• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Don’t Pay Markups

DominicHonda

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX, 2023 Honda HR-V EX-L
The dealer I work at is at MSRP, no markup. It's possible but very very rare. Only issue we're encountering is our wait list is 40+ people deep and we don't even know if they will allocate us 40 units over a 4-5 year production lifespan. I don't know how many more we will take.

Production will very much be a concern compared to the FK8. I'll be surprised if they make 2/3rd of the amount this time around.

Dominic
Sponsored

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
They only come in a auto. 60k is way more than id like to spend on a car but I can drive it a couple years and sell, they really hold their value.
Launch control probably wouldn't get old for a while with one of those. 3.6s 0-60 would be a hoot off stoplights

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Launch control probably wouldn't get old for a while with one of those. 3.6s 0-60 would be a hoot off stoplights

The lack of manual and the tucked in infotainment makes it a no go for me but at the same time love the way it looks, power on tap and the seats / quality is posh

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
The dealer I work at is at MSRP, no markup. It's possible but very very rare. Only issue we're encountering is our wait list is 40+ people deep and we don't even know if they will allocate us 40 units over a 4-5 year production lifespan. I don't know how many more we will take.

Production will very much be a concern compared to the FK8. I'll be surprised if they make 2/3rd of the amount this time around.

Dominic
LMAO... 40!

I'd be impressed if you got half that in FK8s!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
From 2018 to 2021 we received 42 Type R's. We are a high volume store.
I assumed you were when you said Chicago and the amount of deposits.

You mentioned your dealers sells at MSRP. Does your Honda competition do so also?

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica

Dominic

I think I spoke w you last spring! Lol you had 25 in line at that time.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Thats about right, they made 50k fk8 and US most likely got 2/3rds and there are 1070 honda dealers.

DominicHonda

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I assumed you were when you said Chicago and the amount of deposits.

You mentioned your dealers sells at MSRP. Does your Honda competition do so also?
No, our nearby stores are over on every car. Could be much higher on the new Type R's. They don't care what we do and we don't care what they do anymore. We have a very loyal customer base and we don't want to upset anyone, I'll leave it at that.
I even placed a deposit myself to be put on the list a month ago. I think I'm #25

Dominic

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
No, our nearby stores are over on every car. Could be much higher on the new Type R's. They don't care what we do and we don't care what they do anymore. We have a very loyal customer base and we don't want to upset anyone, I'll leave it at that.
I even placed a deposit myself to be put on the list a month ago. I think I'm #25

Dominic
Same situation at my store. We end exhausting our our incoming and on order vehicles just before the new order every time.

How are things Odyssey wise for you?

DominicHonda

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same situation at my store. We end exhausting our our incoming and on order vehicles just before the new order every time.

How are things Odyssey wise for you?
We have two available allocations for the Elite but everything else on order or inbound has been spoken for via deposit. We sell really deep into our inventory at the moment. Civic's in general are a joke right now.

nowaytoescape

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
We have two available allocations for the Elite but everything else on order or inbound has been spoken for via deposit. We sell really deep into our inventory at the moment. Civic's in general are a joke right now.
What’s your store and how much of a deposit for the R?