• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dyno results on catted downpipe on FL5 (with tune)?

Backmarker

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
Hi folks,

Currently stock and playing around with the TSP Stage 1 and Phearable Stage 2 tunes.

The current wisdom seems to be the biggest bang for the buck for next mods is downpipe and intercooler. However, I have heard different things from tuners around the actual benefit of a catted downpipe.

Does anyone have actual dyno results of adding a catted downpipe on a tuned (hondata, etc.) car? Basically stock with tune vs with downpipe With tune.
Sponsored

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Hi folks,

Currently stock and playing around with the TSP Stage 1 and Phearable Stage 2 tunes.

The current wisdom seems to be the biggest bang for the buck for next mods is downpipe and intercooler. However, I have heard different things from tuners around the actual benefit of a catted downpipe.

Does anyone have actual dyno results of adding a catted downpipe on a tuned (hondata, etc.) car? Basically stock with tune vs with downpipe With tune.
I can’t speak to specific numbers, but here are my thoughts. I tuned my completely stock car with TSP stage 1 tune, and it made a massive difference. Followed that up a month later with the TSP downpipe, and it was another solid increase. Can’t speak to the increase number wise, but the driving experience got better for sure 👍🏽

ne_typer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BB FL5
My guess is that it’ll gain you 10-15WHP. Whether that’s worth it is up to you…
Sponsored