• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Confirmed K&N filter size.

Yorkman1

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type-R #170001
I was told a few days ago that I was gonna have to wait until February to get my filter from PRL. So I figured for a couple dollars why not see if this works. As it turns out it does.
33-2454

11th Gen Honda Civic Confirmed K&N filter size. IMG_7198
11th Gen Honda Civic Confirmed K&N filter size. IMG_7200
11th Gen Honda Civic Confirmed K&N filter size. IMG_7199
Sponsored

madsedan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CW Type R
If its really really over oiled it can effect the accuracy of the MAF over a period of time.
Since the late 90's I've been doing the same thing with oiled filters. When I get a new one I wipe it down to remove any excess oil on the frame and lay a paper towel on both sides of the filter and let it absorb some of the excess over a period of a few minutes. When cleaning I also take care to lightly oil them.

That said, I bought a Sprint oil-less filter (Spoon is the same) and it just gets blown out with compressed air at service intervals.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
If its really really over oiled it can effect the accuracy of the MAF over a period of time.
Since the late 90's I've been doing the same thing with oiled filters. When I get a new one I wipe it down to remove any excess oil on the frame and lay a paper towel on both sides of the filter and let it absorb some of the excess over a period of a few minutes. When cleaning I also take care to lightly oil them.

That said, I bought a Sprint oil-less filter (Spoon is the same) and it just gets blown out with compressed air at service intervals.
yeah, I might try the sprint one. I was holding out for an intake...given they do nothing but sound. But the gruppeM is a tad expensive and I don't care for ones that might get heat soak

OP
OP
Yorkman1

Yorkman1

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type-R #170001
Update: Drove the car. Feels the same, tad more noise.

I agree about the oil. This wasn’t soaked but you can take some light air pressure and blow and excess off without damaging the filter. It was my plan if this was “wet”.

overall for 60bucks it sounds better. Now to disable the switch interior motor fake sound. That’s tomorrow’s goal.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
Update: Drove the car. Feels the same, tad more noise.

I agree about the oil. This wasn’t soaked but you can take some light air pressure and blow and excess off without damaging the filter. It was my plan if this was “wet”.

overall for 60bucks it sounds better. Now to disable the switch interior motor fake sound. That’s tomorrow’s goal.
for the interior sound, can't you disable it through the infotainment system? I put mine (Engine Sound under Individual Mode) to comfort and never hear it in that mode.

I don't get why they keep putting these fake engine noises in these cars lol
Sponsored

Last edited: