• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dealership offered under $$

OP
OP
Navy619

Navy619

First Name
Jonni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 R, 2013 rav4, 240sx
so let me get this straight - are they supposed to pay you the same or less than what they will sell it for?
Yeah, dealers are lining up to do that.
The manager at lemon mossy honda said they'll pay more if I brought the car in. From what I remember they were selling it for 60k with ADM on a new type r. Even the manager that owns the FK8 paid over msrp and he works at Honda. Maybe he's lying? I have yet to go back there again. Apparently they can't keep enough type r's on the lot.

OP
OP
Navy619

Navy619

First Name
Jonni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 R, 2013 rav4, 240sx
Did a quick search on used and there's nothing locally

11th Gen Honda Civic Dealership offered under $$ Screenshot-20240523-235652-Brave

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
So maybe with nothing available in your area you can get more than MSRP for yours, even from a dealer.
Not bad.
My point wasn't that you might not get more than MSRP - it was that a dealer has to be able to get more - a lot more - than whatever they pay you.
Now, to be sure, just having that car on their lot will pull in traffic and allow them to sell other cars to folks who maybe can't qualify for that one. Especially with the ADM.
And dealers do make money - most of their money - on the financing and add on items.
Be interesting to see what is the highest you finally get offered.

HondaFan777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2024 Pilot Trail Sport, etc...
This made my brain hurt.

Cars depreciate, even our beloved Type R's. The mark up is not calculated in the value of the vehicle period. Now a car deprecating just 3k off of sticker is not bad. Car market is going back to normal and trade in values are way down, not inflated since there are plenty of vehicles available.

Days of making money on used cars are done when trading in but new car prices are down and R's are available for MSRP, its a win.

OP, not sure what your point is with this post as this is capitalism working as normal. I am sure if they offered you 53k you wouldn't be complaining, right? Its business.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Can you describe the ideal way a car deal should work from your perspective so there is no "used car salesman" notions involved?
Just a little integrity is all I'm asking.

I don't feel like digging into the details. Suffice to say, I've spent over $300k with this particular dealer and will not consider going back unless there's new management. And all dealers are on my slimeball watch list. If you're curious hit me up in PM; no one cares enough for me to spend time documenting it here.

JustJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R
All I'm saying is most dealers are marking up an average 5k+ and that particular dealer is charging 8k and people still buy. There's hardly any type r's available here for msrp.
I got mine for MSRP. Gerald Honda (Tom Hayden sales guy) in Matteson, IL., total fees were $600ish and OTD price was $50k. I just asked the sales guy to call me when they’d sell it for MSRP and somehow it worked.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
This made my brain hurt.

Cars depreciate, even our beloved Type R's.
I think a lot of people kind of see the Type R as a hero car and look at how much s2000s and EGs EKs have appreciated in recent years.

That's an anomaly though and it wasn't the case for YEARS up until the pandemic times (well..maybe not the s2000 - that bitch has always held its value)

HondaFan777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2024 Pilot Trail Sport, etc...
I think a lot of people kind of see the Type R as a hero car and look at how much s2000s and EGs EKs have appreciated in recent years.

That's an anomaly though and it wasn't the case for YEARS up until the pandemic times (well..maybe not the s2000 - that bitch has always held its value)
Agreed, I don't ever plan on getting rid of mine because I have let go of my 2008 Mugen Si, 2 S2000's ( 03 AP1 & & 05 AP2 ), 99 EM1 Si, and 2004 RSX Type S with the dealer installed ASPEC kit. Oh and my 94 Del Sol Si and 92 Civic Si. I should have kept at least my AP1, my EM1, and the Mugen. I regret selling those all the time.

But these cars are still new so they will go down before they go up to a collectable status of value.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Navy619

Navy619

First Name
Jonni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 R, 2013 rav4, 240sx
I just wish the local dealers around here would charge MSRP instead of marking them up to 60k.. I understand there's people willing to pay over, but I'm not one of them. When I brought the car in to El cajon honda. I know the manager - mike who owns the fk8 recently traded in for a fl5, said this dealer will buyback and give you a higher price if purchased elsewhere and bragged. Well that was short lived and was nothing, but bs talk. These local dealers are scumbags to everyone that thinks that it's a good deal. In the end its still a civic...
Sponsored