• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dealership offered under $$

Navy619

First Name
Jonni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 type r, 2013 rav4, 240sx S13
I'm at this honda dealership in poway, and I was seeing what they'll quote me for my 2024 type r. All of these dealers here are locally charging markups of 5k+ In fact I couldn't even get a car at msrp, so I had to drive to a different county in order to obtain one.

Anyways after the inspection. My appraiser named Maria was able to tell me that the car is in great shape! It's under 1k miles and it's practically brand new. No kidding right?

She gave me a quote and I was offered under msrp at 43k lol. I paid 50k OTD. It's quite hilarious that these local dealers are still trying to markup these type r's. Yet they try to low ball 🤣
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I'm at this honda dealership in poway, and I was seeing what they'll quote me for my 2024 type r. All of these dealers here are locally charging markups of 5k+ In fact I couldn't even get a car at msrp, so I had to drive to a different county in order to obtain one.

Anyways after the inspection. My appraiser named Maria was able to tell me that the car is in great shape! It's under 1k miles and it's practically brand new. No kidding right?

She gave me a quote and I was offered under msrp at 43k lol. I paid 50k OTD. It's quite hilarious that these local dealers are still trying to markup these type r's. Yet they try to low ball 🤣
What's so funny about it? That's the business model. They take in pre-owned vehicles on trade (or buy them outright) and sell them for more than what they purchased them for. There's nothing nefarious about that approach. This happens in every industry in some capacity. There's no way you will get what you paid or more for an FL5. It's not a 911R or S2000 CR. Also, the dealership isn't responsible for making you whole on fees and taxes you paid in connection with the initial purchase.

OP
OP
Navy619

Navy619

First Name
Jonni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're just greedy people.. Well not all dealers.

WillyK

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Seems normal. Were you expecting them to offer you $50K? If they were going to resell it at $45k, they'd have probably offered you $38k.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Seems normal. Were you expecting them to offer you $50K? If they were going to resell it at $45k, they'd have probably offered you $38k.
Wait, are dealers supposed to make a profit?

spectre186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Camry, 23 Civic Type R
It’s used…what do you expect? That’s actually really good versus its MSRP

OP
OP
Navy619

Navy619

First Name
Jonni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All I'm saying is most dealers are marking up an average 5k+ and that particular dealer is charging 8k and people still buy. There's hardly any type r's available here for msrp.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5

We had a '23 FL5 (11k, "minor" damage on the carfax) that we sold to another dealer for the same number. I have to feel like someone would pay more than what OP was offered based on that.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I feel like threads like these go whatever way the first couple posts take them. And they can change course based on a few more posts. Always interesting to watch.

The used market is strange, but something that is NEVER strange is dealers trying to squeeze the life out of a trade-in. They try to make it seem like it's some nebulous black box and watching them squirm trying to act like they know what they're talking about is always fun.

Not completely relevant but still somewhat on-topic- My state offers tax credit on the new purchase for trade-in, so one dealer I've bought a few cars through actually put on their offer sheet the value of the trade AFTER the tax credit, trying to suggest that's what they're actually offering. I found that amusing. That's one word for it.

Anyway, knowing that most dealers were charging over MSRP for used cars as recently as a few months ago, I don't think $43k is really a fair value at all... but also not surprised in the slightest.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I feel like threads like these go whatever way the first couple posts take them. And they can change course based on a few more posts. Always interesting to watch.

The used market is strange, but something that is NEVER strange is dealers trying to squeeze the life out of a trade-in. They try to make it seem like it's some nebulous black box and watching them squirm trying to act like they know what they're talking about is always fun.

Not completely relevant but still somewhat on-topic- My state offers tax credit on the new purchase for trade-in, so one dealer I've bought a few cars through actually put on their offer sheet the value of the trade AFTER the tax credit, trying to suggest that's what they're actually offering. I found that amusing. That's one word for it.

Anyway, knowing that most dealers were charging over MSRP for used cars as recently as a few months ago, I don't think $43k is really a fair value at all... but also not surprised in the slightest.

LOL.