• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cruise Control Issues

PrayingForGrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP ST Hatch 6MT
Hello all wanted to start this thread for those who have had issues with the cruise control in their 11th gen. Personally, even with cleaned cameras/windshield, I tend to get a lot of ghost braking and the cruise control just shutting off for no reason a little too consistently.... Anyone else with the same issues?
Sponsored

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Our LKAS seems to hate these low winter sun angles. It's always losing sight of the lines and drifting. Never had a problem with the ACC though. I thought I heard the 11th gen doesn't use radar for acc anymore? It's all camera based? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

OP
OP
PrayingForGrip

PrayingForGrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP ST Hatch 6MT
Our LKAS seems to hate these low winter sun angles. It's always losing sight of the lines and drifting. Never had a problem with the ACC though. I thought I heard the 11th gen doesn't use radar for acc anymore? It's all camera based? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm quite the opposite my LKAS works flawlessly, its really all acc for me. I wish I could just set it to be CC without the active stuff honestly. I drive 60-100 miles a day for work so I get pretty familiar with all the ACC issues lol.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
They don't have the long push to disable the ACC and let you use it as normal CC like the 10th?

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
My Si will randomly shut off then wont let me restart it until after I turn the car off and back on. Its extremely frustrating with my 65mi interstate commute. I clean the area in front of the camera basically every fuel stop

OP
OP
PrayingForGrip

PrayingForGrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP ST Hatch 6MT
My Si will randomly shut off then wont let me restart it until after I turn the car off and back on. Its extremely frustrating with my 65mi interstate commute. I clean the area in front of the camera basically every fuel stop
definitely a software update in the foreseeable future. Mine will randomly shut off too, and takes like 5 minutes or more to come back up sometimes.

OP
OP
PrayingForGrip

PrayingForGrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP ST Hatch 6MT
What? They took away the standard cruise control option? Are you sure?
I held the button for like 2 minutes hoping it would go away and it didn't. I'm going have to find my owners manual and see if it's a different way on these.

CeeBee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT - '21 Civic Hatch EX
Looks like you need to hold the interval button.

11th Gen Honda Civic Cruise Control Issues 1641443161580

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Thank goodness. I was about to say you guys got screwed even more if they took away that function.

OP
OP
PrayingForGrip

PrayingForGrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP ST Hatch 6MT
Got it to finally go on normal CC on my drive home last night and voila all the ghost braking gone and random shut offs gone. Screw acc!

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Never used it on my 20. Plus the camera on that thing would randomly tell the braking system that something was in front of the car when there was nothing there. Luckily it only slammed on the brakes one time with ghost sensing.

OP
OP
PrayingForGrip

PrayingForGrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP ST Hatch 6MT
Never used it on my 20. Plus the camera on that thing would randomly tell the braking system that something was in front of the car when there was nothing there. Luckily it only slammed on the brakes one time with ghost sensing.
Mine would ghost brake at least 3-4 times on my 60 miles home every night. Didn’t have to slow down once last night and even my avg mpg went up a bit without the damn slowing down and speeding back up.
Sponsored