• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 CTR Pre booking check in and dealer price discussion

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
I figure I can post again here, but I got a call+text from my dealership today. They said the FL5 CTR was now in their system and they could "place an order as of this evening" and asked me what colour I wanted. Also stated pricing should be released in the next few weeks.

Apparently the dealership Director was on a call today as well and was told production would only be for 2.5 years.

All that being said I'll believe something is happening once I get something more concrete.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
I'm curious as to what they mean by "place an order", it sounds like it's build to order (which we all know it isn't) but why BS about it.

DeSanke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Time for new one
^^ Man, they still have Japanese spec models on the Canadian website. What is going on, lol.

I noticed a few people mentioning they are hearing things from Canadian dealers... before I reach out to mine (and annoy them again), how many people are getting e-mails or calls from their dealers right now?
Received a call simply asking colour preference, but no other details.

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
I have my name at a few dealers in NS. I got an email from one telling me they won't be able to get me a car this year. Nothing from the other dealers. Man with the interest rate so high you'd think we would be able to get a CTR, but guess too many people out there with too much money :p

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
I'm curious as to what they mean by "place an order", it sounds like it's build to order (which we all know it isn't) but why BS about it.
Agreed, hence why I put it in quotations haha. I presume they can "place orders" for what they would prefer to receive, and then Honda tries to somewhat match it with what is already in the production pipeline.

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
Good info, we should keep this thread active for us Canadians as there seems to be a bit more info north of the border

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
From what I'm experiencing, I was told to choose my top 2 because about 20ish are coming to the Caribbean and they want to make sure they place the list of buyers' preferences on that request. At least, that's what I was told. I understand that they want to get people their preferences (mine being sonic grey pearl and championship white) even if it means getting a top 2 to make sure they sell the amount they request. I know it'll still sell but after all, these are dealerships that have their own systems in place and it's a mess for that same reason. Honda, the company and manufacturer, wants to do things a certain way but have to adapt to their customers / the dealerships that sell to us and their systems.

I think they say "place an order" to maybe simplify an otherwise complex problem without having a buyer freak out about how stupid it really is. Just my take on this. I think they're stocking up that port in Cali so that there's a big reveal on pricing and an event for press drives and extensive reviews and then they'll hit that green button to allow a "first wave" for buyers.

ๆƒนRaizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
Glad to see the thread active again! ๐Ÿ˜€

Just posting this even I posted it in the other thread. I literally just got a response from a dealer in BC and no info yet. In AB dealer, was informed that they will only get 2 Type Rs in a span of next year till early 2024.

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
Good info seems in line with what my dealer said. These things should hold their value nicely being so limited in Canada.

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
Dealer update (BC):
Still no new information, all they can tell me is they are expecting 1 to 2 cars at most

Good info seems in line with what my dealer said. These things should hold their value nicely being so limited in Canada.
Personally I don't really care about this. I just wish they would make enough of them for people that want them.

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
Update: I directly asked where I am in the line this week... the response was that there are "a number of customers" who ordered the old Type-R that will be going ahead of me in line for the new one.

Being that they are expecting 1 or 2 cars... and "a number of customers" sounds like at least 2, I'd say the dream is dead.

Peace-out boyz. Good luck.

ๆƒนRaizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
Update: I directly asked where I am in the line this week... the response was that there are "a number of customers" who ordered the old Type-R that will be going ahead of me in line for the new one.

Being that they are expecting 1 or 2 cars... and "a number of customers" sounds like at least 2, I'd say the dream is dead.

Peace-out boyz. Good luck.
You are in BC area too if Iโ€™m not mistaken. Havenโ€™t you considered checking nearby province?

Montrealer

First Name
Montrealer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th Gen Civic SI
Hey guys, anyone who already placed an order in Canada (real order, not down payment) having an estimated delivery date?