• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Fender vent mesh?

DeathB4Dishonr

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Not sure how you guys are sliding it in far enough to be screwed through without pulling the push pins?

I bought a push pin plier and promptly blew one of them up - those things aren't right man. I'll assume I can use a generic replacement but if anyone has a "known good" I won't say know to that info.
I cut mine around 10" long and then trimmed to fit after holding it up for eyeball measurements. Slid in just fine and I left it wide enough to have the 2 screws catch the mesh. Haven't had any issues with it shifting position on me.
Those that have done this, did you remove the front wheels or is there enough room without having to remove them?
Plenty of room if you turn the wheel full lock to the correct side.
Sponsored

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
I cut mine around 10" long and then trimmed to fit after holding it up for eyeball measurements. Slid in just fine and I left it wide enough to have the 2 screws catch the mesh. Haven't had any issues with it shifting position on me.

Plenty of room if you turn the wheel full lock to the correct side.
Yeah, my template looks a lot different - much shorter. Using a flathead the rivets come out easily and it's how I'd recommend doing it since you can pull the fender liner well out of the way.

DeathB4Dishonr

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Yeah, my template looks a lot different - much shorter. Using a flathead the rivets come out easily and it's how I'd recommend doing it since you can pull the fender liner well out of the way.
I was just worried about breaking the plastic rivets and I was a little impatient. I thought about buying some replacement rivets and waiting but I said screw it. I wanted to get it done and I already had to put it off for a week or 2 due to injuring my hand at work.

kmkiger

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2023 Type R
Those that have done this, did you remove the front wheels or is there enough room without having to remove them?
I only had to remove the two fasteners. Did not have to move or remove the tires. Pretty simple and useful mod.

D0n.Quix0te

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #5859
Bought automotive mesh, thanks for the idea and the install went well. Was worried about breaking the clips the entire time after what you mentioned @Icehawk lol, but thankfully didn’t.

11th Gen Honda Civic Fender vent mesh? IMG_8145

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
I got the Amazon mesh and did it today, pretty easy but the clips were totally hopeless and I obliterated them all lol. I have a big box of the most popular clips which had the exact one so it worked out.
Sponsored