• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Here we go again lol

CTR39322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
I see this as a intent to fix the disappointment the cars and bids car caused.

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I hope it sells for 100k. I only say that cause I already have mine!
I agree. Lol. His reserve is probably in the low 50’K. Just wants the tax and license back as well. Probably got the car for MSRP anything over what he paid is a profit. Will be interesting as my car is around the same # is his. Dr Evil asked me how much I want for mine ? I said, 100 gagillion $$$$$. Lol. Time to buy a ZO6 ? Just Kidding,, only way I would part with my car is if I pass away or can’t drive a stick anymore because of my left hip. Have Screws, pins and a plate holding it together, but was told I will need major surgery to fix it. I’m holding off because I love my car too much.
kind regards

Last edited:

mcharity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I think safe money says this goes for 51k a bit more than the CAB auction, just due to the color. If reserve is at 55k you’re better off just going to a dealership and paying the 10k markup. Plenty of them will go for that if you actually show up in person.

But the seller also can’t have a reserve at 50k because after taxes/fees/insurance that’s your OTD price for an FL5 IF you find one for MSRP. That’s the bare minimum the seller has in it.

I also find it funny that the BAT seller is repeating what the CAB seller said almost verbatim.

“I don’t need to sell the car, if it doesn’t sell I’ll just drive it and enjoy it”.

mcharity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
After scouring the CivicXi forums I found a post from July 24 where the user said that Hare Honda(the dealership the car was sold at) was going to be selling the FL5 for a $5k markup and had 1 person on the list.

$50k plus 7% Indiana Tax + $200 Hare Honda Doc Fee = ~$53,700.

Unless the auction goes wild I can’t see the car meeting reserve. Even with a low reserve of $55,000 after BAT 5% buyer fee that means a total of $57,750 and the car would still need to be shipped and registered(means paying tax). Giving a total price of ~$60,000.

Last edited:

mcharity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It is interesting to read that the people on BAT don’t understand the hate towards flippers. These are usually already wealthy people using their position to increase the transaction price of a car meant to be attainable.

This is not unlike my experience buying a home. I was going to open houses and having to bid against people who owned cars worth more than the house.

Imagine going to look at a $180k condo and there’s a guy in a brand new Escalade ESV also wanting to buy it. The facts are I can’t compete. The Escalade owner gets just another rental property and I am forced into renting even longer and making it even harder for me to get my own home.

mcharity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Anyone notice that the BAT comment section only shows one side of the argument towards flippers? It seems like anyone who is for flippers is allowed to comment but anyone who is against flippers either isn’t allowed to comment or is flagged.

Btw the reason people don’t like flippers is because they make a commodity out of something that was meant to be fun. The same thing goes for Xbox and PS5’s.

They typically argue that no one complains about GT4RS, Urus, or Hummer EV flippers. But the facts are those vehicles are in a different price bracket and that matters. You’re probably making at least 500k a year with those cars. If that person doesn’t get their 300k supercar, no one feels bad. The same applies to someone’s mortgage budget. If rates rise and people can now afford 20% less than in the past well the guy looking at the million dollar home, now is forced to a 800k home….poor him…

Whereas if someone looking for a 200k home is forced to shop 20% less in the $160k range well that will drastically reduce what they get, if they can get can anything at all.

The facts are the richer you get the less pity you receive and rightfully so. If you want to be a scalper/flipper, and call it capitalism then do so. Just don’t expect those suffering the effects to praise you.

OP
OP
SKINNIE

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5
Anyone notice that the BAT comment section only shows one side of the argument towards flippers? It seems like anyone who is for flippers is allowed to comment but anyone who is against flippers either isn’t allowed to comment or is flagged.

Btw the reason people don’t like flippers is because they make a commodity out of something that was meant to be fun. The same thing goes for Xbox and PS5’s.

They typically argue that no one complains about GT4RS, Urus, or Hummer EV flippers. But the facts are those vehicles are in a different price bracket and that matters. You’re probably making at least 500k a year with those cars. If that person doesn’t get their 300k supercar, no one feels bad. The same applies to someone’s mortgage budget. If rates rise and people can now afford 20% less than in the past well the guy looking at the million dollar home, now is forced to a 800k home….poor him…

Whereas if someone looking for a 200k home is forced to shop 20% less in the $160k range well that will drastically reduce what they get, if they can get can anything at all.

The facts are the richer you get the less pity you receive and rightfully so. If you want to be a scalper/flipper, and call it capitalism then do so. Just don’t expect those suffering the effects to praise you.
Hell I can't even go buy a nice pair of shoes because these damn resellers buy them all up when something good drops. It took me a year to get a PS5 for regular price also lmao.

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
There are so many people that are so deserving of this car. It makes me angry that people would want to flip it for the chance of a profit. As much as I hate how capitalism shafts the many enthusiasts who love this car, I sure love it when it screws a reseller for trying to profit off of something that's already hard to get.

But what's even worse is that the very thing that we hate here is the very thing that screwed him over and it's ADM. The dealers want this to happen.

Hell I can't even go buy a nice pair of shoes because these damn resellers buy them all up when something good drops. It took me a year to get a PS5 for regular price also lmao.
This is the equivalent of a person running bots on Footlocker's site and buying Travis Scott Air Jordan 1s only to try and resell them for a profit. Except Footlocker can't markup the price of a sneaker to $1500 just because that's what a bunch of resellers want. But dealers can with cars. And can do it legally (unfortunately). Which ends up screwing both resellers and the awesome enthusiasts in this forum. It starts from the top. And unless there are any crazy billionaire lobbyists in here that are going to use their money to influence laws being changed, nothing's going to change.

Last edited:

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R

They typically argue that no one complains about GT4RS, Urus, or Hummer EV flippers. But the facts are those vehicles are in a different price bracket and that matters.
People most definitely are complaining about the people who flip those cars. With Porsche, its been an issue with their GT cars even before the COVID shortages. Even if you have money getting a GT4RS is not easy, and Porsche plays the same BS that all other dealerships play when it comes to their GT cars.

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
There still are people that complain about the people who flip those cars. Even if you have money getting a GT4RS is not easy, and Porsche plays the same BS that all other dealerships play when it comes to their GT cars.
I would like to agree. I'm not able to afford those kinds of cars so I can't even look in that direction. But I find it hard to believe that you can find a European sports car for MSRP to match the common ADM of this car in the same likelihood of getting such a deal. I feel you're more likely to find an FL5 for MSRP than a BMW M4.

mcharity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
People most definitely are complaining about the people who flip those cars. With Porsche, its been an issue with their GT cars even before the COVID shortages. Even if you have money getting a GT4RS is not easy, and Porsche plays the same BS that all other dealerships play when it comes to their GT cars.
Oh I know. I autocross with the local Porsche Club. There’s actually a lot of debate even between them about prices.

But the fact is the vast majority of enthusiasts and especially the public will never care about those cars, because they’re seen as rich people toys. (to be fair that’s what they are).

The buyer of GT4RS and the buyer of an FL5 may both face a 50% markup. But the Porsche buyer has such a high income that an extra $100k is an inconvenience or an obstacle. Whereas for the average FL5 buyer an extra $22k is a life altering amount.

The average Porsche buyer pays the 100k and goes on the same vacations they planned anyway. The average FL5 buyer pays the 20k and needs to start thinking about how they are gonna make that payment.

mcharity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I would like to agree. I'm not able to afford those kinds of cars so I can't even look in that direction. But I find it hard to believe that you can find a European sports car for MSRP to match the common ADM of this car in the same likelihood of getting such a deal. I feel you're more likely to find an FL5 for MSRP than a BMW M4.
Eh it depends like always. But the typical BMW owner especially the M4, will have one BMW dealer that they deal with and will move between cars quite frequently. This causes them to have a relationship with said dealer and makes the dealer more likely to sell at MSRP.

However most people aren’t changing up Honda’s every 2 years.
Sponsored