• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front VS Rear Wheel Gap FL5

TchnoZ33

First Name
Zaid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
I have a question, and I’m sorry if this is stupid. But my front has about a 3.5 finger gap in the front and only 2 finger gap in the rear. Is it normal to have such a large difference between the front and back? I’m running 18s with 265/40/18 tires.
Sponsored

OP
OP

TchnoZ33

First Name
Zaid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
I posted a picture for reference as well…

11th Gen Honda Civic Front VS Rear Wheel Gap FL5 IMG_7849

11th Gen Honda Civic Front VS Rear Wheel Gap FL5 IMG_7851

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yes. It is normal. There is a thread about this and it has to do with making sure the front wheels have enough clearance when braking. Keep in mind most of the car’s weight is in front. In your pics, I agree it looks like there’s excessive clearance. I noticed the same thing with an FL5 in my local dealership’s showroom recently. I chalked it up to the shiny white showroom floor making it look this way…but, it makes me wonder if the shipping blocks were removed. I assume you’ve checked this?

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
On a side note, I like those smaller diameter wheels. They must aid in both ride comfort and performance...

OP
OP

TchnoZ33

First Name
Zaid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
What are shipping blocks? 😳. And thanks! I just got them because I couldn’t find 265 width tires in 19s all season michillin sport 4 S.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
What are shipping blocks? 😳. And thanks! I just got them because I couldn’t find 265 width tires in 19s all season michillin sport 4 S.
They’re literally blocks they wedge into the suspension (at the factory) to help stabilize the cars during shipping. There have been documented cases where people received their cars, but the dealership forgot to remove the shipping blocks…and people had been driving their cars with the shipping blocks in place for several days if not weeks. https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threa...ransport-blocks-before-taking-delivery.51208/

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
No problem. Glad to help!

OP
OP

TchnoZ33

First Name