• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dyno numbers seem low

awill_89

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Hey guys, just got dyno done and I have seen other people's ctrs with less mods making more power. Its not a huge deal to me I am still happy with the gains, just wondering if by your guys experience if I should be getting more power. Should I try another tuner? Btw dyno was done on 93 not e85.

Tuned on 93 - 434whp/375tq

Full Power Mod List currently installed

Prl P700
Prl Intercooler
Prl Front Pipe
Hondata Jailbreak + Tune
Pipercross Intake
Hondata Fuel System + Hondata fuel pump kit
Cobra Sport Valved Exhaust System
PLM Catted Downpipe

11th Gen Honda Civic Dyno numbers seem low car_1

11th Gen Honda Civic Dyno numbers seem low car_2

11th Gen Honda Civic Dyno numbers seem low dyno_2

11th Gen Honda Civic Dyno numbers seem low prl_front_pipe

11th Gen Honda Civic Dyno numbers seem low prl_intercooler

11th Gen Honda Civic Dyno numbers seem low turbo_p700
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
A dynomometer is a tuning tool that measures mechanical power (torque), nothing more. Don't chase numbers. Different dynos output different results. MAHA, Dyno Dynamics, DynoJet, Dynapack, Mustang, will all output different baseline figures even on the same car. The focus should be on the gains. Please tell me you got a stock baseline.:) What is the delta between your stock FL5 and your current power figures? That will tell the story. If you picked up only 50whp from those mods, then yes, you have a problem. You can also use trap speeds as a proxy for power if you drag race.

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
Looking good.

How does the butt-dyno feel though?

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 CW CTR
Like what Clark said, what were you baseline numbers with and without mods before the big jump in mods.

OP
OP

awill_89

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
A dynomometer is a tuning tool that measures mechanical power (torque), nothing more. Don't chase numbers. Different dynos output different results. MAHA, Dyno Dynamics, DynoJet, Dynapack, Mustang, will all output different baseline figures even on the same car. The focus should be on the gains. Please tell me you got a stock baseline.:) What is the delta between your stock FL5 and your current power figures? That will tell the story. If you picked up only 50whp from those mods, then yes, you have a problem. You can also use trap speeds as a proxy for power if you drag race.
Like what Clark said, what were you baseline numbers with and without mods before the big jump in mods.
I dont have the numbers for stock but the previous dyno with just the tune, exahust, intake I was at 368whp.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
There are lots of variables here but in short I would say these results are in line with what I would expect based on the information provided. I'm not sure what you are comparing your build to but keep in mind that not all posted results on the internet are completely honest and forthcoming.

You should post a copy of the dyno chart so that we can see the full power curve.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
What everyone else is saying. Dynos are a tool but there are a ton of environmental variables including the machine, the operator, ambient temps, humidity... on and on.

The bottom line here is that you're basically getting another 70 WHP compared to your previous setup with just a tune and intake. To me, that's some pretty impressive gains.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Integra Type S
Hey guys, just got dyno done and I have seen other people's ctrs with less mods making more power. Its not a huge deal to me I am still happy with the gains, just wondering if by your guys experience if I should be getting more power. Should I try another tuner? Btw dyno was done on 93 not e85.

Tuned on 93 - 434whp/375tq

Full Power Mod List currently installed

Prl P700
Prl Intercooler
Prl Front Pipe
Hondata Jailbreak + Tune
Pipercross Intake
Hondata Fuel System + Hondata fuel pump kit
Cobra Sport Valved Exhaust System
PLM Catted Downpipe

car_1.jpg

car_2.jpg