• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Civic Type R "Free Flowing" DownPipe

OsosikMedia

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2017 Civic SI x2
Are you looking to get more power out of your 2023 Honda Civic Type R?
Installing a catless free flowing downpipe is one way to do that! A downpipe allows for increased exhaust flow, which increases engine performance. But how much power can you expect from the installation? To find out, we tested the results of installing a free flowing downpipe on our 2023 Honda Civic Type R and ran it on our Mustang Dyno. Keep reading to learn all about our dyno run results and what this could mean for your Civic Type R performance!

2023 Civic Type R Downpipe Dyno & Install video

To eliminate variables and get accurate comparisons, we put the Type R back on 91 octane and the PowerMetric Stage 0.91 tune using Hondata FlashPro.

Stock the Type R makes 270 WHP and 312 TRQ
11th Gen Honda Civic Civic Type R "Free Flowing" DownPipe ososik-fl5-stock-baseline

Downpipe with PowerMetric Stage 0.91 Tune compared to Stock:
11th Gen Honda Civic Civic Type R "Free Flowing" DownPipe ososik-fl5-stage091-dp-baseline-vs-stock

Last Dyno Plot compares the "free flowing" Downpipe with Powermetric Stage 0.91 Tune to the Stock Downpipe with Powermetric 91 Tune:
11th Gen Honda Civic Civic Type R "Free Flowing" DownPipe ososik-fl5-stage091-dp-baseline-vs-stage091

As you can see the plot the peak TRQ shows slightly less with the free flowing downpipe at around 2,500 RPM. If you look throughout the entire rev range, the new downpipe out performs the stock one. Again, this is with ZERO tuning changes. Tuning would definitely optimize this upgrade but if you're wondering what an install like this would do without tuning, here you go.

Are you curious to know what swapping out the stock intercooler to a @PRL Motorsports would do? We will be creating a thread for that as well.

Be sure to follow me on social media to stay up to date with all my builds. I don't always post everything in forums, but I will try too.
IG/FB/TikTok
@OsosikMedia & @ososik
Sponsored

OP
OP
OsosikMedia

OsosikMedia

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

jayely14

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
992 GT3, Model Y
Catless will throw CEL correct??

Fresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R (Championship White)
I’m considering getting the PRL intercooler and front pipe, but first want to know if I do a cat-back exhaust (from whichever manufacturer), will this front pipe still work and the cat back bolt on at the downstream end of the front pipe?

Also, per jayely14, will it throw a CEL error?

OP
OP
OsosikMedia

OsosikMedia

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Catless will throw CEL correct??
If you don't use tuning software to disable it, then yes it will eventually throw a code.

OP
OP
OsosikMedia

OsosikMedia

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m considering getting the PRL intercooler and front pipe, but first want to know if I do a cat-back exhaust (from whichever manufacturer), will this front pipe still work and the cat back bolt on at the downstream end of the front pipe?

Can't answer that because it depends on the company/person who builds it. Typically companies will make it like OEM fitment.

Also, per jayely14, will it throw a CEL error?
Sponsored