• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Does Your 11th Gen Need a Bath? How do you wash your car?

Stryxx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
New car, most will take it to the car wash and call it good, but I like doing things myself and would rather wash it myself. So, to help me and others here, how do you guys wash your cars? 2 bucket method, something more basic or more of a process? What products do you like to use and would recommend? Show off your 11th Gen while its being washed or right after!
Sponsored

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
Check out the subreddit r/autodetailing if you are starting out, they have a very comprehensive wiki on basically anything you could think of asking for starting out.

I usually do 2 bucket wash and spray detailer at a minimum, probably once a month. Once the weather warms up I do a wash, bug remover, take the rims off and clean them with cleaner and a brush, clay bar, and a 2 step compound and polish. Finish off with the turtle wax hybrid solutions ceramic spray.

I also do not drive my car much, maybe 3-4000 kilometres per year and most of that is in the summer so it doesn’t get too dirty usually.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I don't like bending over and touching the water and soap and vehicle, I like the idea of a foam cannon, soap it up and wash it off, but it doesn't work as well as a good scrub.

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Griot's Garage has some good info on detailing from basics to advanced. See: https://www.griotsgarage.com/how-to/wash/. Also, I've found that AutoGeek is well-priced for most quality detailing products (see also their "Geek Center"). My favorite line of products are made by Pinnacle, especially its Black Label Reserve Line - super expensive but the quality shows. Finally, if you have a black or red vehicle, then Pinnacle Black Label Concours Reserve Wax is outstanding.

qwertypop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 S2000, 2022 Sienna, 2023 FL5 Type R
New car, most will take it to the car wash and call it good, but I like doing things myself and would rather wash it myself. So, to help me and others here, how do you guys wash your cars? 2 bucket method, something more basic or more of a process? What products do you like to use and would recommend? Show off your 11th Gen while its being washed or right after!
Like @HawaiiPunch mentioned, the subreddit is a good source. Their Discord is pretty active as well and the people there are quick to respond and help answer your questions. Fair warning though, it’s a bit of a rabbit hole. Quality microfiber towels are in your future.
I have a very similar approach to HawaiiPunch although I do some rinseless washes in between when I don’t have time to do the whole nine yards.

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
Like @HawaiiPunch mentioned, the subreddit is a good source. Their Discord is pretty active as well and the people there are quick to respond and help answer your questions. Fair warning though, it’s a bit of a rabbit hole. Quality microfiber towels are in your future.
I have a very similar approach to HawaiiPunch although I do some rinseless washes in between when I don’t have time to do the whole nine yards.
I picked up P&S absolut
Picked up P&S Absolute rinseless wash and holy what a game changer. You’re right about the rabbit hole though lol
Sponsored