• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TLX Type-S / 2023 Civic Type-R / 2024 HRV EXL
There is the Part.2 video

Suzuka Circuit, Driver Akihiko Nakaya, racing driver& famous “Best Motoring” series presenter
Not bad for a 64-65 year old man to be driving the CTR and getting that time :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2024 Civic Type R
Nice to see Nakaya still doing his stuff!

I remember the olden days when the F355 was doing 2:38 around Suzuka and that was pretty good. We have to remember that Nakaya has a passenger in the car with him, so you have to consider that in his lap times. (I was mistaken.)

Last edited:

FL5ogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laser
There is the Part.2 video

Suzuka Circuit, Driver Akihiko Nakaya, racing driver& famous “Best Motoring” series presenter
The coolant/oil temp reaches 113°C/145°C at the end of 2nd flying lap (after the first partial cooldown lap), the ambient temperature is 28°c
the 2nd flying lap time is 2:30.98. For pure initial comparison use, the official record is 2:23.12/ FK8 LE's 2:23.993

1664227697827.png
Is that not considered hot!?
People are just glossing over these like it's not a big deal. Whats the go?

Rainy4s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VA WRX STI,
Nice to see Nakaya still doing his stuff!

I remember the olden days when the F355 was doing 2:38 around Suzuka and that was pretty good. We have to remember that Nakaya has a passenger in the car with him, so you have to consider that in his lap times.
wait, someone is in the back seat for part2 video? I just watched both part1&2, he didn't include that info

and yep the temp is high but I think it can go higher if you keep pushing it

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wait, someone is in the back seat for part2 video? I just watched both part1&2, he didn't include that info

and yep the temp is high but I think it can go higher if you keep pushing it
Whoops, sorry, my mistake. At first I thought his conversation at the beginning was with someone in the car but I now see that it was a guy outside the car. He also talks later when he's driving to the sad paddock, but I guess he was talking to the camera?

Rainy4s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VA WRX STI,
all good, When I rewatch part2, I thought that person was inside the car, but later realize he was outside talking through the front window and walking away. He should be reviewing the driving feel but the noise is too loud. BTW, just wondering if your id comes from the nickname of Motoharu Kurosawa, sry if it's not

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
all good, When I rewatch part2, I thought that person was inside the car, but later realize he was outside talking through the front window and walking away. He should be reviewing the driving feel but the noise is too loud. BTW, just wondering if your id comes from the nickname of Motoharu Kurosawa, sry if it's not
Of course, my nickname is because I"m a Kurosawa Motoharu fan. :)

Regarding the temperature, I saw a peak of 115 deg just before Spoon corner on the second hot lap. It went back down quickly, so I'm not super concerned.

That LE was going pretty hard also. I'm impressed by that guy, but he was probably overheating for sure.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
That dude was like the fastest old man on the planet. I first saw a video of him driving the S2000 around a track back in like 1999-2000 in dress shoes and no helmet. He set the NA2 NSX Type R record around the Nurburgring. But he's like in his 80s now I believe. Probably still a lot faster than me though at half his age. 🙃

Rainy4s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VA WRX STI,
a new video by another big YouTuber E-CarLife, he said in 17:30 the car for test drive has Cup2 (also bespoke HO marked) tire rather than OE PS4s........I don't know if all the test vehicle has that tire

Last edited:

Rainy4s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VA WRX STI,
Honda didnt stated what tires they used for Suzuka record, and there is possibility they put Cup2C on it, have a look at this media photo.
this might be the answer, the HO marked Cup2's sidewall doesn't look like aftermarket one, it looks like the new Cup2 connect.
11th Gen Honda Civic Drift King and the 2023 Civic Type R 1664251138805

the updated turbo,

11th Gen Honda Civic Drift King and the 2023 Civic Type R 1664251167730

Last edited:

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a new video by another big YouTuber E-CarLife, he said in 17:30 the car for test drive has Cup2 (also bespoke HO marked) tire rather than OE PS4s........I don't know if all the test vehicle has that tire

Yes, i noticed a couple of YouTubers at the event saying they are driving Cup 2 tires. Basically Honda is endorsing them for track events.

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That dude was like the fastest old man on the planet. I first saw a video of him driving the S2000 around a track back in like 1999-2000 in dress shoes and no helmet. He set the NA2 NSX Type R record around the Nurburgring. But he's like in his 80s now I believe. Probably still a lot faster than me though at half his age. 🙃
His wikipedia entry has a good summary of his racing career from the 60s and 70s, and he was also a development driver for the NA1 NSX. At NSXPO, he told us a story about doing Nurburgring laps in the prototype NSX, coming in where engineers would weld in chassis reinforcement, then going back out and do more testing, over and over.

Last edited: