• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Help Received - Had Rocks between the Rotor and Brake Shield

BallisticSquid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EX Hatch, 2020 Si Sedan, 2023 Si
That sound give me brings back bad memories. This happened with my '19 Hatch and I freaked out. I drove to the dealer to get them to look at it and of course just as I got there it stopped. They put it on a lift just to make sure all was OK but they said it was probably a rock that got caught up in the brakes. It never happened again.

I had this happen also with my '07 Volvo S40. Ironically, the rock was caught between the rotor and a shield whose purpose was to reduce noise.
Sponsored

OP
OP
machimself

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
You probably don't even need to take the wheel off. I had this happen the other day and freaked out. If you just reach through and push on the dust shield a little the rock will probably fall right out like mine did.
I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

rob495

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Ariel Atom
My FK8 would get rocks lodged into the brake shield ALL of the time. So damn annoying. It would happen more often in warmer weather. I was hoping that Honda addressed this issue in the FL5.

Cl189

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
I’ve had one in my fk8 and it was loud and screechy. Had one in my fl5 and it sounded like my whole car was falling apart. Pretty sure ppl could hear it blocks away. I could hear it over the radio and I had it cranked up. Luckily going 3 feet in reverse at a light got it out

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
I just got done posting a new thread on this yesterday because google didn't see fit to show me this then (and if google can't find it you know forum search wont) 🤦‍♂️

My first stone in dust shield code brown was 20 years ago, one of the first days I had my first new car, Scion tC. Ran over some fresh pot hole patch and some of the tar-covered stones stuck in the dust shield and sounded like hell. Seems like the CTR sucks stones into those shields like its its job.
Sponsored