• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Civic Si getting nerfed due to Integra revival?

VicVal01

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
So with Acura announcing the return of the Integra, i cant see this meaning anything but trouble for the civic si. Do you think Honda will nerf the si in order to keep it from taking some sales from the new Integra?
I think this makes sense and explains why Honda hasn’t really improved the si much over the last couple of generations. It might end up doing what it did to the USDM EP3 in an effort to boost rsx-s sales. Also helps further justify Hondas decision to kill the civic coupe.
Sponsored

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
So with Acura announcing the return of the Integra, i cant see this meaning anything but trouble for the civic si. Do you think Honda will nerf the si in order to keep it from taking some sales from the new Integra?
I think this makes sense and explains why Honda hasn’t really improved the si much over the last couple of generations. It might end up doing what it did to the USDM EP3 in an effort to boost rsx-s sales. Also helps further justify Hondas decision to kill the civic coupe.
Well the Integra will be a 4 door with a DCT. Very different cars but sharing one of the engine variants

OP
OP
VicVal01

VicVal01

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well the Integra will be a 4 door with a DCT. Very different cars but sharing one of the engine variants
They haven’t announced any details, just announced it was indeed returning and being revealed in spring 2022. I would HIGHLY doubt Acura wont offer it in a 2-door variant and with an optional manual trans. They said it “will be returning to the Acura lineup with the same spirit and fun-to-drive DNA as the original”

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
They haven’t announced any details, just announced it was indeed returning and being revealed in spring 2022. I would HIGHLY doubt Acura wont offer it in a 2-door variant and with an optional manual trans. They said it “will be returning to the Acura lineup with the same spirit and fun-to-drive DNA as the original”
In the leaked time frame for Acura it literally states “new compact sedan” = 4 doors

as for the manual option, I guess we don’t know but that’s why the Si exists

OP
OP
VicVal01

VicVal01

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In the leaked time frame for Acura it literally states “new compact sedan” = 4 doors

as for the manual option, I guess we don’t know but that’s why the Si exists
Ah gotcha. Still, these are definitely exciting times for honda fans

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
I doubt it. If anything, the Si probably will be the better performing option compared to the new Integra.
This is a very exciting news indeed, but the Integra won't be any sportier than things like A3 and A220.
They have Type S for that.
Accord 2.0T still performs better than base TLX in some ways I don't think Honda will nerf next gen Accord either.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
The silhouette they show at the drone show definitely appears to be a coupe. Either the integra will be both a coupe and sedan, or the new compact sedan will be separate from the integra.

if the integra ends up a coupe, it will barely dent civic Si sales. Coupes are already niche sellers.

I’m really hoping for an affordable entry point for the new integra in a coupe form, Si powertrain or detuned 2.0T with an automatic. Rather than settle for the civic ST hatch I’ll trade my 19 civic coupe for the new integra 100%.

Have to wait and see but definitely exciting news

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11th Gen Honda Civic Civic Si getting nerfed due to Integra revival? 69A96544-6887-41D1-8DCC-585AB83E5682

For reference, this is the silhouette they made with the drones. If that’s a sedan, it’s gonna have no back seat space.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
I will be interested in seeing the details on the new Integra. Acura won't drop the 4-door as this will also replace the ILX. I would be pleasantly surprised if they offered a Coupe as well. Or maybe they go with a 4-door hatchback and try to satisfy both crowds

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motortrend offered a bit more info with their talks with the Acura reps... a couple things to note

"Integra will have some form of electrification" i.e. it'll be a hybrid, possibly adopting a scaled back version of the hybrid AWD the NSX used IMO

"Integra is not a replacement for the ILX" ... ok... conflicting info now... it's not a replacement for the ILX... but many believe the Integra slots perfectly into the "new compact sedan" timeline on acuras product planning schedule that leaked...

So we basically know next to nothing... will it be a coupe? sedan? both? Will it replace the ILX or not? We basically just know its coming next year, and will be a hybrid called Integra. It would be odd to have a coupe as the entry level model to the brand.... but if its a sedan... wouldn't that make it a replacement for the ILX, which they said it is not... kind of conflicting information and ideas...

On a side note. The internet sleuths that dig up patent drawings need to find these if they can. Acura had to have submitted patent drawings for the new Integra, hopefully in the coming weeks/months those will come to light and we will know a bit more based off of those.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Motortrend offered a bit more info with their talks with the Acura reps... a couple things to note

"Integra will have some form of electrification" i.e. it'll be a hybrid, possibly adopting a scaled back version of the hybrid AWD the NSX used IMO

"Integra is not a replacement for the ILX" ... ok... conflicting info now... it's not a replacement for the ILX... but many believe the Integra slots perfectly into the "new compact sedan" timeline on acuras product planning schedule that leaked...

So we basically know next to nothing... will it be a coupe? sedan? both? Will it replace the ILX or not? We basically just know its coming next year, and will be a hybrid called Integra. It would be odd to have a coupe as the entry level model to the brand.... but if its a sedan... wouldn't that make it a replacement for the ILX, which they said it is not... kind of conflicting information and ideas...

On a side note. The internet sleuths that dig up patent drawings need to find these if they can. Acura had to have submitted patent drawings for the new Integra, hopefully in the coming weeks/months those will come to light and we will know a bit more based off of those.
The comment regarding electrification did not come from Acura but was speculation from the writer. That is interesting regarding the Integra not being a replacement for the ILX, although I would wait to see if this is accurate as Motortrend also mentioned that the ILX was discontinued. LOL

" Actually, the decision to bring the Integra was made about six years ago, Ikeda confesses. He would not say what platform it uses, where it will be built, or much other detail. But it is expected to be electrified to some extent—that is the future of Acura. It will likely be a hybrid as opposed to a pure EV. "

" The new Integra is not a replacement for the discontinued Acura ILX compact sedan, the brand chief says. But it is an addition to the existing lineup that does seem to fill the segment gap with a much more exciting entrant. "

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The comment regarding electrification did not come from Acura but was speculation from the writer. That is interesting regarding the Integra not being a replacement for the ILX, although I would wait to see if this is accurate as Motortrend also mentioned that the ILX was discontinued. LOL

" Actually, the decision to bring the Integra was made about six years ago, Ikeda confesses. He would not say what platform it uses, where it will be built, or much other detail. But it is expected to be electrified to some extent—that is the future of Acura. It will likely be a hybrid as opposed to a pure EV. "

" The new Integra is not a replacement for the discontinued Acura ILX compact sedan, the brand chief says. But it is an addition to the existing lineup that does seem to fill the segment gap with a much more exciting entrant. "
Thanks for the clarifications on those. I had just woken up when I was reading it and probably glossed over the quotations on things.

It still stands that the integra is very much a mystery at this point. Coupe or sedan, or both? Entry level or not? Electrification or not? (I still think a hybrid AWD setup could be definitely in the cards as they could tout it as being "similar" to the NSX from a marketing standpoint).

It'll be an interesting few months as more info trickles out, hopefully we can find those patent images sooner rather than later. Either way, it stands to add be an exciting option to my list of future vehicles come next year. I'll just cross my fingers it'll be an affordable sporty coupe and leave it at that for the time being.
Sponsored