• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
I don't know how any of you can drive these cars as dailies without having massaging seats, 60 way ambient lighting ,power fold down screens, powered running boards, ionizer, fragrance options, hands free traffic assist, auto trans, heated armrests, self leveling air ride, soft close doors, biometric doors, cooled storage, rear seat recliners among others.
Sponsored

jayely14

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
992 GT3, Model Y
I don't know how any of you can drive these cars as dailies without having massaging seats, 60 way ambient lighting ,power fold down screens, powered running boards, ionizer, fragrance options, hands free traffic assist, auto trans, heated armrests, self leveling air ride, soft close doors, biometric doors, cooled storage, rear seat recliners among others.
Some people actually feel this way too though lol

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Is it crazy to use either of these as a daily driver in the north east?

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Type R vs DE5 Integra Type S | Savagegeese pulsar-with-both-Ts-wagon-off
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Type R vs DE5 Integra Type S | Savagegeese gold pulsar-pic

Years ago, this is the model car i drove as a daily through Chicago winters. We had one of ea color just like these 2 -- It was a 5speed with FWD.

It was also the most fun car! We could swap out the backs and T-tops so it was a coupe, a wagon, a convertible, a truck... whatever we wanted it to be [Note that they used one of these to parade Big Bird of SS around in the open back]. It seated 4, but wasn't easy for passengers, so can't do it now. Always wished there would be another, but nothing like it since. :cry:

Put some good tires on it. Only ever got stuck once trying to drive through a big snowbank... but the car was so light i just pushed it out. LOL

My main point is...if that car could do it, then it inspired me to get the FL5 here in Chicago. And, i'm not alone... several of us on here are going to be using this as a daily in northern cities.

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Just drove from Toronto to Texas, over 3 days across the continent in my new Type S.

Will be my daily driver and wow it was the perfect car, incredible ride, great seats, and an engaging sound. Easily amongst the best cars Iā€™ve ever driven. Shifter cant tell much difference than a 911, if not better (I havent driven gt3 to compare).

Probably wouldnā€™t have nearly as much fun in a 2500km road trip in the Type R. Also glad it didnā€™t have a wing to attract unnecessary attention in rural Murica pitstops.

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Type R vs DE5 Integra Type S | Savagegeese IMG_7024

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Type R vs DE5 Integra Type S | Savagegeese IMG_6981

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Type R vs DE5 Integra Type S | Savagegeese IMG_7031

wrxdev13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, FL5 CTR
Just drove from Toronto to Texas, over 3 days across the continent in my new Type S.

Will be my daily driver and wow it was the perfect car, incredible ride, great seats, and an engaging sound. Easily amongst the best cars Iā€™ve ever driven. Shifter cant tell much difference than a 911, if not better (I havent driven gt3 to compare).

Probably wouldnā€™t have nearly as much fun in a 2500km road trip in the Type R. Also glad it didnā€™t have a wing to attract unnecessary attention in rural Murica pitstops.

IMG_7024.jpeg

IMG_6981.jpeg

IMG_7031.jpeg
Nice Speedmaster reverse panda

N4nn3r

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 ITS

IMG_7024.jpeg

IMG_6981.jpeg

IMG_7031.jpeg
Did you end up ppfā€™ing your front end and fenders? Curious if thereā€™s been some rock chips and shit from your trip.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R

IMG_7024.jpeg

IMG_6981.jpeg

IMG_7031.jpeg
I'm glad you found an ITS and it's everything you hoped for. What's most interesting is you never pass up an opportunity to take a swipe at the FL5. Seems a bit juvenile and kinda lame. Just take up residence on the Integra Forums as I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms.

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
I'm glad you found an ITS and it's everything you hoped for. What's most interesting is you never pass up an opportunity to take a swipe at the FL5. Seems a bit juvenile and kinda lame. Just take up residence on the Integra Forums as I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms.
Yeah its actually very annoying now. I'm trying to understand the purpose of all these posts.

Its like he wants acceptance or something and is going to keep nudging until he gets it. Maybe he secretly regrets buying the ITS and wants the R, and by making all these posts it will make him feel better about his choice.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
Yeah its actually very annoying now. I'm trying to understand the purpose of all these posts.

Its like he wants acceptance or something and is going to keep nudging until he gets it. Maybe he secretly regrets buying the ITS and wants the R, and by making all these posts it will make him feel better about his choice.
as soon as I see the comment about the wing, I know this person is a bit grudgy...and it seems like he/she actually wants the attention if he/she actually mention the wing. Just go to the Integra forum; you'll get less resistance there. I'm shocked about is he/she didn't say the Integra seat are better than the type R seats :)...he/she said "great seats"...

no way this person is happy with his/her purchase...

the ITS is a great car, but to say it's better than the R, is a stretch at best.

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
as soon as I see the comment about the wing, I know this person is a bit grudgy...and it seems like he/she actually wants the attention if he/she actually mention the wing. Just go to the Integra forum; you'll get less resistance there. I'm shocked about is he/she didn't say the Integra seat are better than the type R seats :)...he/she said "great seats"...

no way this person is happy with his/her purchase...

the ITS is a great car, but to say it's better than the R, is a stretch at best.
I am only posting on a thread agreeing to the findings of Savagegeese and others.

Will share pics once the CTR arrives, great car canā€™t go wrong at MSRP.

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Did you end up ppfā€™ing your front end and fenders? Curious if thereā€™s been some rock chips and shit from your trip.
Yeah thereā€™s 1 small rock chip, otherwise paint held up well with good wash and polish.

Long term i want to likely wrap it anyways in a fun color, so I was okay not ceramic coating this.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
The Type R doesn't have an auto-dimming mirror?

That's actually pretty inexcusable.

That said I'm looking at Type R tomorrow. Not in the mood to be on a never-ending waitlist for an ITS.

Bazgab

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
The FL5 seats are mind-blowing to me, most comfortable seats ever once you are in position. Way more comfy than my M2 seats. I guess fun = comfort to you on a long road trip. I don't know about the FL5 being less "fun" in this respect compared to the ITS since the ITS seats remind me of my M2 seats somewhat, having sat in both. The suspension on "Comfort" is also just fine in the FL5 compared to what I am used to.

I have only done a 4-5 hour long drive in the FL5 after taking delivery and that was after being in a rental car + Uber for almost 6 hours combined. I felt way more comfortable and less fatigued in the FL5 on the back end of that trip than I did part way through the front end of the trip.
Sponsored