windows which I think are a must. I've owned two red cars in my life, and I would gladly make this my third one!

Type R.jpg

Ralleye red is dark until the sunlight hits it and it just POPS out at you - its a brilliant color.

notthatlargo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Read a few more people have or receiving theirs next week - Hamilton and Waterloo! Doesn’t look like they’re forums members
I am also allegedly getting mine (Champ White) this week from a Hamilton dealer, but still not 100% confirmed - could be next week? I am anxiously awaiting the call...

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
i am worried, dealers now catch wind of this and effectively find ourselves in a markup situation, specially the ones that are not discussing pricing....i mean what did they get for 70k, if we say bare minimum msrp plus taxes pdi and fees workout to around 58k, what does 12k get them
I'm going to remain optimistic, it seems most of the delivered cars in Canada so far have been at MSRP if not with a few "mandatory" add-ons which you can negotiate on. That one from BC is a complete mystery as to why it was 70K. There were no visible upgrades and just a wrap put on the car.

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently

Type R.jpg
I’m not a red car guy, but damn I would make an exception for this. I usually do prefer the darker reds over brighter ones (Soul Red, Carmine Red, King’s Red).

N4nn3r

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 ITS
I was just there. The car wasn't there, I drove around the whole facility :(
Same, got caught by security lol told me to leave after smirking when I mentioned type r. A buddy mentioned there is a car in the visitor centre front foyer. Maybe that’s another one? Also champ white with the plates taken off.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
That's the one I saw last week Tuesday I think, it did have a plate on it. I went late night lol

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want 1668401761998

fchanovski

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3

Something to watch while waiting for new updates and news. 😀
I'm already on an emotional rollercoaster, of feeling I want the car, but I need to be patient, and that its not the end of the world if I don't get it. AND THEN BOOM, new videos come out...

I need help. 😂