• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Heavier Clutch

MrAnd3rS0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I have a 2022 Si, but recently test drove an FK8 and noticed how much heavier the clutch is (assuming it wasn’t aftermarket). I liked the clutch feel in the Type R much more than my Si and felt easier to drive in my opinion.

The only reason I’m even mentioning this is because I’ve become quite discouraged driving my Si to the point I’m seriously considering getting a GTI with the DSG. I drove an MK8 GTI and I actually really liked it, but concerned about long term reliability, which is one of the reasons I got the Si in the first place.

I’ve had my Si for several months and put 7k miles on it, and while I think I’m pretty decent, sometimes it’s jerky when shifting and it gets in my head that maybe it’s not for me. It doesn’t help that I have mild cerebral palsy and don’t have quite as much precise control in my left leg as I do my right.

Is there any way to get a heavier clutch feel in my Si to make it more like the Type R? If not, how dumb of an idea is it to get a GTI lol
Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Same boat. Watching reviews on the TypeR and TheTopher just mentioned the difference on his Teggy drive that was uploaded yesterday. Makes me anxious to upgrade when the TypeS drops.

OP
OP
MrAnd3rS0n

MrAnd3rS0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Same boat. Watching reviews on the TypeR and TheTopher just mentioned the difference on his Teggy drive that was uploaded yesterday. Makes me anxious to upgrade when the TypeS drops.
I think the Integra S will be really cool, but really wish it had a DCT option. I’m all for saving the manuals, but it’s not for everyone.

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I have a 2022 Si, but recently test drove an FK8 and noticed how much heavier the clutch is (assuming it wasn’t aftermarket). I liked the clutch feel in the Type R much more than my Si and felt easier to drive in my opinion.

The only reason I’m even mentioning this is because I’ve become quite discouraged driving my Si to the point I’m seriously considering getting a GTI with the DSG. I drove an MK8 GTI and I actually really liked it, but concerned about long term reliability, which is one of the reasons I got the Si in the first place.

I’ve had my Si for several months and put 7k miles on it, and while I think I’m pretty decent, sometimes it’s jerky when shifting and it gets in my head that maybe it’s not for me. It doesn’t help that I have mild cerebral palsy and don’t have quite as much precise control in my left leg as I do my right.

Is there any way to get a heavier clutch feel in my Si to make it more like the Type R? If not, how dumb of an idea is it to get a GTI lol
Clutch feel and a heavy clutch pedal are two different things. If all you are looking for is a heavier clutch pedal, the only way to do so is to upgrade to at least a stage 1 clutch, which should come with a heavier pressure plate in general.

If you want to switch to a GTI because you feel manual is not for you after a while, keep in mind GTI are hard to come by nowadays (there were barely any for every VW Dealer in the US the last time I checked). Having access to a good VW independent shop is a plus. Engine is a little quirky compared to average Japanese engines (EA888 gets improved over each generation, but tend to have its own quirk), but you'll be mostly fine for the most part for being meticulous on your fluid choice and maintenance (VW Approved oil, DSG Service, etc).

Mechatronic (the DSG module inside the transmission) can fail and they are pricey. Motor mounts are inadequately soft that they collapse over time or fail.

If you are comfortable, there are aftermarket scan tool options (ROSS-TECH VCDS/OBDEleven) in case you are interested.

FL5.Aikoka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Volkswagen GTI 6-Speed
I currently have a MK7.5 GTI, and when I was getting my current car, an Si and a Mk8 were at the top of my list. The Mk7.5 is pretty bulletproof, although water pump and carbon build-up could happen for a few. These are well-built cars, and I know of 3 Mk7 GTIs above 120,000 miles. The Mk8 is a brand-new platform with numerous first-year issues. I'd consider a Mk7.5 GTI at the current state of things and wouldn't recommend a Mk8 for maybe a year or two until they get things ironed out. I think you should try one out and spend some time with it, as, in my opinion, it's a great car at its core (spoiler alert, it'll feel very similar to the Mk8).
Sponsored