• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

scuderia_miso

First Name
Teddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, FA5, AP2
Does anyone with an AWE Touring exhaust still wish (sometimes) that they still have the usage of the factory valves?
Not at all for me, I think it's perfect. I haven't done a ton of long highway drives though.

I built a Titanium "track edition" conversion for fun and even that wasn't too bad but bugged me enough to switch it back after a couple weeks.

It's always hard to judge different people's noise tolerance though.
Sponsored

Nene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Anyone selling their OEM exhaust in the NYC area?

scittbox

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5
Does anyone with an AWE Touring exhaust still wish (sometimes) that they still have the usage of the factory valves?

The AWE along with the diamond black tips and the price point are most attractive to me right now, but wonder if I’ll really miss the ability for the exhaust to quiet right back up on long highway drives.
AWE on my FK8 drove me nuts. Stock downpipe, touring edition. Replaced it with HKS Spec-L and loved it. Curious to see where I’ll go on the FL5

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
AWE on my FK8 drove me nuts. Stock downpipe, touring edition. Replaced it with HKS Spec-L and loved it. Curious to see where I’ll go on the FL5
What was the specific issue with the AWE?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Boost Logic is currently developing an exhaust system for the FL5. FYI - Slip fit connections will be used.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Thanks for posting this. The Boost Logic exhaust sounds terrible on the FK8 so I didn't expect anything different for the FL5
terrible btw. It's a shame there are a bounty of exhaust options for the FL5 and nearly all of them are no good.

DustyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
I don't see the Remark SS exhaust up there. I have a couple not so amazing clips I took for a guy on here debating the purchase. Remark also has their own vid.

I've had the exhaust on for a week now and my initial thoughts were that it was loud and I made a huge mistake. looking back it was the combination of a new exhaust and rear MM that made the car vibrate a ton and loud. After a week the exhaust had time to break in and quiet down. It's not a loud exhaust by any means especially with the windows up. But with the windows down it sounds really good. You get gurgles on shifts and it comes alive when you get on it. Also comes with a front pipe which is a bonus. I daily my car so for me it's perfect. Anyone looking for something rowdy this aint the one. Can't comment on how it compares to others but I will acknowledge that this is one of the cheaper options and has no valve(which is a positive imo). To me, it's been great value for money.

Robo7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
Thanks for posting this. The Boost Logic exhaust sounds terrible on the FK8 so I didn't expect anything different for the FL5
terrible btw. It's a shame there are a bounty of exhaust options for the FL5 and nearly all of them are no good.
I’ve been pretty disappointed how similar everything sounds and none of it sounds particularly good. In your opinion which exhaust options sound good enough to justify the price (If any)?

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5
I’ve been pretty disappointed how similar everything sounds and none of it sounds particularly good. In your opinion which exhaust options sound good enough to justify the price (If any)?
Due to the single port head most of the systems will sound the same. At this point I'm looking for the one that visually looks the best to me.

Last edited:

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
It is disappointing, but it's a function of the design of the block. There are no longer traditional exhaust ports like on the B, H, and the predecessor K motors. While there are a host of benefits of a single exhaust port, the unintended consequence is exhaust tuning is more difficult. From what I've gathered, the manufacturers who have gotten innovative with piping diameter, use of resonators and placement, and muffler design have seperated themselves. That doesn't always translate to popularity because of price. Price justification is personal. I place a premium on the following charactersitics: connections (flange over slip fit), materials, volume and tone, design, and construction quality. At this time I would only consider purchasing the below and in this order:

Fujitsubo A-RM+c
Amuse R1 Titan
HKS Legamax Sports
Kakimoto Racing Class KR Triple Tip

kevinh

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2019 Honda insight
Blitz fl5 exhaust