• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Yeah. That’s why I’m gonna negotiate with them once the car comes. Thanks for sharing yours btw!

I’m from BC, but the dealer is in AB (Another problem I’ll try to solve once I seal the deal 😅). He can’t give a definite answer but they are just expecting 1 or 2 more then thats it for their allocation unfortunately.

Meanwhile: LE FK8 spotted while renewing my license in Burnaby, BC.
Really pops out with the Phoenix Yellow and Carbon Fiber add-ons 🔥
IMG_2522.jpeg
I like Phoenix Yellow. I wouldn't buy it myself but I do like looking at it. There's a guy driving around my area with a wrapped FK in phoenix yellow. Hope they do one for the FL5, it will for sure look even better.
Sponsored

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
@Raizzelle @POPNTEC

Curious what your approach would be I've been running through scenarios myself and my thought process is that, any push back, and they can just find another buyer.
I feel like it wouldn't be very hard for them to say no since there's probably a line out the door waiting for these things.

I pretty much feel like I'm pigeon held to whatever the hell they want to throw at me. Obviously it doesn't hurt to push back or walk away entirely, but damn, would've wasted so much time waiting, it's depressing LOL.

@onepointsix @Sazabi @RazgrizOne
I might be able to make next Weds, supposed to be in the Sherway Gardens area for a work dinner, if it's anywhere near there LMAO.
I had no choice. They called me and said the car is ready to pick up, here’s what we put on and here’s the price. Do you want it or not?

Like I said, I should have forced them to ceramic coat the wheels because of there take it or leave it shenanigans.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
IMG_0495.jpeg
Meanwhile I flew all the way to Japan to see it

But good thing was the ITS was next to it so I could compare them side by side. No vrooms though.
IMG_0499.jpeg
Nice! I wanted to go this year but not a good year to go. Hopefully next year. Going to Spoon?

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
I like Phoenix Yellow. I wouldn't buy it myself but I do like looking at it. There's a guy driving around my area with a wrapped FK in phoenix yellow. Hope they do one for the FL5, it will for sure look even better.
Yeah me too. I just love starting at it but I just can’t think of any other color than CW for me. Lol
But yeah. You can’t go wrong with any color in FL5.
11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want IMG_2538

No problem.

If they force things like the ceramic coating then demand that they do the wheels as well. If I was thinking back then I would’ve pushed for that.

Also I’ve never seen an LE in the wild so that pretty cool!
I will do my best! I believe you are in BC too, hopefully we can do a mini meetup and run when we all receive our FL5s. 🙏🏿
@Raizzelle @POPNTEC

Curious what your approach would be I've been running through scenarios myself and my thought process is that, any push back, and they can just find another buyer.
I feel like it wouldn't be very hard for them to say no since there's probably a line out the door waiting for these things.

I pretty much feel like I'm pigeon held to whatever the hell they want to throw at me. Obviously it doesn't hurt to push back or walk away entirely, but damn, would've wasted so much time waiting, it's depressing LOL.
I 100% know what you feel man. To be honest I have 0% leverage from this deal other than there’s only 2 BOS that they issued for FL5 as they know they won’t be receiving more than that. What I’m planning to deal with them is that since I’m from BC and they are in AB I can’t do the ceramic and tint because I’ll be needing it to be car hauled (auto ship) and is not ideal to do it prior the shipment to me. But again as you said, they can easily look for another buyer if they don’t agree. So my plan is if I can’t buy it, I’ll post it here so someone from the group can snag it.

Regarding my Plan B:
Last month, I enlisted my name for a GR86 MT and last resort GR Supra MT. Unlike the FL5, both cars are made to order. Its 1-2 yrs waiting time also, but atleast its MSRP with no add-ons guaranteed. If I were able to wait for the FL5 with 0 guarantee, I can live with these deals.

If all these fails, then really it’s not for me. And will live with a miserable life for 2-3 years until something else comes LOL

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
I 100% know what you feel man. To be honest I have 0% leverage from this deal other than there’s only 2 BOS that they issued for FL5 as they know they won’t be receiving more than that. What I’m planning to deal with them is that since I’m from BC and they are in AB I can’t do the ceramic and tint because I’ll be needing it to be car hauled (auto ship) and is not ideal to do it prior the shipment to me. But again as you said, they can easily look for another buyer if they don’t agree. So my plan is if I can’t buy it, I’ll post it here so someone from the group can snag it.

Regarding my Plan B:
Last month, I enlisted my name for a GR86 MT and last resort GR Supra MT. Unlike the FL5, both cars are made to order. Its 1-2 yrs waiting time also, but atleast its MSRP with no add-ons guaranteed. If I were able to wait for the FL5 with 0 guarantee, I can live with these deals.

If all these fails, then really it’s not for me. And will live with a miserable life for 2-3 years until something else comes LOL
LMAO totally in the exact same boat, I have 0 leverage.
Started considering both exact vehicles you're looking at. If I can't get a practical vehicle im going complete opposite hahaha.
The only thing that minutely concerns me about the GBRZ86 is the RTV oil pickup issues, but at the same time the cost savings are huge, also looking at the Supra, ND Miata, maybe used S2k or Cayman.

Obviously still holding out hope for the FL5 as the dream, but totally feel like looking bleak, hoping for some good news for you!!

N4nn3r

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 ITS
I had no choice. They called me and said the car is ready to pick up, here’s what we put on and here’s the price. Do you want it or not?

Like I said, I should have forced them to ceramic coat the wheels because of there take it or leave it shenanigans.
I’m going to enforce this too. Thanks for the tip!

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
LMAO totally in the exact same boat, I have 0 leverage.
Started considering both exact vehicles you're looking at. If I can't get a practical vehicle im going complete opposite hahaha.
The only thing that minutely concerns me about the GBRZ86 is the RTV oil pickup issues, but at the same time the cost savings are huge, also looking at the Supra, ND Miata, maybe used S2k or Cayman.

Obviously still holding out hope for the FL5 as the dream, but totally feel like looking bleak, hoping for some good news for you!!
I’m just hoping with the 1-2 years of waiting for the GR86, they’ll be able to fix it. Also, I’ll have spare 10-20k money to use to fix it rather than the Ultra Expensive FL5 Ceramic and 3M if ever. 😂
Only downside of the Supra is the seat capacity but other than that the price is close to the FL5 with markups.

Anyways, we are all here in this group because FL5 is our first option. Hoping you’ll have a good news and enough patience with your FL5. 2-3 years from now wishing we’ll all have a grand meet and share our successful stories. Good luck again and have a good day! 🫡

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Yeah me too. I just love starting at it but I just can’t think of any other color than CW for me. Lol
But yeah. You can’t go wrong with any color in FL5.
IMG_2538.jpeg

I will do my best! I believe you are in BC too, hopefully we can do a mini meetup and run when we all receive our FL5s. 🙏🏿

Regarding my Plan B:

Love this digital rendering. Unlikely to happen, but it would be amazing if Honda partnered with Spoon for the Limited Edition FL5. One can always dream.

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
I’m just hoping with the 1-2 years of waiting for the GR86, they’ll be able to fix it. Also, I’ll have spare 10-20k money to use to fix it rather than the Ultra Expensive FL5 Ceramic and 3M if ever. 😂
Only downside of the Supra is the seat capacity but other than that the price is close to the FL5 with markups.

Anyways, we are all here in this group because FL5 is our first option. Hoping you’ll have a good news and enough patience with your FL5. 2-3 years from now wishing we’ll all have a grand meet and share our successful stories. Good luck again and have a good day! 🫡
Yeah totally, sorry all didn't mean to derail the convo and be a bummer LOL fingers still crossed!

Anthonyfa18

First Name
Anthony Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda’s
Any news when the next Bach of Fl5 are coming in???? And are delay due Vancover port strike??

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Ceramic/UC - 5K
Inhouse 3M - 5K
5YR/100K km - 4K
AB - 1.5K
5YR TR - 1.5K
Freight and PDI - 1.8K

Wish I could post the picture of BOS itself. But he a friend of mine. Lol

Anyways, since posted I’m gonna ask for help, you guys have an idea/trick how can I lower the price? Like can I do a refund of the warranties after bringing the FL5 home?
what if you ask them to get something that you were already planning on getting for example, if you were to get ppf and an additional set of tires and some accessories... they should be ok with it since they mostly care about total selling price and not so much what they are adding
Sponsored