• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Thank you so much! I’ll give it a try lol.
Road used: HWY3 - Hope (You can search how brutal HWY3 is during winter)
Tires: Michelin Pilot Alpin
Castlegar - Surrey, BC (600+ KM)
Travel Duration: 1330H - 2000H

All throughout the travel, the temperature ranged from -2 to 2C (which really affects road condition in snowy mountain) with snow, rain, flurries, drizzle. Equipped with snow tires, the car really really handled the road really well! It was fast and gripped really well around the corners, well enough speed for Canadian roads. To the point where I just drove as quick as I can because it was pitch black and no cars for 2hrs along the road LOL.

Suspension: I’m not gonna lie, was surprised as I drove the car with R+ mode first half of travel and didn’t bother me. Comfort mode for sure is great, but R+ too! I am used to a much harsher rides, I think 18s will greatly improve its comfort without changing the ECU, but it’s just my opinion.

Exhaust: Too quiet but I like it as the car doesn’t sound good. 😂

Overall: The car is worth the wait, I promise you guys it’s worth it! This thing is a beast! Take note it was my first time to drive that road + with this weather condition, but went home alive and well. 🤙🏿

Yes it was all refunded + due to bad weather, I had to take a flight from Vancouver to Kelowna instead of straight to Castlegar. Then the GM/Owner himself picked me up from Kelowna to Castlegar which was 4hr drive.

Thanks again @Apex Carver it wouldn’t be possible with your lead! @Shichi looking forward to meet with you guys in the future thanks!
Great to hear of your positive experience with that dealership! Ooh Michelin Alpin are the dream winter tires for me - dare I ask how much it cost? Did you need to size up to 265/35/19?
Sponsored

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Anyone have any information on what # car their dealer is currently on and what the timeline has been for each one they received? Might be able to draw some perspective from that, if any.
I haven't received official numbers, just hearsay and what I've found on CarGurus and the like.

GTA wise, Parkway Honda has received 2, Whitby 2 and Thornhill 3. Might be helpful to create a running list. The ones I've posted so far in the thread should help some.

Spartacus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Acura Legend GS 6 Speed
Thank you so much! I’ll give it a try lol.
Road used: HWY3 - Hope (You can search how brutal HWY3 is during winter)
Tires: Michelin Pilot Alpin
Castlegar - Surrey, BC (600+ KM)
Travel Duration: 1330H - 2000H

All throughout the travel, the temperature ranged from -2 to 2C (which really affects road condition in snowy mountain) with snow, rain, flurries, drizzle. Equipped with snow tires, the car really really handled the road really well! It was fast and gripped really well around the corners, well enough speed for Canadian roads. To the point where I just drove as quick as I can because it was pitch black and no cars for 2hrs along the road LOL.

Suspension: I’m not gonna lie, was surprised as I drove the car with R+ mode first half of travel and didn’t bother me. Comfort mode for sure is great, but R+ too! I am used to a much harsher rides, I think 18s will greatly improve its comfort without changing the ECU, but it’s just my opinion.

Exhaust: Too quiet but I like it as the car doesn’t sound good. 😂

Overall: The car is worth the wait, I promise you guys it’s worth it! This thing is a beast! Take note it was my first time to drive that road + with this weather condition, but went home alive and well. 🤙🏿

Yes it was all refunded + due to bad weather, I had to take a flight from Vancouver to Kelowna instead of straight to Castlegar. Then the GM/Owner himself picked me up from Kelowna to Castlegar which was 4hr drive.

Thanks again @Apex Carver it wouldn’t be possible with your lead! @Shichi looking forward to meet with you guys in the future thanks!
I was next in line for your car 🙁
Congrats though there’s one in PG but they won’t sell unless buyer is local. I’ve got a deposit on one here on Vancouver island but they can’t guarantee they are getting anymore. I’m willing to buy anywhere in the country too 🙏🏼

N4nn3r

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 ITS
I haven't received official numbers, just hearsay and what I've found on CarGurus and the like.

