• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 Alignment Specs

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I've been wondering about the alignment spec. I was pretty close except the Front Caster.

People swear the removal of the Strut Mount Guide Pin can yield more Front Camber. I wonder how significant of a change is there.

OP
OP
yeaitsahonda

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
I did a reading before and after removing the pins on mine. I got an additional -.3°. Highly doubt it will make a significant impact on how the car drives but I’m hoping it will keep the tires from killing the outer sidewall at the track. From my research that was an issue with the FK8.

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Sidewall stiffness is a factor. I'm sure you'll find out soon if maxing out the Front Camber is enough for the track you are driving.

dandaman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 RDX, 2023 Type R
Sidewall stiffness is a factor but the amount of grip the tires have will still overwhelm -1* quickly. In my old FA5 I daily drove -2.7* all the time and didn't notice any extra wear over 10k miles over what the track does. Around -2 to -2.5* is a decent compromise between daily drive ability, track performance, and tire life.

OP
OP
yeaitsahonda

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Yea I'd love to get some more camber in it but I also really want to keep the car as stock as possible. I'll run this year and if it's killing tires I'll look into fixing it over next winter.
Sponsored