• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Still pisses me off they went backwards with the hatch. Taking the 1.5t out of LX and Sport and giving it the 2.0 while charging the same money is just dumb. Plus getting rid of the bigger screen we had on the 20-21 is a big wtf as well.
The screen on non-Tourings is actually 7", so that's a wash with the 10th gen.
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
I kept reading it as they went back to the old 5 inch head unit but yeah you're right.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
It was never even possible to get a 2.0 hatch here in Canada for the 10th gen.

We had LX, Sport, Sport Touring. They all had the 1.5T and all had the full touchscreen display headunit.
I think the US was the same.

What about 11th gen, is Canada getting a 1.5T hatch Sport?

If so maybe the US is making room for an Si hatch. :)

Just makes no sense to neuter the hatch lineup this way.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
The screen on non-Tourings is actually 7", so that's a wash with the 10th gen.
It seems to me that Honda's strategy is to decontent the lower trims in order to push more people into the premium-priced Touring / Sport Touring. I'm extremely curious to see how the new Si will be set up. I will not buy the new Si if it is based on the EX-level infotainment -- the absence of satellite radio alone is a dealbreaker to me. That's a shame if it works out that way, because I think the interior of the 11th gen is a substantial improvement over the 10th, and would be very tempted to buy when the time comes.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
It seems to me that Honda's strategy is to decontent the lower trims in order to push more people into the premium-priced Touring / Sport Touring. I'm extremely curious to see how the new Si will be set up. I will not buy the new Si if it is based on the EX-level infotainment -- the absence of satellite radio alone is a dealbreaker to me. That's a shame if it works out that way, because I think the interior of the 11th gen is a substantial improvement over the 10th, and would be very tempted to buy when the time comes.

I'm eager to see the packaging of Si as well. After 4.5years riding the 10th gen hatchback sport, I'm looking forward for this new gen.

For the, my interest is on changes done on the Type R. For my daily, I'll be switching for an electric car.

BladeShunner

First Name
Karter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hyundai Accent Limited
EX Hatchback found on Reddit.com
220359761_230304008950998_7483108332227137693_n.jpg
You know, the more I see these pictures the less I like these cars. I wasn't a fan of the 10th generation. It was way too busy for me. But this swings the pendulum too far in the other direction - it's downright bland looking. Plus, that upright windshield angle looks so dated to me. Maybe I'll be wowed when I see one in the flesh, but I'm not holding my breath...

I won't be in the market for a new car for a year or more. I hope some company comes out with a hatchback I can live with before then. Problem is, all the car companies are ditching their hatchbacks in favor of SUVs, and I don't need/want one of those! Grrrrr.

OP
OP
Acura_CSX_4eva

Acura_CSX_4eva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura Manual Transmission + Nav + Heated Leather
@BladeShunner, Yeah what is up with the upright windshield anyway? I see that on the Acura TLX now too and it seems like it would cause more drag no? You used to see those angles all over the place in the 80s, I mean what happened to the smooth curves ?

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
There’s hope for an SiR hatch if the Sport hatch is equipped only with the fan-favorite 2.0L.
As I was shopping minivans, the Honda sales guy said the 22 Civic Si will be a hatch. He seemed very confident... I'm skeptical.

You know, the more I see these pictures the less I like these cars. I wasn't a fan of the 10th generation. It was way too busy for me. But this swings the pendulum too far in the other direction - it's downright bland looking. Plus, that upright windshield angle looks so dated to me. Maybe I'll be wowed when I see one in the flesh, but I'm not holding my breath...
I agree with you 100%. The sedan is blah, and that upright rake of the windshield screams family sedan, not sporty sedan. The hatchback despite its flaws is way more promising.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4

I won't be in the market for a new car for a year or more. I hope some company comes out with a hatchback I can live with before then. Problem is, all the car companies are ditching their hatchbacks in favor of SUVs, and I don't need/want one of those! Grrrrr.
You can still get a 10th gen hatch for discount no?

Mazda?

SpringRubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatch Sport, CVT, White
As for looks, I'm good with the pic of sonic grey. As for the pic of the boost blue that sure does look odd, not only for the shape but also fake chrome? Liking my 2018 Sport Hatch even more. However, if I were to look at a fancier hatch, it might be the VW Arteon.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
I'm extremely curious to see how the new Si will be set up. I will not buy the new Si if it is based on the EX-level infotainment -- the absence of satellite radio alone is a dealbreaker to me.
With a detuned 2.0t? Please?