• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

Anthonyfa18

First Name
Anthony Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda’s
I am so confused right now, dealers have place order for cars but have no eta on them at all
Sponsored

KeNiHx

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Apparently the T&T Type R sold at around 80+tax... It was white so I guess that makes it a bit more desirable...
Called T&T Honda and was told OTD price for the 2023 Type R (that was sold) was ~61k + accessories

DeSanke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Time for new one
Called T&T Honda and was told OTD price for the 2023 Type R (that was sold) was ~61k + accessories
Quite sure T&T and a double-digit deposit waitlist; did this go to the first in line, or to highest bidder?

KeNiHx

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Quite sure T&T and a double-digit deposit waitlist; did this go to the first in line, or to the highest bidder?
I don't think it went to the highest bidder (I could be wrong). I think this went to the first in line, from what the salesperson told me it's based on whatever color the dealership gets, and then the dealership goes down their deposit waitlist.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Heads up, the Spring wave might be trickling in.
Got a call from my dealer in GTA. Car arrived yesterday! I've asked them not to display it in the showroom, going to check it out in person tomorrow. CW in color.
Awesome, congrats! May I ask which dealership?

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
i was just thinking about following up with mine, haven't heard anything either

originally was told Feb then it became we should expect to hear something by Feb, to be fair was told earlier on that deliveries are sporadic

Anthonyfa18

First Name
Anthony Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda’s
Here is update on my situation,

this week I got a call from a buddy who work at honda dealer, he advised me there is a championship white fl5 that is available for delivery at a dealer up Noth of Mtl, he gave me the contact to the sale man and I made the call, after discussing with the salesman he tell me the car is 65k+tax, i’m like how do you justify 15k markup, apparently the car has a complete warp (pps) at a value of 12k 🤣 and can not be removed, it’s also head winter mats, window tint, oem window visor and oem car cover, I said, thank you very much for the offer, but I will take my risk waiting for my car at my other dealer where I have my deposit I refuse to spend a markup like this, other buyers, beware dealers doing this it’s not right, if the dealer wants to put accessories on the car, it should be the accessories. The customer wants.

later in the day, I contacted my salesman at the dealership where I have my deposit where I’m sitting number 6 on the list, I advised him what happened to me and he said that is totally unfair and unrealistic, he says he has no update on the situation of the cars only knows if that as it stands now they’re allocated 4 cars in next 3 years with no date and 2 of the 4 are confirmed to be championship white. he does not know if they will get more allocation as well, I have a meeting with him next week. We’ll see what happens but it’s not looking good. I really think on the honda Canada should give people with deposits a little bit more information. Also, they should allow us to order our cars once the deposit is placed, I’m willing to put more money in.

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
just spoke to my dealer still no updates, even though they said they would get more info by Feb and originally anticipated shipment between March-June

he did mention his regional sales manager is going into a meeting with corp. honda so if he gets more info, he will relay that to me and i will provide an update here if there is a significant one

Anthonyfa18

First Name
Anthony Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda’s
just spoke to my dealer still no updates, even though they said they would get more info by Feb and originally anticipated shipment between March-June

he did mention his regional sales manager is going into a meeting with corp. honda so if he gets more info, he will relay that to me and i will provide an update here if there is a significant one
I also had a good meeting with my salesmen last night as I drop off my Ridgeline off for a recall, he showed me the list of people infront of me and he advised me as it stand now there is only 4 for the next 3 years, he and his sale Manger are trying to get info out of honda and nothing is comming back to them, they are also upset that back with the fk8 they were selling between 8 to 12 a year. Honda Canada need to bring more cars to Canada.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Nice! Were you the first there as far as you know? I was told they're getting 5 cars over the next few years.
Sponsored