• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Accord Fastback. It is losing the Civic edge... disappointing at the moment... but then again, I wasn't very fond of the 10th gen when it came out. It grew on me, and by the time I was done with my 8th gen (rear ended)... I wanted the 2019 hatchback. Ya never know... ?
Sponsored

freezingmoon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
LAME... the only redemption possible would be a bigger motor... this offering looos shameful...

Starion

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Starion - modded
Yuck and ZZZZZZzzzzz. Trying to blend in much?

Boring same tired old mundane look as dozens of other cars.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
When the 10th gen came out I was one of those who said it was overstyled and complained about the vents. But, it WAS a huge leap over the 9th gen. A very bold design by Honda.

This 11th gen looks like a step back and Honda playing it safe.

11th gen... no coupe, somewhat dull design. Are they trying to attract more soccer moms?

Last edited:

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
First impressions are that the rear looks pretty good and the front looks like doodoo. I'll give it a chance as seeing a car in a more aggressive trim and certain paint colors can really affect how I feel about it.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 SGP FK7, ‘20 PWP FC1 si, ‘22 LSM FE2 (soon)
I was never a car guy, or honda guy... but xgen sedan was one of those cars that were love at first sight, then when I saw the hatch, I was even more blown away... can’t say the same about the xigen... I guess I’ll reserve final judgment until we see actual pics, or eventually see one on the road.

SENTINEL7

S E N T I N E L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Civic
Bro, what happened? I WAS a big Civic fan. I've owned 3. I doubt that I could ever buy another Civic again. This jonk is boring af. Look at that behemoth! Remember the Civic from 1998? That's a classic beast. Them days are gone bro. Who tf is designing at Honda now? Take the show back to Japan dude. Even Camry's are hotter than Civics now and that is sad. Camry's were once called toasters because they looked like an appliance. Civic definitely deserves that title.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey EX-L '18 Civic SI Sedan '94 300zx twin turbo 2001 Ford F-150 Sport
Just thinking of an incremental update... Insights have a Cd of .25. CTRs supposedly have a .26. Regular Civics should be in the .27 range from some extrapolation and claims. It might be good for a little bit more highway efficiency by essentially trickling down the Insight design. I can’t see engine efficiency getting much better on their current motor. They could get get some taller gearing in manuals... the CVTs already seem geared pretty high. We shall see. Sis have been stuck at ~200 hp for 3 generations... though gen 10 other trims had massively more power/performance with either choice of the K20C2 or non-Si L15B7.l compared to earlier base engines. There was such an improvement in handling and performance while still achieving better fuel economy and updating the infotainment and instrument clusters to be more modern, it will, I think be hard to not pull another gen 9 and just have an okay car if they play it safe. The design seems very Insight-lifted and safe.

I’m very interested in what powertrain they’re going to use. Honda used pretty mature DI and turbocharging to their beefed up existing L engine to get what they got. Mazda and Nissan have done their spark ignition and variable compression tech... and certainly the former could be implemented (I read some tech stuff awhile back saying Honda was experimenting with it). Those technologies coupled with the US adopting readily available higher octane fuels (>93) could make 50 mpgs the new 40 what’s considered “good” in a small/midsized car for highways mileage just like 30 was considered good 20-30 years ago.

We shall see...

eneka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clarity EV
Am I the
If anyone know hondas, one would argue that the new 11th Gen civic looks awfully similar in comparison to its aged brother the Honda Crosstour. Just smaller

96B8B9E5-F59A-4ACC-A925-18DBBC4D1AEB.jpeg
I feel like the current Clarity is the real successor of the Crosstour

11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 10.20.19 AM

this new hatch looks more like the insight than anything else to me

11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 10.21.46 AM

SENTINEL7

S E N T I N E L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Civic
Am I the

I feel like the current Clarity is the real successor of the Crosstour

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 10.20.19 AM.png

this new hatch looks more like the insight than anything else to me

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 10.21.46 AM.png
Still all yuck though. I remember the Acura Integra Type R (we'll never see those days again). Why do corporations abandon what works? Why do people listen to suits?

dgenito

First Name
Darcie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Can you see the blatant similarities?
That's a 2018 Charger on top.

inCollage_20200929_122434070~3.jpg
Yes! This is exactly what I came here to post. The back looks exactly alike. The front end reminds me of a newer scion tC or something else. I really feel like it's losing it's Civic characteristics and becoming something completely different. Will have to see it in person I guess.
Sponsored