• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Whit793

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Accord
So, with the 1.5L T you could probably tune it to just over 200HP

Add some performance brakes and tires, you could at least possibly, kinda, somewhat, maybe autocross the hatchback.

I think I'll probably end up going with a 7.5 gen GTI now.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 FR-S, 2016 RAV4 Hybrid
No Type R? It seems a little more nice inside and stealthier outside so Iā€™ll consider a Type R. Although Iā€™m sure Honda will put a massive spoiler on it and ruin the stealth aspect.
If the current CTR is any guide, I wouldn't buy one for a couple of reasons.
1. It's a lot more expensive. Si would cost a lot less than a Sport Touring, while a CTR would cost considerably more.
2. The current CTR's wheels and tires with impossibly small sidewall wouldn't do well in the pot-hole riddled streets I drive around. I actually had a sidewall blow-out due to a pot hole in my Si, and those tires have more sidewall.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
The only way I'm trading in my 10th gen Si sedan for an 11th gen is if it's an Si hatch.
With you 100% I would never give up the lsd again and go for a sport touring hatch. They need to bring an Si hatch.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
If the current CTR is any guide, I wouldn't buy one for a couple of reasons.
1. It's a lot more expensive. Si would cost a lot less than a Sport Touring, while a CTR would cost considerably more.
2. The current CTR's wheels and tires with impossibly small sidewall wouldn't do well in the pot-hole riddled streets I drive around. I actually had a sidewall blow-out due to a pot hole in my Si, and those tires have more sidewall.
Yeah I think the low depreciation of the R helps but depreciation on the Si is also very low. Iā€™d still prefer an Si hatch to a Type R for those reasons and also I donā€™t have to worry about scraping the front end.

I donā€™t really want a GTI, hate the Elantra N styling, the GR Corolla might work but the hatch is tiny and not sure fun itā€™ll be to drive being based on a very boring car. But then so is the Yaris, lol.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With you 100% I would never give up the lsd again and go for a sport touring hatch. They need to bring an Si hatch.
That's something that I had forgotten about.

A lot of people will say that you can just get a Hondata tune to make a hatchback perform like an Si, but there's always all the other stuff like the LSD, brakes, suspension upgrades, etc.

The Si sedan, for me, was always a bit of a compromise vehicle. Back in '17, I wanted a hatchback with a manual, 4 doors, and Android Auto. That combination didn't actually exist in the US because
1. the Hatchback Sport didn't come with Android Auto. Even if it did, it was impossible to find a manual in my area.
2. the Hatchback Sport Touring didn't come in manual in the US. I think it did in Canada though.

I also wanted an Si but it wasn't quite as important as the other requirements.

I got the Si sedan because it it fulfilled most of the requirements. I've never been 100% satisfied with that decision.

Going with a non-Si 11th gen hatchback would seem like a downgrade now, and I refuse to get another sedan.

Now I'm going to wait and see if Toyota delivers a GR Corolla at a price point lower than the CTR. I can dream, can't I?

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ridgeline RTL-E, 2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S
I think Honda is leaving a lot of money on the table by not making a hatchback SI, especially now that the coupe is gone. I have an '18 sedan SI, but would have preferred a hatch, and I think the coupe buyers would prefer the hatch over the sedan.

I hope that at least they give the SI sedan the sharper nose from the hatch.
They're leaving much more money on the table making the Si and Type R manual only. So they obviously don't care.
Si's, Type R's, and any vehicle with a manual transmission for that matter make up such a tiny fraction of total sales that it's nearly meaningless. If Honda never made another, they'd survive just fine. Buyers of those models might be upset or disappointed, but someone in the market for Civic sedan with a CVT isn't going to care if I'm mad at Honda for no longer offering me a Civic Si coupe with a manual transmission. :)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si's, Type R's, and any vehicle with a manual transmission for that matter make up such a tiny fraction of total sales that it's nearly meaningless. If Honda never made another, they'd survive just fine. Buyers of those models might be upset or disappointed, but someone in the market for Civic sedan with a CVT isn't going to care if I'm mad at Honda for no longer offering me a Civic Si coupe with a manual transmission. :)
This, unfortunately, is true. To make matters worse, even if the manual take-rate weren't so pathetic, manuals are going to disappear in a generation or two anyway due to electrification.

popopopop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Si Sedan
^My loyalty to other Honda vehicles is because of my experiences with their sport cars in my younger days. They need the enthusiast segment to capture the older audiences later when it's time for the CR-Vs and Odysseys.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in the vast majority that has no interest in an NSX or even Civic Type R. My loyalty to Honda was based on top quality and reliability and I'm upset that they've taken those away.

popopopop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Si Sedan
I'm in the vast majority that has no interest in an NSX or even Civic Type R. My loyalty to Honda was based on top quality and reliability and I'm upset that they've taken those away.
Lol, with the way s2k and nsx appreciated, I'll probably end up in an ND miata like you later.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A few months ago, I almost sold the Miata to Carvana for nearly 90% of what I paid for two years ago. I submitted all the paperwork and had a pick up scheduled, but chickened out the day of. I turn over vehicles frequently, but the Miata (and a CX-5 I owned for ten months) made an emotional connection with me unlike any modern Honda product has. If not for the Ridgeline and lack of another vehicle comparable to the Ridgeline, I'd probably no longer be a Honda owner.

Last edited:

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Lol, with the way s2k and nsx appreciated, I'll probably end up in an ND miata like you later.
OT:

The ND2 with the GT-S package (2019+) is Miata perfected. I still pine for one even though Iā€™ve an ND1. The next gen will be electrified (confirmed by Mazda) so get ā€˜em while theyā€™re hot! They depreciate quite a bit during the first 3 years before the pandemic.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The next gen will be electrified (confirmed by Mazda) so get ā€˜em while theyā€™re hot!
I somehow missed that even though I stay fairly saturated with automotive news. Curiously, I spend FAR more time on Honda forums than Mazda forums. Not sure why - maybe I'd rather actually get out and enjoy driving the Mazdas instead of talking about them. ;)

Back somewhat on topic, it would be nice to see a Civic Si hatchback.
Sponsored