• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
UPDATE: MSRP + 20k worth of BS Dealership Add-ons for the FL5 OTD. And I’ll be next.

Looks like I’m not gonna be an FL5 owner. As much as I love the FL5 I think the price is just too much for me. If my time comes and I got the same offer as his, I will try to give you guys my spot.

I might take @Kyofu ‘s path and look for either GR86 or the GT86 (which I prefer more). Or even Supra MT with that price.
Holy moly thats insane. Really hope that kind of bullshit doesn't happen when my name finally comes up :(

Speaking of paying more though, I wonder what the price increase will be for the 2024 model year FL5.
Sponsored

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
Actually its close to 15K BS Warranties, and the remaining are PDIs etc. Not even a single CF or even alcantara shift boot. LOL

I will wait till my time comes but if the deal doesn’t fall through. I might settle with FK8. Just can’t see myself donating 20K to a dealership.

I really tried my best to like the DE5 but I just cant deal with the fenders not being molded like the FL5. It’ll be FK8 or GT86 for me I guess. Last chance is the no.6 in the list in West Van bro.
ahh fair enough I gotta agree I dont understand why they did the fenders like that.
hopefully the west van one will come through for you!!

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Holy moly thats insane. Really hope that kind of bullshit doesn't happen when my name finally comes up :(

Speaking of paying more though, I wonder what the price increase will be for the 2024 model year FL5.
if i had to guess it's going to be anywhere between 1-3k on top

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R

I’m wishing you luck! 🙏🏿

ahh fair enough I gotta agree I dont understand why they did the fenders like that.
hopefully the west van one will come through for you!!
Yup! Anyways, from what I was told, the next one should arrive in 1 - 2 months (which I’m not sure if it’ll be 24 MY) That should give me time to practice my negotiation and haggling skills. But I’m not gonna expect any from this deal. Lol

🙏🏿 thanks! hoping you guys won’t have to deal with this type of dealership too.

fchanovski

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Yes I do have BOS, but unfortunately it states there that price is TBD which I tried for them to remove lol.

Yeah and 20K without even a single CF or Alcantara option in there.

I need atleast a 4 seater too. But if I’m gonna spend a 70K, it should be atleast a MT Supra.
Dang now I worry about mine if it ever shows up lol

Mine had TBD + 3k protection written on it. In hindsight I should have asked them to write down MSRP....

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
Thats sad to hear about dealers taking advantage to that extent. For the select few who have received theirs what extras were you charged for if any?

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I thought Canada was MSRP only by law?! What happened to that?

N4nn3r

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 ITS
Technically it is MSRP but they gouge you on the add ons and if you don’t want it, they can refuse to sell it to you lol they know there’s someone will buy it

Use20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Not sure who talk this BS lol
Canada is worse than the states 😂
The states are msrp + 5-10k max
Canada is msrp + 20k😎

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
Canada is msrp + 20k😎
Yeah totally, on top of the fact that our dollar is worthless and our taxes are higher, I would happily pay that, $5k - $10k if it secured me an FL5 off the showroom floor.

I wish we had the same problem the US had with cars just sitting cause no one wants to pay the ADM LMAO.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Some of you might not have been here during the launch of the FL5 but the Canadians raved about how MSRP was law and the US system was unfair and broken. Now the tone has shifted due to the dealers up there playing games too. Most likely due to the extremely low volume of cars the Canadian market is getting.

So they're still doing ADM - it's just a different way of saying the same thing...

shanki0223

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R / 2021 Toyota Supra
LOL Yup, I worked at one of the "high profitable" dealerships in lower mainland and my customers came in and said the same thing about MSRP all the time. That's right, dealerships don't change MSRP but there will be $4999 admin fee, $2995 delivery and detailing charge, $3499 for your paint protection and $2000 worth of accessories, finance or lease only (with $1000 finance charge) and btw trade-in is required... has to be within 3 years old high demand vehicle and we are guarantee to low ball the shit out you. Don't want to buy it? That's fine, just wait for something becomes available one day.

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Thats sad to hear about dealers taking advantage to that extent. For the select few who have received theirs what extras were you charged for if any?
that's a good question, i think someone posted their BoS when they got theirs one of the very first few and it was all msrp... but perhaps back then they didn't know what they had and then the car blew up all around the world and now dealers are taking notice and doing these loopholes to markup

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Canada is msrp + 20k😎
Some of you might not have been here during the launch of the FL5 but the Canadians raved about how MSRP was law and the US system was unfair and broken. Now the tone has shifted due to the dealers up there playing games too. Most likely due to the extremely low volume of cars the Canadian market is getting.

So they're still doing ADM - it's just a different way of saying the same thing...
LOL Yup, I worked at one of the "high profitable" dealerships in lower mainland and my customers came in and said the same thing about MSRP all the time. That's right, dealerships don't change MSRP but there will be $4999 admin fee, $2995 delivery and detailing charge, $3499 for your paint protection and $2000 worth of accessories, finance or lease only (with $1000 finance charge) and btw trade-in is required... has to be within 3 years old high demand vehicle and we are guarantee to low ball the shit out you. Don't want to buy it? That's fine, just wait for something becomes available one day.

this wasn't always the case for the longest time we were always negotiating deals on price to offset cost of borrowing because dealers made more financing... and on top of that negotiating FREE add ons

i got oem dealer installed auto starter, tints and door sills all for free when i got my 15 accord at 0.9%, those days are gone i guess 😢

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Canada is msrp + 20k😎
This is not accurate. It is difficult to find an FL5 in the US under $10k markup. It is more like $5-$10k MINIMUM. Maximum markup can be as high as $25k.

Per the US tracker website (Motoring Obsession), the MEDIAN markup in the US is $15k.

That being said, one advantage the US has is way more stock - that is not disputable. So I would still rather be here :p It does still take a lot of work to find a reasonably priced FL5 in the US though.
Sponsored