• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Civic Si for 2023!?

AThek123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX
Hey, been lurking since deciding on a Si for my next purchase. Just made an account to ask/get clarification.

I knew from this forum that the 2023 model year has yet to be announced (besides Type-R), but I wanted to reach out to a dealer and inquire about any reservations on a 2023 Civic Si, the sales associate said this:

"For the 2023 model, Honda will be releasing the Civics as Type R models, not the SI models. At this time Honda is not accepting orders, but that very well could change for the 2023 year. We do have a wish list that I can add you to for the Civic Type R."

Is this true?? I responded that I would be surprised if that's the case and they said:

"Yes, Honda has confirmed the 2022 Honda Civic is the Si and for the 2023 model they are doing the Type R. "

Can anyone shed light on this? Apologies if it's been discussed already, I couldn't find anything about the 2023 Si with all the news on the Type R coming back on the search.
Sponsored

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
Not sure about the USA but 2023 model year doesn't show the Civic Si on the Canadian Honda site either.

It would be super weird for them to try and upsell you from a $30k-ish Civic Si to a $40-45k Civic Type R though... Unless thats their way of saying the new Civic Type R will be a lot cheaper LOL (one can dream I suppose).

OP
OP

AThek123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX
Thanks for checking, that's odd... I actually just seen another post in this forum seeing the same thing on Canadian Honda.

If they actually skip 2023 Si that would be crazy, I am now wondering if I should scour around to try and grab a 2022.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Maybe too much saturation with the integra coming out? That is strange though.

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
"Yes, Honda has confirmed the 2022 Honda Civic is the Si and for the 2023 model they are doing the Type R. "
That's worded very strangely. And it also doesn't make much sense to me, but I guess the spread of Integra trims and prices might have something to do with it.

Shiba Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I doubt that they would skip it. If you don't need a car now, just wait. If the FL5 reservation thread tells me anything, it is that Honda is slow when it comes to releasing information and that you will get different answers from dealers because they probably don't know anything more than we do.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Couldn't order it last go round but it is for sure going to exist. Just to be clear we are speaking about 2023 Honda Civic Si. Colors are the same too.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
They have never skipped an Si year in the middle of a generation. The demand for the Si is high. They skipped 2021 because they couldn't make enough for it to be worth it, and it gave them extra time to retool an assembly plant for the 11th gen.

Dealership employees are clueless, unless they are enthusiasts who live on the forums like us.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Like when they kept telling people that the R was going to be 1 year only production before it came out.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Allocations have started for the 2023 Civic Si but they don't have production dates yet.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Allocations have started for the 2023 Civic Si but they don't have production dates yet.
So basically if I read between the lines, that means, if we’re lucky, the Type Rs will be here by December 31st…

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
So basically if I read between the lines, that means, if we’re lucky, the Type Rs will be here by December 31st…
The Si and Type R are built in different plants, in separate countries. I wouldn't read into that too much for Type R availability.

OP
OP

AThek123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX
No way!? Thanks for sharing.

Do you think it would be best to reach back out to the dealer, or wait for the Honda website to reflect the 2023?

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Yes they will be. Honda’s current behavior of releasing next to no information is exactly how they operate. Ppl only care now because the Type R is involved.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
No way!? Thanks for sharing.

Do you think it would be best to reach back out to the dealer, or wait for the Honda website to reflect the 2023?
Depends on the information you’re seeking. For On-The-Ground Arrival dates, a dealership can help but only if you speak with a salesman that can actually be bothered to pull up their allocations.
Sponsored

Last edited: