• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
How difficult or expensive is it to install the LSD from the Si? I’d love an ST hatch 6mT with LSD.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chilly613

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL1 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
How difficult or expensive is it to install the LSD from the Si? I’d love an ST hatch 6mT with LSD.
I don't know, I don't have an LSD in my build. I'm sure if you search around the forum you can find a thread where someone installed one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chilly613

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
More Spoon goodies to go with the Rigid Collars. I have the air cleaner too, but never took a picture of that. Will probably get the Spoon Progressive Springs soon. Trying to decide what else I want to get that they have available and won't break the bank.

11th Gen Honda Civic Chilly's 2023 Civic FL1 Sport Touring 6MT | Aspiring Build 1696360262296

11th Gen Honda Civic Chilly's 2023 Civic FL1 Sport Touring 6MT | Aspiring Build 1696360231902

11th Gen Honda Civic Chilly's 2023 Civic FL1 Sport Touring 6MT | Aspiring Build 1696360242107

Last edited:

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
More Spoon goodies to go with the Rigid Collars. I have the air cleaner too, but never took a picture of that. Will probably get the Spoon Progressive Springs soon. Trying to decide what else I want to get that they have available and won't break the bank.
What are your opinions on the Spoon air cleaner? I was thinking the same instead of going with a full intake system to save some money, but I looked into the micron sizing and don't know if its worth risking getting extra crud in my engine.

Does it produce extra sound & power?

OP
OP
Chilly613

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
What are your opinions on the Spoon air cleaner? I was thinking the same instead of going with a full intake system to save some money, but I looked into the micron sizing and don't know if its worth risking getting extra crud in my engine.

Does it produce extra sound & power?
TBH, for the cost of the Spoon air cleaner I should've gone with with PRL HVI. It is less restrictive than the OEM air filter and because it is less restrictive it does give off a little bit of intake sounds just not as noticeable as with a full intake. I don't live in a super dusty area so the micron sizing to me isn't as crucial. You can go with a Sprint Air Filter, I found out after its what Spoon uses just rebranded with the Spoon name just half the price.

Last edited:

eldahank

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (6spd)
Love your build! I have the same car in boost blue, found some new ideas here for my ride.

Was curious about your KTune-what was your reason to keep it at stock power (aside from rev hang fix)? I agonize over the decision to tune, a simple base map to add 20-30 HP is probably all I’d run but I want to keep my car reliable for a very long time.

OP
OP
Chilly613

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Love your build! I have the same car in boost blue, found some new ideas here for my ride.

Was curious about your KTune-what was your reason to keep it at stock power (aside from rev hang fix)? I agonize over the decision to tune, a simple base map to add 20-30 HP is probably all I’d run but I want to keep my car reliable for a very long time.
Thanks! For me, its already pretty peppy as is, unlike my old CVT that needed the tune. I may change the tune later on and get one from either TSP or Phearable, but at the moment I'm pretty content with it as is. Also, if I do tune for increased performance, I'd want to at least upgrade the intercooler and charge piping, but as of right now thats just money I dont feel like spending.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chilly613

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Installed the Diode Dynamics SS3 PRO LED Fog Light Kit for the 2016-2012 Honda Civic.

This was not a simple plug and play, but it was a sort of easy install and I didn't even need to take the bumper off, just jacked up the car and peeled back the fender liner.

I did have to modify the mounting brackets that came with the fog lights to fit the little post with a cross on the bumper for the factory fog lights by cutting the tab off of the SS3 brackets. I also used the harness adapters that came with the Mikstore Laser Projector Lamps. Just an FYI, the Mikstore Laser Projectors do not fit. The bolts on the sides of the lights will not fit without cutting your bumper. I didn't feel like messing with the bolts that are holding the light together and I didn't want to cut into my bumper.

Overall I think it was a worth while upgrade. Looks good, definitely better output than the OEM LED fog lights that left a lot to be desired.

11th Gen Honda Civic Chilly's 2023 Civic FL1 Sport Touring 6MT | Aspiring Build 1702693216600

11th Gen Honda Civic Chilly's 2023 Civic FL1 Sport Touring 6MT | Aspiring Build 1702693232400

11th Gen Honda Civic Chilly's 2023 Civic FL1 Sport Touring 6MT | Aspiring Build 1702693246773

11th Gen Honda Civic Chilly's 2023 Civic FL1 Sport Touring 6MT | Aspiring Build 1702693266489

11th Gen Honda Civic Chilly's 2023 Civic FL1 Sport Touring 6MT | Aspiring Build 1702693276976

Last edited:

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Just installed the PRL "Throwback" Front Strut Bar, I think it was the only thing I bought from any Black Friday sales.

What's your opinion on the strut bar? Have you felt any performance benefits in daily driving / spirited driving? I can't decide if I want to invest the money into a strut bar or not.

I also saw your other post where you're selling your KTuner, but if you wanted to tune your car, you mentioned getting an intercooler and charge pipes earlier in this thread. I'm planning on mildly tuning my car (no serious power gains), and intercooler is #1 mod on the list because this car gets so hot. I've read around the net that intercoolers don't really cause any turbo lag, but that charge pipes do so I wasn't planning on buying them. Just wondering what your opinion on charge pipes was and why you were considering them. Maybe your input can help sway me to buying them.

