• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Driver Side Seat Rail not Aligned

Club Version

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Championship White
When I adjust the seat forward or back the seat locks one side first and then the other. As a result my seat is slightly angled depending which side locked first.

Does anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
When I adjust the seat forward or back the seat locks one side first and then the other. As a result my seat is slightly angled depending which side locked first.

This is not something I noticed on my vehicle. Photos or videos would certainly be helpful.

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Mine can do this if I don’t really commit to pulling the lever.

Pull the lever well and slide the seat all the way forward or back. That should align the sides. Now, make sure whenever you adjust it, that you have firm hold on the lever. It should stay in alignment.

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c

OP
OP
Club Version

Club Version

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Championship White
If you grab the lever from the far left or far right, instead of middle, it’s likely to happen. Always grab for the center. It does this in mine and my buddies FL5, so I imagine it’s every car. The people who say “no” probably just grab it directly center.
Yea, that’s exactly what it was.

Thank you!

CRTFL5

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5

Happens half of the times I adjust the seat. Was the same on my 22 Si

tezzasaurusrex

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: K20Z1 EK Civic, Golf R Mk7.5, B8 RS4
Build Thread
Link
Yes, there seems to be quite a lot of slop in the way the seat centralises itself within the rails. Any amount of misalignment in the seat rails might result in the rail locks engaging the wrong slots resulting in misalignment of the seat. I had to align my drivers seat rails by loosening the bolts, tweaking the position of the rail, then re-tightening. You'll notice that the bolt holes on the rails are slotted on the rear side, and are a size up on the front holes (allowing a few mm of movement).
Sponsored

Last edited: