• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I've had this discussion before with people about car designs and how new vehicles tend to "look alike". It is true that certain design elements get copied, it's all about trends and what is popular. But a bigger part of car design is safety. Anyone who's ever looked at the actual guidelines for a car to be road legal and pass crash/pedestrian safety leaves little room for very much innovation or uniqueness. Every angle, corner, fender, has to exist within a certain safety margin, every measurement, body panel, etc has to also pass these requirements. Combine that with requirements for engines, turbos, and the electrical wiring/tech that most new cars have now, and it's an overall recipe for sameness from brand to brand.

Brands now are having to rely more heavily on their corporate face being translated through things like head/tail light graphics, LED signatures because the overall shape of cars has to exist in these safety margins. It means that it takes a keener eye for small details to really see the outstanding differences from car to car (a certain crease, an LED shape, a specific grille opening) because most cars and crossovers, take away the lights and the logos, and you're left with VERY similar vehicles in terms of overall shape and design.

It can be said that older cars were more unique. Had more extreme and outlandish styling. But they were also 2 ton death machines, if not for the passengers, but most definitely for any pedestrian unlucky enough to be hit by one. Design homogenization is an unfortunate price we have to pay for safety and the engineering/tech we've come to expect.

That said, the rear hatch lights DO look alot like the Kia stinger... but there are worse looking cars to be compared to. :) I also would've liked to see honda do a slightly more traditional hatch shape, or even look back on the 8th gen hatch rear end, rather than go the sedan liftback route.
Sponsored

deolsunny533

First Name
deolsunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DVFS
Wow! what a scoop and much earlier than I thought we would see this kind of leak.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Don't know if anybody mentioned it yet, but in the side profile comparo between Gen10 and Gen11 Civics, it seems the Gen11 Civic has improved outward visibility. The lower window beltline has been lowered as it approaches the rear of the car (whereas it swoops up on Gen10) and the front windshield definitely has a lower cowl than the Gen10, it's pretty clear that the Gen11 cowl is now about the same height as the front window beltline, which really should give this car a similar feeling to old-school Hondas that had excellent outward visibility. I like it. Many car companies have been squeezing out the outward view (Mazda3, Camaro, etc) and this Gen11 really seems to be bucking that trend.

I know y'all really like the claw taillights and swoopy, exaggerated styling of your Gen10 Civics, but I'm one of those guys who misses the mid-90's Hondas and really appreciates how this new Gen11 car seems to be leaning more conservative. I saw the interior/dash images in the other thread and I really do get a 92+ Civic vibe from the dash. Which I like.

SSJBart2003

My 2018 Honda Civic Hatch EX - Vegeta approved
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatch EX
I’m confused is this the regular 2022 civic sedan then? If not since when did the Civic have a hatchback model?
Either way it. It’s not too boring (Mostly Bc of the tail lights) and not too wild.

two more questions...

1-what’s the deal with the trunk? Looks like the rear glass will open up as well?

2- When will this be released? My current civic lease is up in May 2021. Any chance we see these available by then?
Hello. I want to make sure I’m reading your post right. Are you saying you were unaware Honda has a Hatchback available for the Civic? If so, then yes the 10th Generation Civic became available in 2016 and in 2017 they introduced the “Hatch”. I have a 2018 Hatch EX in Agean Blue.
The rear hatch door is perfect for loading bigger cargo which a Sedan trunk would never allow me to do. If only it was automatic! Lol.
The 11th Gen look....ehh... the side profile looks like a Accord Crosstour and the rear one looks like a Dodge Dart! Ouch.
11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images B04B41F0-E4F4-4C64-9AAF-7BE6BE7112B6

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Looks so.... mundane...

10th gen was so sharp and it looks softer now, gives me honda insight vibes
Insight insight for the CG11 aka nextgen Insight?

I t’s-yuck
N ot-original
S porty-or
I nteresting
G ambles
H onda’s
T rademark

thewestisblue

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
i heard rumors of a power bump, do we have any idea how much? and after ktuner?

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
They better do something right with the new type r that model doesn’t look to good as a hatch, if it stays with the same drivetrain then the 10th gen ctr will be the favorite to have as it looks much better with more agresive lines

WIsilverstacker

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
and I was partial to 1st gen Mustangs and hardtop 70s GM muscle. I had no frame of reference for the jellybean.
That was all of us Teens in the early to mid 80's. Even as late as 2000 I wanted to buy a 66 Mustang. Actually, I'd STILL like to have one. Make me a 66 Mustang that you don't need to strap a gas station to and I'll hop at it. I am still mad my dad wouldn't let me buy one for 1500 bucks in 83. Sooooo, I really like my civic and am holding my judgement on the 2022 until I see one in person.

Sphinxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
Not a huge fan of the 11th Gen. Lost its sporty look, fewer curves, less personality. Disappointed how it looks like any other car brand on the road. Does not stand out from the crowd from the front and the rear. For me, I agree with some that it looks boring, when the 10th Gen came out, it was a big change from the 9th Gen.

When I was out for a new car that time, Civic was the best looking car against Corolla, Cruze, Sentra, Mazda3, and Elantra. Without question got the Civic, the best decision at that time. You can easily spot Civics from the traffic of cars when driving with its distinct personality and crazy tail lights. Now the next Gen is just plain and simple, I doubt it will attract younger drivers as it lost its cool sporty vibe. I will stick with my 10th Gen without feeling any regret getting the upcoming Civic.

Who knows maybe its a marketing strategy, the odd-numbered Generations are kept a simple and safe design to appeal to people who don't want any attention and even-numbered Generations are for wild, sporty, attention-grabbing designs for the youthful and people who want to stay young. So keeping my fingers crossed for the 12th Gen.

Dario1101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback LX-MODEL
It looks so... Tame... compared to the 10th generation hatchback. Honda really set themselves apart with the 10th generation in this modern era, but now it's going back to a more subdued and less sleek style it seems. That's alright for many consumers of course, but I know most of us are enthusiasts who love how "sporty" the 10th generation Civic looks.

Last edited:

ManualOnly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
It looks so... Tame... compared to the 10th generation hatchback. Honda really set themselves apart with the 10th generation in this modern era, but now it's going back to a more subdued and sleek style it seems. That's alright for many consumers of course, but I know most of us are enthusiasts who love how "sporty" the 10th generation Civic looks.
I think you mean *less* "sleek style".

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
The previous Civic Type R was generation X as in ten and eXcellent.

The nextgen Civic Type R is logical, what comes after X?

That’d be Y as in yawn and yuck.
:stirthepot:

Imagination04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
Who knows maybe its a marketing strategy, the odd-numbered Generations are kept a simple and safe design to appeal to people who don't want any attention and even-numbered Generations are for wild, sporty, attention-grabbing designs for the youthful and people who want to stay young. So keeping my fingers crossed for the 12th Gen.
In a different context the Civic generations are like the Star Trek original cast movies. The odd numbered Star Trek movies were not that good, but the even numbered ones were great.

I have a 2016 Civic coupe and the one reason I bought it was because of the exterior styling. Now it's down to either getting a 2021 Civic HB (last of the Xgen) or making my 2016 last.
Sponsored