• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Everyone makes a guess of the new 2022 Si horsepower number!

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
210* but will feel like 180 and be slower than the 10th gen by .5 seconds. #overit
Sponsored

loslalane

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
I'll just go with the power of dreams 220hp @6500rpm with 200lb-ft torque ?. I'm going to bed early!

OP
OP

LittleturboSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
It is 200...........Si finally and officially becomes a trim of Civic Sedan. No more need to carry the sport/performance image burden like before. Happy retirement and leaves this job to the R.

Last edited:
OP
OP

LittleturboSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Last time they called the 10th gen "the most powerful Civic Si ever", and they were NOT lying! Honda is now calling this 11th gen "the best-handling and most fun-to-drive Civic Si ever".

So for the 12th gen when there will be not much room to improve, will they just call it "the most special Civic Si ever"? :headbang:

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
12th won't exist. All electric after this.
I can kinda see this being the last generation of Si as well. Both between the Integra incoming and Honda's electrification goals... I think the Integra will take over as the tweener performance car... sport and sport touring models will exist as the sporty option civics, and hopefully the CTR will continue as the sole true performance variant civic as they move to electric powertrains. But it also spells the end of manuals all together.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
The end of manuals maybe. I dont see this as the last Si. Yes they will have an all electric Civic as an option, but he Si will charge on. The Integra won't cut into Civic sales just like it never cut into Civic sales when it was around in the past. EV will most likely come to the higher tier models first like the MDX, Ridegline, Odyssey and Pilot.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
The end of manuals maybe. I dont see this as the last Si. Yes they will have an all electric Civic as an option, but he Si will charge on. The Integra won't cut into Civic sales just like it never cut into Civic sales when it was around in the past. EV will most likely come to the higher tier models first like the MDX, Ridegline, Odyssey and Pilot.
Given that MOST current EV's use single speed transmissions... unless someone invents a reason for multiple (5+) gears in an EV I would say it's probably the end (when we get to that point).

I agree to start full EV will come to higher end models first. Lower tier models like civic, integra, CRV, etc will make use of more advanced Hybrid setups first before going full EV.

While the Civic and Integra might not have competed so closely in the past, the small car market is also shrinking, causing more and more overlap in potential cross shopping. The integra won't hurt regular civic sales, but for a lot (not all) shoppers, if you can get what amounts to an Si with more features, power, and auto option for an assumingely relatively small price increase, quite a few people will do it. I'm not saying I want the Si to die... and the car market is always shifting and changing (just a spike in gas prices could suddenly drive people back to smaller cars again), it's just kind of what I'm seeing based on how things are currently going. Honda didn't seem to even blink an eye at cancelling all it's coupes due to low sales, IF the Si gets to that point it might get the same, or at least won't be the same kind of Si we think of now... it'll just be sport/sport touring models badged as Si without any meaningful performance increases beyond suspension tweaks.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Given that MOST current EV's use single speed transmissions... unless someone invents a reason for multiple (5+) gears in an EV I would say it's probably the end (when we get to that point).

I agree to start full EV will come to higher end models first. Lower tier models like civic, integra, CRV, etc will make use of more advanced Hybrid setups first before going full EV.

While the Civic and Integra might not have competed so closely in the past, the small car market is also shrinking, causing more and more overlap in potential cross shopping. The integra won't hurt regular civic sales, but for a lot (not all) shoppers, if you can get what amounts to an Si with more features, power, and auto option for an assumingely relatively small price increase, quite a few people will do it. I'm not saying I want the Si to die... and the car market is always shifting and changing (just a spike in gas prices could suddenly drive people back to smaller cars again), it's just kind of what I'm seeing based on how things are currently going. Honda didn't seem to even blink an eye at cancelling all it's coupes due to low sales, IF the Si gets to that point it might get the same, or at least won't be the same kind of Si we think of now... it'll just be sport/sport touring models badged as Si without any meaningful performance increases beyond suspension tweaks.
Well if they keep watering down the Si I agree that they will eventually just get rid of it or let Acura carry on with it in the Integra. I still dont understand why they dont make an Si hatch. I know people will say because of the Type R, but again I disagree. The WRX and Sti made it work and I think the Si/CTR can make it work. I would jump into an Si hatch in a heartbeat.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
It's missing the fake vents vs 10th gen, so obviously it will be 195hp.

(Easily rectified by red badges front & rear, back to 205 hp)
The power of the rice held true
Sponsored