• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
It is a lot of red 😅
High-wall black rubber floor mats will help break it up
Key will be finding ones that are high enough to cover most of the carpet but low enough to show a bit of trim 👍

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
Tuxmat got you covered on that. Ososik has them in their Si.

Honda Civic Sedan/Hatchback Custom Car Mats with Max Coverage | TuxMat
I'm considering these as well. I love the red carpets and even the red mats, but I want to preserve the mats as much as I do the carpet underneath, which kind of defeats the purpose of the mats in the first place. So I'm thinking the red mats might go in a box, with TuxMats to be installed in their place. The coverage the TuxMats provide seems unbeatable.

Reactions: Z3N

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I'm considering these as well. I love the red carpets and even the red mats, but I want to preserve the mats as much as I do the carpet underneath, which kind of defeats the purpose of the mats in the first place. So I'm thinking the red mats might go in a box, with TuxMats to be installed in their place. The coverage the TuxMats provide seems unbeatable.
I’ve heard nothing but good things about them. Will probably my first purchase when I get my FL5

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Having looked through all the pics and imagining myself inside the cabin, with the dark floor mats, I don't think there will be an overwhelming red feeling tbh. There is def a lot of red, but I think it will all complement well.
The mirror caps being black this time around (vs red on the fk8) help give your eyes more black trim when seated to go along with the red from the roofline. Once the floor mats are in, carpet now moves to a red trim on majority black. The red lighting on the door panels will match the overall dual-contrast theme as well with the remainder of the dark paneling on the doors.

Overall, I think black has the edge for dual-contrast, since red remains less abundant and more of a trim throughout, but methinks red will be unique and aesthetically pleasing in its own way. 👍

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Having looked through all the pics and imagining myself inside the cabin, with the dark floor mats, I don't think there will be an overwhelming red feeling tbh. There is def a lot of red, but I think it will all complement well.
The mirror caps being black this time around (vs red on the fk8) help give your eyes more black trim when seated to go along with the red from the roofline. Once the floor mats are in, carpet now moves to a red trim on majority black. The red lighting on the door panels will match the overall dual-contrast theme as well with the remainder of the dark paneling on the doors.

Overall, I think black has the edge for dual-contrast, since red remains less abundant and more of a trim throughout, but methinks red will be unique and aesthetically pleasing in its own way. 👍
FWIW, I don’t think that red on red is overwhelming by any stretch.

Some of the most desirable cars ever made were mostly sought-after with the red on red combo. For example, the Imola red e39 M5 with red interior always dictated a high premium over the other colors. Granted, it didn’t come with red carpets, but it was flashy enough for such an expensive car.

I think red on red is hot af and likely to be overlooked by many. This guy bought a G80 M3 with red on red on red (calipers) and it looks stunning IMO:

Reactions: Z3N