OP
OP
Chilly613

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
What's your opinion on the strut bar? Have you felt any performance benefits in daily driving / spirited driving? I can't decide if I want to invest the money into a strut bar or not.

I also saw your other post where you're selling your KTuner, but if you wanted to tune your car, you mentioned getting an intercooler and charge pipes earlier in this thread. I'm planning on mildly tuning my car (no serious power gains), and intercooler is #1 mod on the list because this car gets so hot. I've read around the net that intercoolers don't really cause any turbo lag, but that charge pipes do so I wasn't planning on buying them. Just wondering what your opinion on charge pipes was and why you were considering them. Maybe your input can help sway me to buying them.

With the strut tower bar, I do feel that the front is slightly stiffer and a little more responsive and planted when taking turns. Was it a huge difference, no, but there is a difference. I do feel like my Spoon Rigid Collars had a bigger change to my suspension than the strut bar did, but it looks good under the hood so there's that lol.

I'm just not using the KTuner right now and feel like its better off in the hands of someone that's gonna put it to use with their modifications. I'm enjoying the car as is power wise, I'm mostly concentrating on handling and suspension at the moment.

I may tune later, I may not. If I do I may go the Hondata CARB route or wait for COBB as they just released their Accesport for the FK8 and said they will be releasing one for the 1.5 in the future as well as the 11th Gen. Also being in California I really prefer to have that CARB EO# to not have any issues if they were to arise.

I had an upgraded intercooler on my 10th Gen with the stock pipes. Personally I think its fine with the intercooler alone. Would it help to have the charge pipes, sure, but I had the stock turbo and didnt find it necessary and just the intercooler alone I saw anywhere from a 10 - 20 degree drop depending on the day compared to the stock cooler. If you're going to tune as well, I'm sure the turbo lag won't be an issue. Plus, you can always buy the PRL intercooler, and decide to upgrade and get the piping later on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chilly613

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Took some time out today to install the Honda Euro Horn and a set of Suma Performance side mirrors.

Honda Euro Horn

Suma Mirrors

The bottom horn was super easy to install, literally took minutes. The front horn was a bit of a pain, but I managed to install it without taking the bumper off.

11th Gen Honda Civic Chilly's 2023 Civic FL1 Sport Touring 6MT | Aspiring Build 1703290584343

I used this video to help me with accessing the horn from the top.

The mirrors on the 11th Gen are so much easier to install than the 10th Gen. Literally took like 5 minutes each, including testing that everything was functioning, I think it took more time to clean the grease off that I got on my hands.

11th Gen Honda Civic Chilly's 2023 Civic FL1 Sport Touring 6MT | Aspiring Build 1703290593512

Definitely really good upgrades. No more *meep meep* horn and I love that I can see an even wider view now from my side mirrors, better upgrade than the Spoon mirrors that just stick on to your stock mirrors with 3M tape.

Last edited:

chubz0r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Si
Installed the Diode Dynamics SS3 PRO LED Fog Light Kit for the 2016-2012 Honda Civic.

This was not a simple plug and play, but it was a sort of easy install and I didn't even need to take the bumper off, just jacked up the car and peeled back the fender liner.

I did have to modify the mounting brackets that came with the fog lights to fit the little post with a cross on the bumper for the factory fog lights by cutting the tab off of the SS3 brackets. I also used the harness adapters that came with the Mikstore Laser Projector Lamps. Just an FYI, the Mikstore Laser Projectors do not fit. The bolts on the sides of the lights will not fit without cutting your bumper. I didn't feel like messing with the bolts that are holding the light together and I didn't want to cut into my bumper.

Overall I think it was a worth while upgrade. Looks good, definitely better output than the OEM LED fog lights that left a lot to be desired.

1702693216600.jpeg

1702693232400.jpeg

1702693246773.jpeg

1702693266489.jpeg

1702693276976.jpeg
These look great! Can you share any info on how and where you wired them, as well as what other items needed to be purchased (wire taps, etc)?

OP
OP
Chilly613

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
These look great! Can you share any info on how and where you wired them, as well as what other items needed to be purchased (wire taps, etc)?
Thanks!

The wiring part was kind of easy. I did not have to tap or splice anything. I had originally bought the Mikstore Laser Projectors fog lights, fortunately/unfortunately those fog lights did not fit. The Mikstore fogs did come with adapters to plug their fog lights into the OEM fog light harness. I was able to use those adapters to plug into the Deustsch adapters on the Diode Dynamic fogs. I'm not sure if Mikstore sells the adapters separate, you can probably contact them and ask.

If they don't sell them separate you probably need some H11/H8 2 pin adapter to whatever the plug is for the OEM fog light's harness.

Last edited:

chubz0r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Si
Thanks!

The wiring part was kind of easy. I did not have to tap or splice anything. I had originally bought the Mikstore Laser Projectors fog lights, fortunately/unfortunately those fog lights did not fit. The Mikstore fogs did come with adapters to plug their fog lights into the OEM fog light harness. I was able to use those adapters to plug into the Deustsch adapters on the Diode Dynamic fogs. I'm not sure if Mikstore sells the adapters separate, you can probably contact them and ask.

If they don't sell them separate you probably need some H11/H8 2 pin adapter to whatever the plug is for the OEM fog light's harness.
ok that makes sense. I have an Si so I wont have the existing fog light harness. thanks !
Sponsored