• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

LeoA86

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
27won. It sounds so much better in first and second and sometimes 3rd. I installed in myself it was really simple. I don’t recommend a power tool though if you do it by your self.
Man I can’t wait to install it. Question, did you remove the turbo inlet pipe? I was looking at all the space this fl5 has compared to the fk8 and it looks like it can be done ✅ without removing the turbo inlet pipe. Any chance you can do a video of the sound? I’m curious 🧐
Sponsored

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Man I can’t wait to install it. Question, did you remove the turbo inlet pipe? I was looking at all the space this fl5 has compared to the fk8 and it looks like it can be done ✅ without removing the turbo inlet pipe. Any chance you can do a video of the sound? I’m curious 🧐
The inlet pipe doesn’t have to be removed.

LeoA86

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Well got it installed. How ever. Two effing bolts broke on the turbo exhaust side. Top right and bottom left. Sucks big time. I reinstalled the down pipe because it was my only way home. Car drives fine, no cel in at this time. Don’t hear any exhaust leaks or smell excessive fumes. Hopefully it will hold up until I get it fixed.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Well got it installed. How ever. Two effing bolts broke on the turbo exhaust side. Top right and bottom left. Sucks big time. I reinstalled the down pipe because it was my only way home. Car drives fine, no cel in at this time. Don’t hear any exhaust leaks or smell excessive fumes. Hopefully it will hold up until I get it fixed.
I had the top right bolt break during my downpipe swap, less than 200 miles on the car. That was fun... not. :)

LeoA86

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I had the top right bolt break during my downpipe swap, less than 200 miles on the car. That was fun... not. :)
Yeah mine had about 400 miles on it. I honestly didn’t know that these are that prone to breaking. Pretty crappy if you ask me for such a new car. I understand some thing old and rusted but this is new. So right now I’m just rocking the down pipe with only two bolts, the top left and bottom right. Seems good for now. I’ll get it fixed eventually. I just need to find someone to do it. I don’t feel comfortable drilling and tapping.

OP
OP
JDM_DOHC_SiR

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TLX Type-S / 2023 Civic Type-R / 2024 HRV EXL
Were you able to fully remove it or did it completely shear off... ?

I didn't have any issues .. well accept the bottom lower stud that almost did me dirty :rofl: but I was able to remove it ... and that was me soaking bolts for 24 hrs with PB Blast.

OP
OP
JDM_DOHC_SiR

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah mine had about 400 miles on it. I honestly didn’t know that these are that prone to breaking. Pretty crappy if you ask me for such a new car. I understand some thing old and rusted but this is new. So right now I’m just rocking the down pipe with only two bolts, the top left and bottom right. Seems good for now. I’ll get it fixed eventually. I just need to find someone to do it. I don’t feel comfortable drilling and tapping.

if you have any stud still sticking out this tool is a god send:thumbsup:

https://www.amazon.com/DEWILL-Broke...676771123&sprefix=stud+remover,aps,165&sr=8-5

LeoA86

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Were you able to fully remove it or did it completely shear off... ?

I didn't have any issues .. well accept the bottom lower stud that almost did me dirty :rofl: but I was able to remove it ... and that was me soaking bolts for 24 hrs with PB Blast.
I didn’t soak mine for that long. Maybe 4 hrs max. The two that broke off were sticking out. I used an extractor socket on both and heated up the broken studs with a torch. No good. Now they are broken flush on the turbo manifold. So I have to drill it out. I’ll wait for now. Seems like a pain in the ass.

OP
OP
JDM_DOHC_SiR

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn’t soak mine for that long. Maybe 4 hrs max. The two that broke off were sticking out. I used an extractor socket on both and heated up the broken studs with a torch. No good. Now they are broken flush on the turbo manifold. So I have to drill it out. I’ll wait for now. Seems like a pain in the ass.
:eek:

I had a buddy that sheared off 2 studs as well on a MHI Stage 2 turbo for his FK8 and the machine shop was able to remove them for about $75, but it's a horrible feeling to have these just shear off on a new car.
:cloud:
Sponsored