GTA wise, Parkway Honda has received 2, Whitby 2 and Thornhill 3. Might be helpful to create a running list. The ones I've posted so far in the thread should help some.
Weird, I heard thornhill only got 1 and it went to the dealership owner lol. Just info from my sales guy at Acura thornhill so grain of salt lol.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Weird, I heard thornhill only got 1 and it went to the dealership owner lol. Just info from my sales guy at Acura thornhill so grain of salt lol.
I spoke to the finance guy there back in March/April last year, they got one in February and then I personally saw one in July and December.

winsanity324

@WNSNTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
GLWS, what’s next? lol
Oh shietttt, what’s next? Haha
Haha nothing. I’m not selling anymore. Just took a nice drive. The great thing about these cars is that they feel special in every day situations and at any speed. Stuck in traffic? Enjoy that shifter and clutch. Can’t drive too fast? Enjoy the steering feel.

Only way it lets you down is if you came from a big power car and want to just have straight line speed.

Car was not as expected?
No not at all. something came on the market. So was looking at that but decided not to.

Everyone who gets one will love the car.

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
Great to hear of your positive experience with that dealership! Ooh Michelin Alpin are the dream winter tires for me - dare I ask how much it cost? Did you need to size up to 265/35/19?
I stayed and chose 265/30/19 as I wanted to feel the car as stock as possible first and see what must be upgraded. If ever I do change the wheels and tires I might go with 275/35/R18.

Total was around 2.1k + Tax and installation.

Congraaats!!!! enjoy
Thank you and thanks for always answering my questions. 🫡

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
I was next in line for your car 🙁
Congrats though there’s one in PG but they won’t sell unless buyer is local. I’ve got a deposit on one here on Vancouver island but they can’t guarantee they are getting anymore. I’m willing to buy anywhere in the country too 🙏🏼
Thank you so much! And good luck bro, members here are helpful and will help you with the wait lol. 🤙🏿

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
How are you liking the ITS so far? Any regrets compared to FL5? I am losing my mind over these 2 and might just go with whatever comes first!

N4nn3r

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 ITS
I spoke to the finance guy there back in March/April last year, they got one in February and then I personally saw one in July and December.
Oh fair enough, that’s great they got 3 cars though. Maybe there’s a member here who copped from there.

Haha nothing. I’m not selling anymore. Just took a nice drive. The great thing about these cars is that they feel special in every day situations and at any speed. Stuck in traffic? Enjoy that shifter and clutch. Can’t drive too fast? Enjoy the steering feel.

Only way it lets you down is if you came from a big power car and want to just have straight line speed.

No not at all. something came on the market. So was looking at that but decided not to.

Everyone who gets one will love the car.
Haha nothing like a nice drive can’t fix. Maybe I’ll catch you up at the coin wash again.

How are you liking the ITS so far? Any regrets compared to FL5? I am losing my mind over these 2 and might just go with whatever comes first!
Honestly, I love it. I have no regrets getting this. The car handles great, it’s just as fun to drive as the first day and it really soothes the itch. I love whipping it around town. I’ve hit about 3300 kms already. Only downside I think is the lack of exterior mod support as it’s an only NA available car. Frankly, I’m contemplating pulling all my FL5 deposits as I don’t think I’d trade in anymore like my original thoughts. I think I saw one guy on FB say his FL5 is almost ready and he went in to see how much the FL5 would be if he traded his DE5 and they asked for trade in + 8k lol. Maybe he’s in here lol.
I don’t think you’ll regret your decision on the car you’ll end up getting . Both of these are super fun and you won’t be looking back lol or at least I hope you won’t.

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
Oh fair enough, that’s great they got 3 cars though. Maybe there’s a member here who copped from there.

Haha nothing like a nice drive can’t fix. Maybe I’ll catch you up at the coin wash again.

Honestly, I love it. I have no regrets getting this. The car handles great, it’s just as fun to drive as the first day and it really soothes the itch. I love whipping it around town. I’ve hit about 3300 kms already. Only downside I think is the lack of exterior mod support as it’s an only NA available car. Frankly, I’m contemplating pulling all my FL5 deposits as I don’t think I’d trade in anymore like my original thoughts. I think I saw one guy on FB say his FL5 is almost ready and he went in to see how much the FL5 would be if he traded his DE5 and they asked for trade in + 8k lol. Maybe he’s in here lol.
I don’t think you’ll regret your decision on the car you’ll end up getting . Both of these are super fun and you won’t be looking back lol or at least I hope you won’t.
Thanks for the feedback, sounds like a great car. I wonder if acquiring FL5 for MSRP and then trading in for DE5 is the play :) Although that would be a pretty rare move from my understanding.
Sponsored