• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Don’t Pay Markups

arsing116

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ GRC CE, 23’ Civic Si (Sold), 14’ Evo X GSR
I'd like to see everyone stick to MSRP or bust but I think there's no way that its going to happen. An extra $5k-$10k is nothing to some people and dealers know this.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Every time someone says "I'm not paying over MSRP" I feel like I move up in line.
I really hope everyone commits to MSRP or bust. I will personally thank each and everyone of you if I get an allocation :)

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
Simply put the idea in this version of the world that no one is going to pay markups is absolutely silly. Even if everyone who sees this post abides by it, the car will still sell out. It's pretty much that simple. Go to ANY Honda dealer at the moment. Ask to see if you can walk around and get a test drive on a Civic, ANY Civic. You can't, demand is beyond supply and all Civic's are being sold before they touch the lot in any region where the local economy isn't bust. This is before you even start accounting for the used market where you're going to be basically paying MSRP for a used 2+ year old car. In a normal market you lose 10% simply driving off the dealer lot buying a new car. There's simply not the options and availability now or the near horizon that will satisfy demand. Your only option is really to wait until allocations start and call every dealer in the US and instead of paying your local markup, you get to deal with 500+ dealer calls, a round trip flight to put down your deposit and setup whatever financing you may need and then cost to freight the car to you. It's up to you to figure out how much that's worth to you and the time frame you'll have the item you're seeking in your hands. It's unfortunate, but dealers across the nation are simply trying to keep their heads above water from the lack of vehicles to sell and an above average group of people sold their cars as they were city folk working from home. Now demand is escalated and you simply have to adapt or miss out.

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Type R, '20 Civic Si Coupe
There's a very old saying in the car business, "there's an ass for every seat." This car could be made in one color of doodoo brown with green and pink interior, and you can bet it would be marked up and suckers will be paying well over MSRP. It happens all the time. Consider this, Honda just released a few days ago that it is cutting their forecast for vehicle sales by 30 percent. This does not bold well for those seeking a "deal" on the Type R. You either will be paying well over sticker for one if you want one, or you'll be at Cars & Coffee taking pics of them.

jaco

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 99 Miata
So where is the dealer on here who wants to hook all of us up?

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
There's a very old saying in the car business, "there's an ass for every seat." This car could be made in one color of doodoo brown with green and pink interior, and you can bet it would be marked up and suckers will be paying well over MSRP. It happens all the time. Consider this, Honda just released a few days ago that it is cutting their forecast for vehicle sales by 30 percent. This does not bold well for those seeking a "deal" on the Type R. You either will be paying well over sticker for one if you want one, or you'll be at Cars & Coffee taking pics of them.
If doodoo brown id just wrap it. Just sayin’

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
So where is the dealer on here who wants to hook all of us up?
I wish I could. We only get one a year. '21 Honda gave us an extra one.

BCP

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic SI
I hope that everyone interested in a new Type R will take some advice, don’t pay a markup. If everyone refuses to pay the markup then there wont be one. No one needs any car so badly that they should pay extra for it.
I was lucky and got the first Type R in Tucson at MSRP. Had a markup been required I would have passed.
My new SI was only marked up $2000 but somehow with add ons the price ended up at $39 k !

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 8, 89 civic si,FK8
I really hope everyone commits to MSRP or bust. I will personally thank each and everyone of you if I get an allocation :)
You can probably get it close to MSRP if you wait a few years when it kinda dies down like the FK8 came out in 2017 and I bought a brand new 2020 FK8. I only paid 1k over instead of some people paying 5k+ when it first came out and it was a local dealer. I didn't have to buy out of state and waste my time and money buying it.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
You can probably get it close to MSRP if you wait a few years when it kinda dies down like the FK8 came out in 2017 and I bought a brand new 2020 FK8. I only paid 1k over instead of some people paying 5k+ when it first came out and it was a local dealer. I didn't have to buy out of state and waste my time and money buying it.
FL9 not the same as FK8. If rumors are true the FL9 allocations in Canada will be 20% of what the FK8 allocations were.

550 units spread across 3 years, 183 units each year for the ENTIRE country. Less than LE allocations.

So no, you will not get it close to MSRP in a few years. Not even close if this is the last manual, ICE Type R. Prices and appreciation will only go up each year if you take the rumors as fact.

Last edited:

pawnstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
FL9 not the same as FK8. If rumors are true the FL9 allocations in Canada will be 20% of what the FK8 allocations were.

550 units spread across 3 years, 183 units each year for the ENTIRE country. Less than LE allocations.

So no, you will not get it close to MSRP in a few years. Not even close if this is the last manual, ICE Type R. Prices and appreciation will only go up each year if you take the rumors as fact.
He doesn't live in Canada.
Sponsored